Will The Dolphins be Buyers at the Trade Deadline? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The Dolphins be Buyers at the Trade Deadline?

I’m not in favor of trading more high draft picks. This team is really good, and we’re going to need to find ways to replace good players and keep costs down in the future. High draft picks are the way to do that.

But we should absolutely be buyers. We need DL depth and maybe a starting ILB.

I am not saying we will make a move or won't and that Sanders move, while curious, really does nothing to the bank account. I am saying Grier has to keep his ears open and better the team if someone becomes available. This does not mean it has to be a trade of our first rounder or a 20 mil guy, just help. This is what a GM does during this time of the year. If Phil runs and throws on us and puts up 40+ you can bet your arse our outgoing phones will be red hot.

What? Can you marshall your brain enough to actually respond to what I asked you? Quit with the weird sentence fragments and puns.

I just can't help myself.

You could help by being more "explicit" in your posts. If what you write invites an extreme or even absurd interpretation, it draws me like a magnet. - LOL

I am not saying we will make a move or won't and that Sanders move, while curious, really does nothing to the bank account. I am saying Grier has to keep his ears open and better the team if someone becomes available. This does not mean it has to be a trade of our first rounder or a 20 mil guy, just help. This is what a GM does during this time of the year. If Phil runs and throws on us and puts up 40+ you can bet your arse our outgoing phones will be red hot.

I am trying to remember, do teams make trades player for player this time of year? I am guessing it's probably unusual. I am not sure who to say, but sometimes a player is a decent, but not a system fit. Perhaps we can trade LB for LB and get an upgrade.

When the Dolphins restructured Jason Sanders’ contract, it made me tilt my head and think a little, and ask just one question:

“Why?”

There was legitimately no reason to restructure his contract aside from one reason: They want more cap space in-season.

So…why do they want more cap space in-season? Is it just to have more cushion in the event more injuries hit?

Maybe…but Miami’s getting healthier by the day.

I’m of the opinion they’re looking to sign or trade for a player. And it’s likely on defense. If I had to bet, it would be for an ILB.

Omar (I know) has suggested a trade for Lavonte David…which as much as I can’t stand Omar…makes a ton of sense.

Do you think Miami will be buyers at the deadline?
Grier is a Trade demon, so yes Fins will be buyers. Lavonte would be awesome! They could use a veteran backup DL to add to the rotation as well.

Considering Grier's history with trades, I feel you are "preaching to the choir".

That's also my interpretation of the situation.

Definitely seems like some rumblings going on. I hope they are well connected and we see a legitimate upgrade coming in. I am a believer and am keeping the faith. This is our year!

McD saw that video of Gronk saying he’d play for Dolphins, and he got the evil genius look, thinking, We can restructure Sanders, hell, We get this guy, and we won’t even need a kicker. Ha!
(yes I’m kidding)

Thinking at around 3 1/2 mil we have left is for emergency purposes for the injury bug, and to roll over next year.
Although I wouldn’t mind seeing a piece added to help the Defense out some.

When the Dolphins restructured Jason Sanders’ contract, it made me tilt my head and think a little, and ask just one question:

“Why?”

There was legitimately no reason to restructure his contract aside from one reason: They want more cap space in-season.
The had like 2mil in space, and the restructure gave us 3mil now. This was done for low budget in season signings in the event we need to sign someone off the street due to injuries. We have an issue at center and CB right now.

It's pretty common for most GM's to keep 5mil in cap space for in season signings.

If we are talking in general, and forget future ramifications, then look....

It's been forever and a day since we've been 5-1 and even longer since we've had an offense this special.

If you can bring in a guy that can get you that ring the YOU DO IT.

Stop thinking about tomorrow and all that because the future is uncertain. Here and now we are moving and grooving you need to do it now....live in the present.

Ask Dan Marino if he didn't wish he'd have lived for today more during his SB chance (meaning thinking he'd be back all the time doomed him)

My feeling is Grier is all in this year. The question becomes what are our needs and what players are available that Grier thinks can help us.

If it were me (And as a Dolphins fan you should thank God it isn’t), I would target a high end DT to take some reps away from Wilkins and Sieler. The only other possibility that I’d consider is a pass rushing DE like Chase Young.

I see Grier making a move….But for who….I don’t know

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, if so please disregard. But there are Gronk rumors out there.

Not sure there's enough footballs to go around, but Gronk could play a role.

Back
Top Bottom