Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon?

mia420finz said:
D Wade has already brought a Championship to Miami if he continues on this path he will pass Danny.I love Danny but if your a sports fan You gotta love what D Wade did.

Who cares about the following outside of Miami.If ther not here maybe they like that cities basketball team.

what did D wade do..........he was on a team with the most dominant big man of all time, he also had payton, mourning, walker, williams. wade is a great talent, but there was some good players on that team.

Wade brought Miami an NBA Championship in only his 3rd season. He could add even more before he's finished. Unfortunately, the only thing Marino ever brought the city of Miami was pipe dreams....

Sad to say, but it's true. When all is said and done, Wade and his accomplishments will trump that of Marino's in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

finfan32 said:
what did D wade do..........he was on a team with the most dominant big man of all time, he also had payton, mourning, walker, williams. wade is a great talent, but there was some good players on that team.

Did you even watch the finals? Yes wade has a good supporting cast, but that was all wade in the playoffs. Dude was named MVP! He was clutch and without him we wouldn't have won.

I don't know, but they will both be the Greatest Athletes Ever in South Florida Sports History.......definitely. Marino didn't bring the city a Championship, but he also never had the pieces around him. Still, Dwyane Wade is 24-years old and STILL improving his game, so let's give it some time. Right now, you can't say he's not a top 3 player in the NBA right up there with LeBron James & Kobe Bryant.

finfan32 said:
No offense, but you don't know anything about basketball dude.

Dwyane Wade - 35/8/4
Shaquille O'Neal - 14/10/3

Everybody knows who the MVP is, and who is the man of this team.

phinfan13/34 said:
You do realize Wade is the BEST player on the Heats team right? Yes Shaq gets double teamed and some of the others are pretty good, but D-Wade averaged almost 40 points a game in the finals and thats with double teams and sometimes tripple teamed. The rest of the Heat team just had to support him with some points.

Yeah I realize that he is the go to guy on the Heats team, and he is a great player. I'm just saying that the Heat did this year what the Lakers did for a couple of years. They took 2 dominate players and put 2nd level stars around them and won championships. He didn't take an average group of players and lead them to the championship. He took players that were stars on other teams and took them to the championship. Nothing wrong with that, but not as big of an accomplishment as other teams have done. Miami didn't create their 2nd level players to become good like San Antonio, Detroit, Dallas, Pheonix and so on. I mean Haslem is one that they did bring along but, the other players were stars on other teams brought here to win a championship with Shaq and D Wade.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Wade brought Miami an NBA Championship in only his 3rd season. He could add even more before he's finished. Unfortunately, the only thing Marino ever brought the city of Miami was pipe dreams....

Sad to say, but it's true. When all is said and done, Wade and his accomplishments will trump that of Marino's in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Initially, this is not a fair analysis since they play different professional sports. Wade deserves his recognition but Marino as well. Marino still IMO has that star appeal...

Wade already has more respect from me than Dan....

Wade has a championship Dan doesnt....and Dan isnt a very nice person....I know a lot of people who met him and he was a complete A-Hole to them

Shamboubou said:
Yeah I realize that he is the go to guy on the Heats team, and he is a great player. I'm just saying that the Heat did this year what the Lakers did for a couple of years. They took 2 dominate players and put 2nd level stars around them and won championships. He didn't take an average group of players and lead them to the championship. He took players that were stars on other teams and took them to the championship. Nothing wrong with that, but not as big of an accomplishment as other teams have done. Miami didn't create their 2nd level players to become good like San Antonio, Detroit, Dallas, Pheonix and so on. I mean Haslem is one that they did bring along but, the other players were stars on other teams brought here to win a championship with Shaq and D Wade.

Please never call Shaq a star again after this series

He wasnt even the second leading scorer on the team in the finals, and he only had 9 points in game 6 and 5 in game 2

SkapePhin said:
If Wade becomes a legit heir to the "MJ" throne, it will not be a ridiculous thread..

When i first read the thread title, i thought the only way it is possible is if he equals or surpasses MJ.

PhinsRock said:
Depends on how many titles he brings us.

In Saban We Trust!

Well, he's already brought 1 more than Dan..:goof:

Alex44 said:
Please never call Shaq a star again after this series

He wasnt even the second leading scorer on the team in the finals, and he only had 9 points in game 6 and 5 in game 2

Yeah because he was being double teamed about evertime that he got the ball. How quick you forget the series before this last one also huh? Shaq being double and triple teamed opened it up for other players. Without Shaq, D-Wade would see a lot more pressure.

Back
Top Bottom