Will Poole | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Poole

Back to the original post, being a USC fan(second favorite) Poole only played at USC one year, his senior year. USC's top 3 CBs in 02 were Marcell Allmond, Darrell Rideaux, & Kevin Arbet. Poole actually got lucky this year because he was slated to be the nickel back when Arbet had foot surgery to end his season after USC's 2nd game.
Poole was always good, he earned All-Big East 2nd team honors as a red shirt freshman. He was suspended his sophomore year & he was a J.C. All-American his junior year.

infiltrateib said:
1) He wasn't 3rd string for any reason other than NFL kicker/holder regulations. Who's uninformed?
2) You mistakenly refer to it as a "second" without context. A 2nd in 2009 is worth zilch right now. To follow draft value charts, it was equivalent to a third round pick right now.
3) Ok, so let me get this straight. We're wrong for giving up a third round pick for a 2nd string QB, but "we're still waiting it out" on the McGahee pick?

This isn't that convincing of an argument, because it relies on an anomaly. I understand your point, but you're mistaking the point of what was said. It's not that Losman can't be good, nor is it that he is good; they are alleging he would have been around in the 3rd round and thus giving up that amount of picks was unnecessary.

Wow, this coming from the guy who has already made SEVERAL anti-Feeley posts before he's taken a snap for the Fins. Was it not you who said "Feeley will go down in history as the best QB holding the balls for the kicker"? Or is it that you can judge picks and trades, but no one else can?

BRILLIANT!!!!

Wow, a little homerism? Our FO got Boston for pennies, and oh, well there's Ricky, Chambers, McMichael, Surtain, Madison, Zack, JT, OGun, Konrad, Bowens.

Sometimes I wonder if you think before you hit enter.
typo errors. Am at work.

2nd string my butt. Actions speak louder than words.he came in after Detmer went down. Proof right there. Of course you'd rather believe that because he is now a fin plus the price that Splieman paid for him "he better be a 2nd string"

Thing is, you criticize our pick who hasn't even played a down. Boston? What has he done in the last 2 years? Seems to me only the fins were interested for peanuts and no other team were willing to trade their stool sample. Of course only a finfan like yourself will think it's a great trade even w/o a down being played. I would have to agree, "IF" he pans out, you got him cheap. Until then he's no better than a no. 2 until he proves otherwise.

As for RW and Chambers, etc. don't make it look like it was Spielman who traded/draft for them. If that's the case Eddie "one hit wonder" Moore was a great pick , huh? Overpaid Seau. Fletcher?

If Spielman was so great then tell me instead of being able to get Wade and Wood, you instead are relying on a rookie and a bench warmer to save your OL . Don't tell me either that St. Clair was only a bench warmer because he was holding the ball for the kicker.

Criticizing Donahoe and talk like Spielman is the GM of the year, ha! You obviously showed off your teal glasses the minute you did that.

Oh and if your opinions on Losman are based on what draft experts say, why aren't these guys GM's? How many players were not taken in the rd. that those so-called draft experts "GUESSES", take Poole for example. These guys are not on a teams meetings are they?

Justasportsfan said:
2nd string my butt. Actions speak louder than words.he came in after Detmer went down. Proof right there. Of course you'd rather believe that because he is now a fin plus the price that Splieman paid for him "he better be a 2nd string"
Ok. You know more than everyone in the world. All the info out there is wrong, and you're right. Please.
Justasportsfan said:
Thing is, you criticize our pick who hasn't even played a down. Boston? What has he done in the last 2 years? Seems to me only the fins were interested for peanuts and no other team were willing to trade their stool sample. Of course only a finfan like yourself will think it's a great trade even w/o a down being played. I would have to agree, "IF" he pans out, you got him cheap. Until then he's no better than a no. 2 until he proves otherwise.
Look at my name. Have I criticized the Losman pick, aside from pointing out that you paid a rather high price for the pick itself (most of the NFL world agrees)? Argue with the person arguing with you. My point about Boston is that you weren't willing to acknowledge that we got him cheap. Cheap is 6th round. Losman was not cheap.
Justasportsfan said:
As for RW and Chambers, etc. don't make it look like it was Spielman who traded/draft for them. If that's the case Eddie "one hit wonder" Moore was a great pick , huh? Overpaid Seau. Fletcher?
You make this too easy. You think every draft pick is an automatic hit? Chris Kelsay is really dominating backfields, isn't he? Angelo Crowell is a monster out there. Mike Williams hasn't exactly lived up to his #4 billing. Josh Reed sure drops a lot of passes. How's Erik Flowers nowadays? Let Moore play a down and don't throw stones in glass houses.

