Why optimism for the 2017 Miami Dolphins should be real | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why optimism for the 2017 Miami Dolphins should be real

At the half Marino was 16 of 23 with 79 passing yards a TD and a pick (QB Rating 70.7) After the half he was 19 of 27 with 264 passing yards a TD and a pick (QB Rating 98.5).

Who is to blame for the average at best first half?

Reports that Joe wanted to move on from Tannehill and draft Carr is tainted revisionist history - as it comes from Philbin himself, trying to rehabilitate his image after being kicked to the curb for cause, albeit too late. I call "BS."

It's no coincidence that Philbin, who probably Peter Principle'd out as the part time GB coordinator is now helping get Andrew Luck killed as the OL coach, 2 levels down.

Not what I said. I said they can change the game. Tannehill isn't a game changer yet, he's good and you can win with him but he isn't great.

Carring a team doesn't mean you win it outright by yourself. It means you lead them and make them better around you.

Post #9 certainly suggested something different from you but so be it.

Post #9 certainly suggested something different from you but so be it.

Certainly. I want to see plays from him like the ones I've talked about but on a more consistent basis. He's been a good Qb and in fact the best Miami has had since Marino but he isn't near great yet. That's just a fact. I want to see him become great. I don't think that is asking too much at all being a lifetime fan and watching winning Miami football in the late 70's, 80's and 90;s and then a decade plus of suffering.

Certainly. I want to see plays from him like the ones I've talked about but on a more consistent basis. He's been a good Qb and in fact the best Miami has had since Marino but he isn't near great yet. That's just a fact. I want to see him become great. I don't think that is asking too much at all being a lifetime fan and watching winning football in the late 70's, 80's and 90;s.

Tannehill is a really damn good QB but he'll never be great or mentioned alongside recent greats such as Manning, Brady, and Rogers. Even a super bowl championship wouldn't change that fact. He can and most probably will continue to improve barring further injury, but he'll never be an elite signal caller and one or two seasons with top tier production doesn't sway the mark . Just like how Matt Ryan had a phenomenal season last year but it was more a product of coaching and the overall team, it requires a career of elite skills and production to be considered so.

Tannehill is a really damn good QB but he'll never be great or mentioned alongside recent greats such as Manning, Brady, and Rogers. Even a super bowl championship wouldn't change that fact. He can and most probably will continue to improve barring further injury, but he'll never be an elite signal caller and one or two seasons with top tier production doesn't sway the mark . Just like how Matt Ryan had a phenomenal season last year but it was more a product of coaching and the overall team, it requires a career of elite skills and production to be considered so.
I do not see thill in same bracket as mat ryan at all. I see mat as qb who cannot win big games like nfc championship game or losing superbowl. Thill17 have never win more than 8 games yr.

Not the Matt Ryan comparison again. Ryan is weak and will fall off this year just like Newton did after his MVP year. Because they are not great

I do not see thill in same bracket as mat ryan at all. I see mat as qb who cannot win big games like nfc championship game or losing superbowl. Thill17 have never win more than 8 games yr.

I don't play fantasy football so I can't comment on QB's winning games.

It can happen. Take Drew Bress for example, at his 5th year the verdict was still 50/50. Was he good or great. That question is more than answered at this point, after year 5 he took off like a rocket. I know he had one pro-bowl in his 4th year but his 5th year could have been deemed regression. Welp looks like New Orleans is laughing about that right now.

So we will see, will Tannehill be mentioned with the E. Manning's of the league a good QB with 2 super bowl wins or will he become great which like the other Manning knows still doesn't win super bowls since his 2nd was all defense. IDK?

Not the Matt Ryan comparison again. Ryan is weak and will fall off this year just like Newton did after his MVP year. Because they are not great

Still glad we passed on him. How did he choke that game away and not milk the clock some up 3 scores...pathetic. I swear clock management is absolutely abysmal in the NFL too often, thank God we finally have a smart head coach now.

Ross has finally put together a good coaching staff and compared to years past, we are winning on draft day now.
I expect all the old a new pieces to mesh nicely with the new ones and for RT to pick up where he left off.
This schedule is tough, but they must find a way to win the majority of close games.
Great throws, great catches, and big defensive plays in crucial spots are done by individual effort.
Getting great effort until the game is over will get us into the playoffs again.

Yes, unfortunately.

Then I know you know the pain of what not having a good QB means. Fantasy doesn't have anything to do with reality when you have 7,289 QBs behind center from 1999 until 2015.............ok maybe I exaggerated it was only 5,145 Qbs over that time frame. lol.

Still glad we passed on him. How did he choke that game away and not milk the clock some up 3 scores...pathetic. I swear clock management is absolutely abysmal in the NFL too often, thank God we finally have a smart head coach now.

The playcalling falls on Shanahan, not Ryan. NE also stymied their run game and dared them to throw to end the game. Patriots defense did an excellent job w/ in game adjustments including flexing NT Brown creating extra stress on C Mack, whom was playing with a fractured left fibula, and Atlanta's run game overall.

Back
Top Bottom