Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why there is no question about Ryan Tannehill and his $17.5 million

And Stafford just got made the highest paid NFL player in history at 27 mil a year....

And that's about the best evidence you'll ever see about what the league knows about how likely a team is to compete at a high level with less than an average QB.

When the average ones are getting paid tons, the well below-average ones must all but guarantee a poor team performance.

If arguably a QB in Tannehill's strata (at least before his 7-1 run) is getting $27mil, then, based on collective league wisdom, if healthy, RT17 becomes an outstanding bargain at what he's making

If arguably a QB in Tannehill's strata (at least before his 7-1 run) is getting $27mil, then, based on collective league wisdom, if healthy, RT17 becomes an outstanding bargain at what he's making

If the level at which he played his final eight games of 2016 were to become his norm, he'd be the best bargain at QB in the league other than Dak Prescott, who of course is making a fourth-round rookie's salary.

And this is why Dallas is likely to be very good for at least the next three years (including this one). They have the luxury Seattle did when Russell Wilson was on his initial NFL contract. They're paying a very good QB peanuts, which has them set at QB while able to surround that player with lots of talent with the remaining cap room.

Notice how much worse Seattle has gotten since Wilson got his second contract.

Stafford has a 5-46 record against teams finishing with a winning record. Of that he is 1-25 on the road.

Russell Wilson is the same QB, before and after signing his 2nd contract.

And I agree. However, my original point you responded to was that the team now has less cap room to work with by virtue of his much larger contract, and the team is therefore worse than it was when he was making peanuts.

I misunderstood then. I thought you were saying that Wilson's play has deteriorated due to his signing of a big contract and that's the reason Seattle got worse.

Back
Top Bottom