You think it WASN'T Spielman who got Ricky?

Justasportsfan said:
Criticizing Donahoe and talk like Spielman is the GM of the year, ha! You obviously showed off your teal glasses the minute you did that.
Point to where I did that. Please. Or admit you're talking out of your a** right now.

zevo said:
Look kids, this is why you dont do drugs. I can tell you are definitely a product of the florida public school systems. If you want to be taken seriously at least spell correctly or go grab someone that has a worthwhile education to proofread your posts before you click submit.

Punctuation should also be considered (dont/don't), as well as the standard grammatical practice of capitalizing the names of states (florida/Florida). Thus endeth the lesson. See kids, it is important that you get good "skoolin"

davster82 said:
Punctuation should also be considered (dont/don't), as well as the standard grammatical practice of capitalizing the names of states (florida/Florida). Thus endeth the lesson. See kids, it is important that you get good "skoolin"
You forgot the period at the end of your sentence. ;)

infiltrateib said:
Ok. You know more than everyone in the world. All the info out there is wrong, and you're right. Please.
Did I say that? You on the other hand base your opinions on what so-called draft experts have to say about Losman when in fact most of these guys never held a GM job in their life. Are you a Mel Kiper fan?
infiltrateib said:
My point about Boston is that you weren't willing to acknowledge that we got him cheap. Cheap is 6th round. Losman was not cheap.
HOw is it that we paid too much for Losman when he hasn't played a game. Neither you nor I know if he is going to turn out to be a Kelly or a Ryan leaf. Only time will tell if that pick turned out. That in itself is a criticism when you say we paid too much. You following me so far?

Why is it you haven't said anything about Jaworski saying Losman is the best qb in the draft in his opinion. I forget, you're a finfan and would rather agree with other experts that say he's a 3rd pick.

Boston , you think you got him cheap based on the salary (and I agreed , see my peanuts comment) but you obviously don't see the big picture. The trade could also turn out to be expensive in terms of where the fins will end up this year because if the fins are pinning the hopes of the passing game on the acquisition of Boston and he doesn't pan out, I doubt the fins will make the playoffs. You could've gone w/ another wr. I will reserve judgment at the end of the season.

Thing is you listen to draft experts and say Losman is expensive and you turn your back on the fact that other than Miami ,no other teams (GM"S not draft experts) thought that Boston is worth a 3rd pick to trade for and say he was cheap.
infiltrateib said:
You make this too easy. You think every draft pick is an automatic hit?
You don't comprehend well do you? That fact that I keep stating that we'll have to wait and see means I don't know if a draft picks will pan out. That's means I NEVER said every pick will pan out. Helloooo! You on the other hand stating we paid too much has an exclamation point written all over that opinion.

infiltrateib said:
How's Erik Flowers nowadays?
Donahoe whom you criticize for saying we paid too much wasn't the one who drafted him.

infiltrateib said:
Let Moore play a down and don't throw stones in glass houses.
Let Losman play before you say he's expensive. If Losman turns out to be the next Kelly will you say we paid to much?

infiltrateib said:
Wanny was the GM. Wanny get's the credit.

This will be my last response to this, because it's useless. My last post demanded that you point out the things I supposedly said. Instead of doing that, you selectively quoted around it to avoid admitting that you were putting words in my mouth and then arguing against them. So, I'll try one last time, but this is the last one.

