Why the Jets should be better than the Dolphins again | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Jets should be better than the Dolphins again

1) Cam isn't proven that is true, you can't fault people for hoping that he'll be a good coach based on his sucess as an OC.

2) Yeah you make a good point, it is better to have higher rated guys.
But you can't be just two players away from greatness, or one player away.
Look at New England, they are deep at many positions.

First year coaches are a wild card. But i think people are giving cameron a little to much credit for being a sucessful oc. I mean I dont see Philip Rivers/Drew Brees, LT or Gates on the dolphins.

The jets arent even close to being two players away from greatness. But out of all the options that were available to them, moving up and getting two players that you think have a great chance to be starters was probably the best move they could do.

I mean I dont see Philip Rivers/Drew Brees, LT or Gates on the dolphins.

Cam did groom two damn good QBs in SD.
He made Ferotte look good in Washington.

He knew how to use LT and Gates.
Although those two are absolute beasts.

Ronnie is no LT but he's a damn good back, had Numbnuts not given him his 25 carries, he would have had a more sucessful season.(That freak hand injury set him back as well)

Martin is an unproven TE. He's supposedly good when he can stay healthy.
We'll see about that one.

2 things. green is not on Miami, so he does not count. And Coles and J-Co are Better than Booker and Chambers.

Last year was an aberation for Chambers and the Miami receiving core. I think it's pretty even right now, I'm still not exactly in love with Cotchery but Coles can flat out play.

You aren't proving anything. You won't ever be able to compare RBs from two different conferences. Jones hasn't done anything with the Jets yet. Do the Jets run the same exact offense as the Bears? Is their OL the same/better then Chicago? Will the Jets run the ball as often as Chicago did?

Too many questions on this subject. Jones is a good back and he has 5 more years of experience over Brown. You'd expect Jones to be better at this point.

What I am saying is that you can't compare them

The point was proven, you said we couldn't compare them b/c the NFC stunk yet the NFC north had MUCH better run Ds and shut down Ronnie while Jones ran all over the AFC east teams.

it doesn'tmatter if we runt he same offense, we are comparing the 2 based on play the last 2 years and by year 2 Brown had no more excuses. you get the inexperienced excuse in year 1 but not year 2 so they were on equal ground last year.

Of course you can compare them, I think both are very good, not great, RBs. I think ronnie has the most upside in the division but Jones as been the bet back of any of the AFC East backs over the last 2 years.

Last year was an aberation for Chambers and the Miami receiving core. I think it's pretty even right now, I'm still not exactly in love with Cotchery but Coles can flat out play.

The aberration was 2 years ago for Chambers in getting over 1,000 yds. Chambers is a decent WR, he's not a legit #1 and e's not close to Coles and as good as Coles is I think Cotchery was better last year and will be better going forward. Our WR's are ALOT better than yours.

The point was proven, you said we couldn't compare them b/c the NFC stunk yet the NFC north had MUCH better run Ds and shut down Ronnie while Jones ran all over the AFC east teams.

it doesn'tmatter if we runt he same offense, we are comparing the 2 based on play the last 2 years and by year 2 Brown had no more excuses. you get the inexperienced excuse in year 1 but not year 2 so they were on equal ground last year.

Yeah, Chicago really shut down Ronnie and so did Detriot.
I forgot what he did in the GB game.

He was shut down against Minnesota, but he was injured.

And TJ didn't do much against us.

Yeah, Chicago really shut down Ronnie and so did Detriot.
I forgot what he did in the GB game.

He was shut down against Minnesota, but he was injured.

And TJ didn't do much against us.

I was taking away Chi and Mia from the discussion as ithey had switched teams and were facing the opposite divisions.

brown against GB, Minny and Detroit:

41 rushes, 132 yards, 3.2 YPC, 0 TDs

Jones against NYJ, NE and Buf:

67 rushes, 330 yds, 4.9 YPC, 0 TDs

Why is it so far fetched to think RB is equal? Thomas Jones had more yards than Ronnie Brown last year. Leon Washington who somehow was the feature back last year, is now the third down back.

Thomas Jones played three more games than Brown last season.

Here is where they ranked last season in yards per game:

13 Ronnie Brown RB, MIA 241 1008 4.2 77.5 47 5 4 2
16 Thomas Jones RB, CHI 296 1210 4.1 75.6 30 6 1 1

Brown also had more receiving yards.

If you want to base so much on yards gained, then the combo of Harringtion, Culpepper, and Lemon had more passing yards than Pennington. The QB play on the Dolphins must have been better than the Jets, right?

I was taking away Chi and Mia from the discussion as ithey had switched teams and were facing the opposite divisions.

brown against GB, Minny and Detroit:

41 rushes, 132 yards, 3.2 YPC, 0 TDs

Jones against NYJ, NE and Buf:

67 rushes, 330 yds, 4.9 YPC, 0 TDs

Why would you try to compare two RBs by looking at their stats against completely different teams?

Why would you try to compare two RBs by looking at their stats against completely different teams?

Another poster claimed Jones faced easier competition, I just "traded" the 2 backs so i showed the #s for each vs. the other div teams. Jones played against better rush Ds in his div and he had great success against the AFC east teams while Ronnie struggled against the NFC North. brow had 2 100 yd games(and a 9 yard game) against the AFC East while brown only had 4 100 yd games all year.

Let me tell you why you are wrong.....Saban was the only thing that kept us from beating the Jests last year and we used Joey Harrington. With Green and the other major improvements to go along with much better play calling we should sweep the jests easy.

The only thing the kept you from beating the Jets last year, was the score board.

Sorry, but unless Trent comes in and lights it up, the Dolphins are looking at trying very hard to get to .500 this year.

BZ

Of course you can compare them, I think both are very good, not great, RBs. I think ronnie has the most upside in the division but Jones as been the bet back of any of the AFC East backs over the last 2 years.

The aberration was 2 years ago for Chambers in getting over 1,000 yds. Chambers is a decent WR, he's not a legit #1 and e's not close to Coles and as good as Coles is I think Cotchery was better last year and will be better going forward. Our WR's are ALOT better than yours.

Im going to agree to disagree. Nothing else to say to you. Everybody is better then Miami. I get it

1 more thing. I was watching NFL Network and they talked to Chad Pennington. He said he can't even tell he EVER had shoulder pain. He is throwing stronger than ever. Which sucks for our sucky DBs.

1 more thing. I was watching NFL Network and they talked to Chad Pennington. He said he can't even tell he EVER had shoulder pain. He is throwing stronger than ever. Which sucks for our sucky DBs.

Yerimiah Bell and Renaldo Hill are solid, it's the corners I worry about. Not a big deal any way, Pennington can't throw it further than 30 yards any how.

Yerimiah Bell and Renaldo Hill are solid, it's the corners I worry about. Not a big deal any way, Pennington can't throw it further than 30 yards any how.

Chad can't throw 30 yards downfield but he's 6-1 against Miami.

It's late and I don't feel like looking it up, but I'm just curious what Chad's record vs Buffalo is?

Back
Top Bottom