Why the Jets should be better than the Dolphins again | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Jets should be better than the Dolphins again

Why so confident in Cameron? His one time as a HC he was a failure and while he has run good offenses in the Chargers last 2 playoff ames he has gone away from LT both times and eachn time it cost SD a win and this year it probably cost them a SB.

I agree with you here juncy... I felt that the SD-NE game was the greatest waste of offensive talent I've ever seen in a playoff game... the second half game plan stunk and moved away from what got them there.

Thomas Jones still doesnt have a thing to with the Jets yet so how can you compare what he did in the NFC Central to Ronnie Brown running in the AFC East?

Washington was the feature back last year b/c he was the best guy for the job. Nice demotion he gets huh?

I am comparing him because thats what he put up last year. Leon Washington is not a feature back, he is all we had. Just like Joey Harrington was starting for you last year because thats all you had when culpepper got injured (martin was injured for us).

Ahhh the oldest defense in the NFL bit. God I love it when that's the arguement.

So basically the Jets upgraded every single position they needed to and Miami didn't. Gotcha

WRs are equal to last year? How? Hagan has a year of experience now, and with Ginn, you'd at least think he'd make the core a little better.

Keep basing your worthless thoughts on last year man. When the past really becomes the past (which is NOW) you'll eat your words once they put the pads on and play

Well the jets kept 21 of 22 starters. They only replaced their full back. Then they added Thomas Jones who had 600 more yards than the jets leading rusher. Thats an upgrade. The jets also added several pieces to their defense.

The reason I said the wr's are equal to last year is because they lost Welker who was there best one. Ginn may turn out to be better, but as of right now I am calling them a wash.

The QB situation is your biggest question mark. Culpepper really hasnt looked good without randy moss (last season in minn and last season). Green isnt that much better if they get him. He played really bad last year after his concussion.

I agree with most of this, but I think that Miami's secondary is actually a little better then the Jets. Ya, I know they just got Darelle Revis, but who's to say he will be any good. He may be a 1st round pick but I could name a 100 first round picks that haven't quite worked out in this league and personally I think he's overated. I'll take Miami's secondary b/c it has more depth. W. Allen, J. Allen, Bell, Tillman, Daniels, Goodman. I don't be suprised to see Undrafted free agent Geoffrey Pope from Howard University make this team.

I agree with most of this, but I think that Miami's secondary is actually a little better then the Jets. Ya, I know they just got Darelle Revis, but who's to say he will be any good. He may be a 1st round pick but I could name a 100 first round picks that haven't quite worked out in this league and personally I think he's overated. I'll take Miami's secondary b/c it has more depth. W. Allen, J. Allen, Bell, Tillman, Daniels, Goodman. I don't be suprised to see Undrafted free agent Geoffrey Pope from Howard University make this team.

True, he may not be good, but the same goes for Ted Ginn.

I am comparing him because thats what he put up last year. Leon Washington is not a feature back, he is all we had. Just like Joey Harrington was starting for you last year because thats all you had when culpepper got injured (martin was injured for us).

Comparing Jones to Brown isnt fair b/c Jones played in a different conference and division. Who was gunna stop him, Green Bay or Detroit? Minnesota was good, I'll give you that.

Jones is a good RB, don't get me wrong. I just don't think you can compare what he did vs anyone in our division.

Well the jets kept 21 of 22 starters. They only replaced their full back. Then they added Thomas Jones who had 600 more yards than the jets leading rusher. Thats an upgrade. The jets also added several pieces to their defense.

The reason I said the wr's are equal to last year is because they lost Welker who was there best one. Ginn may turn out to be better, but as of right now I am calling them a wash.

The QB situation is your biggest question mark. Culpepper really hasnt looked good without randy moss (last season in minn and last season). Green isnt that much better if they get him. He played really bad last year after his concussion.

Time will tell man. At the end of the day if Miami goes 3-13 I'll still be here to chat with you guys and then look towards next season. We won't know whats going to happen until all is said and done

Time will tell man. At the end of the day if Miami goes 3-13 I'll still be here to chat with you guys and then look towards next season. We won't know whats going to happen until all is said and done

very true. Anything can happen.

Comparing Jones to Brown isnt fair b/c Jones played in a different conference and division. Who was gunna stop him, Green Bay or Detroit? Minnesota was good, I'll give you that.

Jones is a good RB, don't get me wrong. I just don't think you can compare what he did vs anyone in our division.

But he still played 16 nfl teams. In 2005 he had 1,200 yards also (I believe) and that was against 16 nfl teams. Obvisously its not a given he will get 1,200 in NY (maybe more maybe less) but he is proven. If the jets were relying on a rookie RB or Leon Washington in 2007 I wouldnt be as confident.

I have to say..this thread has been very good. a great spirited argument, with intelligent talk...(for the most part)

It is good to see even rivals can have a discussion that gets beyond "you suck"

it's just the way he is running things. He seems to be doing things the right way. The stories that came out after Saban left about how everything in the organization was so tightly ran, how everything was always tense. Now with Cameron here everything is loose again. I love the way Cameron goes about business. Of course we don't know what will happen on the field, but I am fairly confident he will bring us back to the top of the league.

But that's why we play the games :)

That is a fair answer, you have to be optimistic whenever a new coach comes in.

I agree with you here juncy... I felt that the SD-NE game was the greatest waste of offensive talent I've ever seen in a playoff game... the second half game plan stunk and moved away from what got them there.

That was a frustrating game to watch, I liked that they moved away from LT in the '04 playoffs but watching it last year was panful b/c there is no way SD should have lost that game.

The one area on D we were better than you guys last year was in the secondary. Our DBs were excellent last yar led b one of the best S's int he game. We faced 533 pass attempts last yera and gave up 19 TDs while picking off 16, you guys faced 498 attempts and gave up 22 TDs while picking off 8. Our secondary did an outsanding job last year especially since we didn't get much of a pass rush. We had 35 sacks, your D got 47 sacks.

While overall we had better teams in our division we didn't have better rush defenses.

Rush D rankings:

AFC East:

NE: ranked 5th, 1,507 yds, 3.9 YPC
NYJ: ranked 23rd, 2,084 yds, 4.6 YPC
Buf: ranked 27th, 2,254 yds, 4.7 YPC

Average ranking: 18
Average yards allowed: 1,948
YPC: 4.4

NFC North:

Minny: ranked 1st, 985 yds, 2.8 YPC
GB: ranked 13th, 1,825 yds, 4.1 YPC
det: ranked 21st, 2,010 yds, 4.1 YPC

Average ranking: 12
Average yards allowed: 1,607
YPC: 3.8

The better rush D's were in the NFC North.

brown against GB, Minny and Detroit:

41 rushes, 132 yards, 3.2 YPC, 0 TDs

Jones against NYJ, NE and Buf:

67 rushes, 330 yds, 4.9 YPC, 0 TDs

The only game he didn't get 100 yds was against NE where he got 99 yds on 23 carries.

The one area on D we were better than you guys last year was in the secondary. Our DBs were excellent last yar led b one of the best S's int he game. We faced 533 pass attempts last yera and gave up 19 TDs while picking off 16, you guys faced 498 attempts and gave up 22 TDs while picking off 8. Our secondary did an outsanding job last year especially since we didn't get much of a pass rush. We had 35 sacks, your D got 47 sacks.

I don't know about jets stats, but I didn't think our secondary had that many interceptions.

Edit: I just looked it up, our secondary only had 5 picks. 2 came from JT, and one from Zach.

I don't know about jets stats, but I didn't think our secondary had that many interceptions.

Edit: I just looked it up, our secondary only had 5 picks. 2 came from JT, and one from Zach.

My mistake, i jst took the pass D #s. Actual INTs from DBs: Miami 5 NYJ 14

I think secondary is the biggest weakness in the dolphins defense and that wasnt addressed at all in free agency or the draft. The jets used their first round pick on the top corner in the draft. So if he turns out to be pretty good, then the jets secondary will be much better. If Revis ends up starting then 3 of the 4 memebers of the secondary will be 24 years old or younger, and dyson will be the oldest, at the ripe age of 27.

That is a fair answer, you have to be optimistic whenever a new coach comes in.

That was a frustrating game to watch, I liked that they moved away from LT in the '04 playoffs but watching it last year was panful b/c there is no way SD should have lost that game.

While overall we had better teams in our division we didn't have better rush defenses.

Rush D rankings:

AFC East:

NE: ranked 5th, 1,507 yds, 3.9 YPC
NYJ: ranked 23rd, 2,084 yds, 4.6 YPC
Buf: ranked 27th, 2,254 yds, 4.7 YPC

Average ranking: 18
Average yards allowed: 1,948
YPC: 4.4

NFC North:

Minny: ranked 1st, 985 yds, 2.8 YPC
GB: ranked 13th, 1,825 yds, 4.1 YPC
det: ranked 21st, 2,010 yds, 4.1 YPC

Average ranking: 12
Average yards allowed: 1,607
YPC: 3.8

The better rush D's were in the NFC North.

brown against GB, Minny and Detroit:

41 rushes, 132 yards, 3.2 YPC, 0 TDs

Jones against NYJ, NE and Buf:

67 rushes, 330 yds, 4.9 YPC, 0 TDs

The only game he didn't get 100 yds was against NE where he got 99 yds on 23 carries.

Even still you can't compare what Jones did in the NFC to anyone in the AFC. It's different in every single way even with the NFC Central/AFC East playing each other last year.

Back
Top Bottom