Justasportsfan said:
Did I say that? You on the other hand base your opinions on what so-called draft experts have to say about Losman when in fact most of these guys never held a GM job in their life. Are you a Mel Kiper fan?
My opinion? My opinion was the draft value board. It has nothing to do with Losman. I just think you could have had him cheaper or waited it out. That's the point. I don't need to watch him play a game. Follow my logic here: a certain watch has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $500. You go out to a watch store and buy it for $500. You got what you paid for, but what if 10 other stores around town are selling it for $400?

Justasportsfan said:
HOw is it that we paid too much for Losman when he hasn't played a game. Neither you nor I know if he is going to turn out to be a Kelly or a Ryan leaf. Only time will tell if that pick turned out. That in itself is a criticism when you say we paid too much. You following me so far?
First, don't talk down to me. Second, you're looking at the semantics of "overpaid" in a different light. My version of overpaid is that a lot of NFL analysts seem to think you could have gotten him cheaper. Your version of overpaid is "well if he's Brett Favre he's worth ~4 first round picks and that wouldn't be overpaying."

The point here is assumption of risk. The reason things cost what they do is because no one knows how much they're really going to be worth. You put a lot on the line for Losman when a lot of people seemed to think he would either 1) be available in the second round or 2) be available via a team that would charge less for the pick. You assumed the risk.

Justasportsfan said:
Why is it you haven't said anything about Jaworski saying Losman is the best qb in the draft in his opinion. I forget, you're a finfan and would rather agree with other experts that say he's a 3rd pick.
Uhh. The flaw in your argument here is that it's ad circum. I can turn around and say "well why haven't you said anything about :some analyst: saying Losman cost too much and wasn't the best pick. You can't simultaneously chastise everyone on this board for referring to popular analyst opinion and then turn around and use it as a crux of your argument.

Justasportsfan said:
Boston , you think you got him cheap based on the salary (and I agreed , see my peanuts comment) but you obviously don't see the big picture. The trade could also turn out to be expensive in terms of where the fins will end up this year because if the fins are pinning the hopes of the passing game on the acquisition of Boston and he doesn't pan out, I doubt the fins will make the playoffs. You could've gone w/ another wr. I will reserve judgment at the end of the season.

To be honest man, I've been in school studying logic/philosophy/argument for a long time and I don't really believe/follow that. I guess you're saying we abandon other positions because we put to much faith in Boston? I don't see where that's true. We needed help on the OL, and we got it. We needed help at QB, and we got a new one. We also got a lot of help on D (Howard, Poole, etc.).

The second part of that became more nonsensical because I think you were trying to say that our subjective high evaluation of Boston puts pressure on us to win? There's pressure on everyone to win. And then your last point ruins your initial glimmer of hope even more; we could have gone with another WR, but that WR would have been more expensive and wouldn't be 25 years old with a 1,600 yard season under his belt.

Justasportsfan said:
Thing is you listen to draft experts and say Losman is expensive and you turn your back on the fact that other than Miami ,no other teams (GM"S not draft experts) thought that Boston is worth a 3rd pick to trade for and say he was cheap.

Ok man I'm going to be honest with you: your arguments are steadily going downhill. Here, if I follow this correctly, you're saying "No other teams thought boston was worth a 3rd round pick and you paid a 6th so you overpaid"? If that's not what you're saying, then I'm not really sure what it means.

Justasportsfan said:
You don't comprehend well do you? That fact that I keep stating that we'll have to wait and see means I don't know if a draft picks will pan out. That's means I NEVER said every pick will pan out. Helloooo! You on the other hand stating we paid too much has an exclamation point written all over that opinion.

See my above points on value. And as for me comprehending well, I think a cursory inspection of our exchange shows that I've understood you pretty well... well enough to KO pretty much every "point" you've "made."

I'm done with this argument, man. It's tiring to endlessly debate with you when your arguments chase their own tails and you insist that everyone else just isn't bright enough to see your viewpoint. Perhaps it's you?

Back
Top Bottom