Will Poole | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Poole

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If im not mistaken.......seems to me he got alot better his junior and senior seasons at usc. Could this be because he was defending the newcomer willams during practice?? I think he might be a kinda player that steps up to the challenges well.

just a thought i wanted to share.

Yeah, I'm really excited about Poole. I still can't believe we got him in round 4.

He got better in his jr and sr years because that's all he played at USC. He played a BC in his freshmen year and did well on the field, but had off field problems.. He went to Ventura Jr. college the next year and was all conference..they txrd to USC where under Pete Carroll's influence and defense he excelled. He plays the press coverage well, which means he fits into our system. I think he slipped in the draft because of his combine workouts when he was sick. He did better in his individual workout, but still did not burn the track up, although he reportedly did the 40 in 4.52 and 4.55. His speed is the concern. Pete Carroll said that he had no off-field problems at USC, like he did at BC. He must have grown up a little, I guess.

like zack thomas .. poole has 4.3 reactions .. thats what matters most on the field .. although he is 5'10" he hits like a ton and tackles well ... and has great anticipation .. miami secondary will be very hard to pass on if poole shows he can handle the dime package well .. he can completely take out the 3rd or 4th receiver on the opposing offense .. he was a fantactic pick up in round 4 ... this secondary can be as good as the 49er's in the 80's ... IF all comes together for them ... can't wait to see poole in action ... pete carroll knows defense and for him to step up for poole is good enough for me ....

I cant wait to see the new secondary. hell, I like watching us on D, better than when we have the ball.

I still cant believe we snagged this guy as late as we did....We're absolutely STACKED in the secondary now (I wanna see Brady/Pennington/Bledsoe just TRY and pass on us now, lol)

There was this amazingly funny joke going around on draft day.
I asked on the Bills boards why Poole was still on the board during the 3rd round, someone told me that Poole was still finishing up his forty time. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

If poole doesnt brush up on his mechanics he is going to constantly get burned in the NFL! You cant teach speed and he aint got it so his mechanics are all he has. 4th round was good value for him but I suspect he will nothing better than a 3rd stringer.

Dont hate because your FO likes skill players with Bad knees and wanted to draft Rob Johnson part 2. :shakeno:

If the reports are true, then his speed isn't bad. If the reports are true, he is a 4.5 40 runner. Just had sickness and injuries during workouts.

he may run a 4.5 .. but what matters most is his 4.3 reaction to plays.. and his great anticipation of the ball .. lets just wait and see .. he dropped mostly due to the bad workouts late .. but prior to those workouts.. he was late 1st early 2nd round material .. my guess is.. he runs better than a 4.5 .. we'll see when the reports start coming in bout his 40 time in july ...

MelbournePhin said:
he might be another Antoine Winfield

what all tackle and no coverage ability?

Back
Top Bottom