Why the Jets should be better than the Dolphins again | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Jets should be better than the Dolphins again

I think secondary is the biggest weakness in the dolphins defense and that wasnt addressed at all in free agency or the draft. The jets used their first round pick on the top corner in the draft. So if he turns out to be pretty good, then the jets secondary will be much better. If Revis ends up starting then 3 of the 4 memebers of the secondary will be 24 years old or younger, and dyson will be the oldest, at the ripe age of 27.

Who said Revis was the best CB?

You cant judge on one year, but atleast he is proven. Cam Cameron is not proven.

I dont know if we gave up to much. According to those charts the jets gave up just what they were supposed to, to be able to move up. Serioulsy though how many late draft picks make an impact? In 99 I think the jets had 12 draft picks, and only one or two made the team. I rather have guys who are rated higher then a bunch of average guys. With that said sometimes you need alot of draft picks, this year I dont think they did.

No he is not

Even still you can't compare what Jones did in the NFC to anyone in the AFC. It's different in every single way even with the NFC Central/AFC East playing each other last year.

I don't know what more there is to prove my case, the NFC North had better rush Ds and jones did MUCH better against the AFC east than brown did against the NFC North.

I don't know what more there is to prove my case, the NFC North had better rush Ds and jones did MUCH better against the AFC east than brown did against the NFC North.

You aren't proving anything. You won't ever be able to compare RBs from two different conferences. Jones hasn't done anything with the Jets yet. Do the Jets run the same exact offense as the Bears? Is their OL the same/better then Chicago? Will the Jets run the ball as often as Chicago did?

Too many questions on this subject. Jones is a good back and he has 5 more years of experience over Brown. You'd expect Jones to be better at this point.

What I am saying is that you can't compare them

Most experts said Revis was the best corner back in the draft.

There have been a million guys in the draft who were "the best" according to the "experts" that didn't pan out to do anything.

So Tom Brady wasn't the best QB out of his draft? Nobody knew who the hell he was at the time.

There have been a million guys in the draft who were "the best" according to the "experts" that didn't pan out to do anything.

So Tom Brady wasn't the best QB out of his draft? Nobody knew who the hell he was at the time.

Ginn can be just as big if not a bigger bust than Revis. If we were relying on someone in the 3rd round to contribute i might worry, but he was regarded by many experts as a very good player. He may not be good, but for most first round picks you give them the benefit of the doubt.

But if you want to say he may not be good or cant count on him, then I can safely say that the dolphins Wr's have downgraded.

You cant judge on one year, but atleast he is proven. Cam Cameron is not proven.

I dont know if we gave up to much. According to those charts the jets gave up just what they were supposed to, to be able to move up. Serioulsy though how many late draft picks make an impact? In 99 I think the jets had 12 draft picks, and only one or two made the team. I rather have guys who are rated higher then a bunch of average guys. With that said sometimes you need alot of draft picks, this year I dont think they did.

1) Cam isn't proven that is true, you can't fault people for hoping that he'll be a good coach based on his sucess as an OC.

2) Yeah you make a good point, it is better to have higher rated guys.
But you can't be just two players away from greatness, or one player away.
Look at New England, they are deep at many positions.

Ginn can be just as big if not a bigger bust than Revis. If we were relying on someone in the 3rd round to contribute i might worry, but he was regarded by many experts as a very good player. He may not be good, but for most first round picks you give them the benefit of the doubt.

But if you want to say he may not be good or cant count on him, then I can safely say that the dolphins Wr's have downgraded.

The Dolphins WRs have not been downgraded. Even if all Ginn had to do was match Welker's value from last year, they'd at least be even with the production from last year.

So now Revis is only a very good player now according to the experts?

the Main reason the jets will be better (if they are :D) is another year in the same systems...unlike Miami who will be starting from scratch on Offense yet again for like the 5th time in 6 years.

the Main reason the jets will be better (if they are :D) is another year in the same systems...unlike Miami who will be starting from scratch on Offense yet again for like the 5th time in 6 years.

IMO Thats the biggest reason why new coaches don't fare so well in their first year.

The Dolphins WRs have not been downgraded. Even if all Ginn had to do was match Welker's value from last year, they'd at least be even with the production from last year.

So now Revis is only a very good player now according to the experts?

You cant have it both ways. If you want to say that Ginn will put up Welker numbers (which lead the team) you have to say that Revis will be an upgrade at corner. If you want to say Revis might be a bust or not contribute you have to say the exact same thing for Ginn at this point in time.

Since neither has played an nfl game you have to assume they will both be upgrades or non factors. It does no good for you to say revis might not be good and Ginn will be the leading reciever and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom