Will Poole | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Poole

He has now gone away to his hole.

Winfield is an excellent corner, both in coverage and tackling. Might I add that most corners don't have good hands, that's why they're corners.

I played corner all the way up until my soph. year in college and our coach would say corners are just short WR's with no hands. (FWIW, I could catch a cold at least):cooldude:

Will Poole ran a 4.5 40 at his second workout. During his first one at the combine, he had lost 10 pounds due to an illness and still hadn't fully recovered, but elected to run anyway out of pride. His agent advised against it, but he did regardless and it was a blessing that he did. Otherwise there's no way he slips to the 4th Round.

In addition, others have already alluded to his reaction speed that more than makes up for him not having sub 4.4 speed.

4.5 speed, combined with his instincts and tackling ability have the makings of an excellent CB.

As with all draft picks... we'll see, but I think we may have done very well with this selection.

didn't Poole have the flu or some illness during workouts? Anyway, he was rated an early 2nd rounder by most(late 1st by some) and to get him in the 4th is great value. I expect big things from him. :rocker:

who is this alphonzo roundtree? u azz. poole was DOWN in workouts cuz he was sick as a dog. this kid was a steal and will give madison and howard a run for their money at #2 corner.

Nope still here! and I stick by that statement 100%. Everything I said sticks by that statement. I gave Winfield his props for being probably the best tackling cb I have ever seen. His coverage ability is where he has some major flaws. Winfield isnt a middle of the road cb. But he aint no pro bowler either.

infiltrateib said:
Zevo on Winfield, May 2nd 2004, Post Free Agent Departure

Zevo on Winfield, Sep 17th 2003, Pre Free Agent Departure

Ouch, that had to sting eh Zevo? :lol: Remember, what you say is always archived here and can be dug up with a little effort. As far as what I said about taking Poole over Vincent, I stand by it. Vincent is talented but is long in the tooth, and for the amount of money and playing time you are investing in vincent as opopsed to us with Poole, I take Poole. If Vincent screws up he oculd cost you mulitple games. Poole screws up and he likely never sees the field for us again and we still have a great secondary.

Now, if I had to choose one or the other for a starter right now, I probably go with Vincent, however, I don't have to so I won't. :evil:

Anyhow, when you are done licking your wounds and decide to come out and play again, we will be waiting. :roflmao:

zevo said:
what all tackle and no coverage ability?

Weren't you the dude last year who said Winfield would prove to be in Surtain's class this year(2003)? Funny how things change when he leaves your *** in 2004. :roflmao:

Dang, got it in right under me, well at least he came back, which is better than most trolls who come on here, get owned, only to never be heard form again. Zebvo is a glutton for punishment huh? But I guess we knew that as he is a Bills fna afterall. :lol: :goof:

zevo said:
Nope still here! and I stick by that statement 100%. Everything I said sticks by that statement. I gave Winfield his props for being probably the best tackling cb I have ever seen. His coverage ability is where he has some major flaws. Winfield isnt a middle of the road cb. But he aint no pro bowler either.

Yeah, everything seems consistent... Winfield is just a member of the best secondary in the AFC East but "ain't a pro-bowler," has "no coverage ability" but isn't middle of the road, "sucks in coverage" but "lived up to his first-rounder standard."

-Zevo W. Bush

infiltrateib said:
Yeah, everything seems consistent... Winfield is just a member of the best secondary in the AFC East but "ain't a pro-bowler," has "no coverage ability" but isn't middle of the road, "sucks in coverage" but "lived up to his first-rounder standard."

-Zevo W. Bush

:roflmao: Zevo will tell us where those dang WMD are, or at least lie to us about it. ;)

whats with this whole "owned" thing? Is this "hip" in south florida. Is this a variation of "you got served". So I guess because I have been "owned" I should be ashamed. I got Big Man "Terry TAte" tellin me I got "owned".

I know the Florida school system is disgraceful but lets see if ya'll can pick up what I be layin down:

Antoine Winfield: Great Tackler , poor in coverage. Very simple folks, you know and I know it.
When Antoine was a Bill I could overlook the fact that he got burned many times, because you can become blinded by his open field tackling and constant hype from the ESPN Sunday Night Crew. Would I have been happy if we had re-signed him? Ya damn right. For 10 mill in bonus money, hell no. And TD would have been ripped if he did that. TD knew Winfield's short comings and replaced him with a playmaker.

Now follow this one: ANtoine Winfield does not = playmaker
Troy Vincent does and thats why Troy is in the Probowl

Thank You! Good Night and God Bless!

zevo said:
whats with this whole "owned" thing? Is this "hip" in south florida. Is this a variation of "you got served". So I guess because I have been "owned" I should be ashamed. I got Big Man "Terry TAte" tellin me I got "owned".

I know the Florida school system is disgraceful but lets see if ya'll can pick up what I be layin down:

Antoine Winfield: Great Tackler , poor in coverage. Very simple folks, you know and I know it.
When Antoine was a Bill I could overlook the fact that he got burned many times, because you can become blinded by his open field tackling and constant hype from the ESPN Sunday Night Crew. Would I have been happy if we had re-signed him? Ya damn right. For 10 mill in bonus money, hell no. And TD would have been ripped if he did that. TD knew Winfield's short comings and replaced him with a playmaker.

Now follow this one: ANtoine Winfield does not = playmaker
Troy Vincent does and thats why Troy is in the Probowl

Thank You! Good Night and God Bless!

Seeing how I don't go to the Miami school system, I guess I can let that slide. :lol: I don't know Zevo, your words seem pretty damning. especially the part about the Bills having the best secondary in the east. To me, that tells me you would rnak them HIGHER than pro bowlers Madison, Surtain, Knight and at the time, Marion. If that is the case, you are essentially saying for an average, Bills individual players are better than Miami's. Seeing how Miami's are perrenial all-stars, that would mean Buffalo's, would have to be better. It seems now you are downplaying Winfield's role as perhaps a solid role player at best. That either means that Milloy, Clements and whoever else is back there were the most feared secondary ever, or you got caught and are tring like heck to backpedal out.

Eaither way is fine by me. I for one, like you. You stick around and keep us entertained. Between you, and the other three or four wo make it over consistantly form Bills land, I get all kinds of entertainment! :lol: :jk:

Zevo=
clear.gif

Samphin said:
Seeing how I don't go to the Miami school system, I guess I can let that slide. :lol: I don't know Zevo, your words seem pretty damning. especially the part about the Bills having the best secondary in the east. To me, that tells me you would rnak them HIGHER than pro bowlers Madison, Surtain, Knight and at the time, Marion. If that is the case, you are essentially saying for an average, Bills individual players are better than Miami's. Seeing how Miami's are perrenial all-stars, that would mean Buffalo's, would have to be better. It seems now you are downplaying Winfield's role as perhaps a solid role player at best. That either means that Milloy, Clements and whoever else is back there were the most feared secondary ever, or you got caught and are tring like heck to backpedal out.

Eaither way is fine by me. I for one, like you. You stick around and keep us entertained. Between you, and the other three or four wo make it over consistantly form Bills land, I get all kinds of entertainment! :lol: :jk:

Hey I just come here for entertainment. Its always good to mix it up during the offseason to keep the rivalry juices flowin. When I wrote that message it was in the heat of discussion and of course I will defend my team and players. Winfield, Clements and Milloy are a damn good secondary. Best in the Afc East probably not. But now with Troy I think we r just as talented at the cb position. Me saying that that secondary was best in the afc east is the same as you saying you would take Poole over Vincent. We both know thats ridiculous. But your not gunna admit that because of the rivalry. But it doesnt matter anyway, I'm just here to stir the pot. Did I mention JP LOSMAN will be the next BRETT FAVRE!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom