Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million

I think fins should keep RT for at least 2 more years, solidify Offensive line and Linebacker this coming draft, and potentially look for young QB in 2019 draft, though I know basically nothing about QBs coming out of college. Wouldn't hurt to have a young QB to push Ryan in 2019 if he doesn't quite look like out future. Personally I think we could win meaningful games with RT

Takes a little shot at James W also, well deseeved IMO. It's not two separate knee injurues.

Haven't heard any updates on Ryan's surgery yet. Hopefully all went well.

Or there's a question. Make no mistake about it. Especially if we can pull a heist of a trade.

We wouldn't get much. There are too many options set to hit free agency.

The only saving grace would be that next year's free-agent class could be fascinating. In addition to Cousins, the quarterbacks available could include Drew Brees, Sam Bradford, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jay Cutler and Teddy Bridgewater. That might depress Stafford's negotiating leverage while offering an out if the Lions did decide to go with an alternate option

And you can add McCarron or Dalton to the list.

We wouldn't get much. There are too many options set to hit free agency.

And you can add McCarron or Dalton to the list.
LOLOL.. thinking that a QB who put up elite scoreboard and top10 numbers the last half of his season is as worthless as your favorite HC who has been demoted 2 levels down, will never see even another OC oppty and is doing his best to permanently maim Andrew Luck.

You really can't make this **** up .

Tannehill stole $18 mil from Miami this year. No need for this organization to let him steal another $17.5 mil next year.

The only teams Tannehill played well against last year were teams in the bottom 10 in the league. Against good teams he sucked. Time to move on.

Unbelieveable that so many want to jump back into QB search hell....

And out of RT17 franchise qb fantasy land..

Welcome to RT17 fantasy land when we project him as top-tier qb when every other fan would laugh at that opinion. He is our version of Andy Dalton. Yes when the team is perfect he can keep up. Thats it. What were Tannys odds of winning the MVP this year? Lol, tannehill has always sucked against good teams, while playing well enough against bad teams. As the guy above me stated. Far from franchise qb money.

Tannehill apoligists live in a land of the make believe.

Last edited:
And out of RT17 franchise qb fantasy land..

Welcome to RT17 fantasy land when we project him as top-tier qb when every other fan would laugh at that opinion. He is our version of Andy Dalton. Yes when the team is perfect he can keep up. Thats it. What were Tannys odds of winning the MVP this year? Lol, tannehill has always sucked against good teams, while playing well enough against bad teams. As the guy above me stated. Far from franchise qb money.

Tannehill apoligists live in a land of the make believe.
Way to just make things up. When did Pittsburgh become a bad team?

Tannehill stole $18 mil from Miami this year. No need for this organization to let him steal another $17.5 mil next year.

The only teams Tannehill played well against last year were teams in the bottom 10 in the league. Against good teams he sucked. Time to move on.
Is it too much to ask for you to at least try to be accurate? Pitt was a good team last year and Ariz had the number 2 defense.

My whole thing is if Tannehill is actually as good as people here make him out to be then Miami should be getting flooded with great offers for him from the Browns and Jags of the world, the Jets, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, even the Redskins if they move on from Cousins...all these teams that don't currently have a solidified franchise QB on their team or a young guy pegged for that down the line....and by great offers I mean offers that at minimum include a 1st rounder. I doubt we ever see a report that Miami has placed Tannehill on the block/fielding offers but behind the scenes we know teams around the league will call anyway and make offers.

My whole thing is if Tannehill is actually as good as people here make him out to be then Miami should be getting flooded with great offers for him from the Browns and Jags of the world, the Jets, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, even the Redskins if they move on from Cousins...all these teams that don't currently have a solidified franchise QB on their team or a young guy pegged for that down the line....and by great offers I mean offers that at minimum include a 1st rounder. I doubt we ever see a report that Miami has placed Tannehill on the block/fielding offers but behind the scenes we know teams around the league will call anyway and make offers.

How many offers do ANY teams get for their QBs? You have no idea, yet that doesn't stop you from holding some fictitious concern against Tannehill? WTF?

I am of the belief that the Phins need to acquire a QB after this year. Not a starting caliber guy because they have Tannehill and if Cutler lights it up they have a good problem. They need a guy to replace Matt Moore because Doughty is not looking the part. Call me crazy but I'd like to see Gase bring in Blake Bortles. Yup he had a bad year last year but there were personnel issues and poor coaching that contributed to his struggles. I'd be willing to bet Gase could get him back to at least his 2015 performance and most likely better. That gives you Tannehill or Cutler with Bortles replacing Matt More. Use the draft picks to shore up the LBs and OL as well as adding depth.

Is it too much to ask for you to at least try to be accurate? Pitt was a good team last year and Ariz had the number 2 defense.
Against Pitt that win had to do with Ajayi having a breakout game (204 yards, 2 TD). Tannehill had little to do with that win.

How important is a RB having a good game to a teams success? Teams were 37-4 last year when their RB rushed for 140 yards or more and Ajayi rushed for over 200. Kinda explains how Miami won that game with Tannehill throwing a TD pass.

Against the Cardinals was the only game Tannehill was playing at an all-pro level. Of course he didn't finish the game in which Miami fell behind. So much for durability. And talk about being accurate. You don't mention the Cardinals just lost the Honey Badger or that their #2 defense as you claim (only #2 in yards and that is b/c they got to play 6 games against NFC West teams) had given up 28.2 ppg the previous 5 games and the Saints and Seahawks put 48 and 31 on them the following 2 weeks.

Is it too much to ask for you to look in the mirror before asking others to be accurate?

Tannehill has a lot of trade value, because it only takes 1 other NFL team having competent talent evaluators to create a market.

Against Pitt that win had to do with Ajayi having a breakout game (204 yards, 2 TD). Tannehill had little to do with that win.

How important is a RB having a good game to a teams success? Teams were 37-4 last year when their RB rushed for 140 yards or more and Ajayi rushed for over 200. Kinda explains how Miami won that game with Tannehill throwing a TD pass.

Against the Cardinals was the only game Tannehill was playing at an all-pro level. Of course he didn't finish the game in which Miami fell behind. So much for durability. And talk about being accurate. You don't mention the Cardinals just lost the Honey Badger or that their #2 defense as you claim (only #2 in yards and that is b/c they got to play 6 games against NFC West teams) had given up 28.2 ppg the previous 5 games and the Saints and Seahawks put 48 and 31 on them the following 2 weeks.

Is it too much to ask for you to look in the mirror before asking others to be accurate?
Tannehill played well against the Steelers and Ariz had the #2 defense. Both are accurate even if they don't fit your agenda. There were other top half of the league defenses in that stretch. You didn't even bother to check.

Back
Top Bottom