Willis Mcgahee traded to Baltimore!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis Mcgahee traded to Baltimore!!

Thomas Jones is not a lesser back look at the Stats. And with the way the Front office can draft I do not mind this trade. I mean we did get three starters second day, not to mention Youboty in the 3rd and Ko Simpson in the 4th. I am glad he is gone.

I would not mind at all seeing Lynch, Booker, Bush in a Bills Uni. I do know whoever will be the RB will be able to catch and block. Something Willis has SHOWN he cannot do.

stats don't tell the whole story man you should know that

stats don't tell the whole story man you should know that

Yes they do not but here is the reality.

Had better stats.

NEVER Called out his Oline, saying they are why type of stuff.

NEVER publically come out and said I am the best RB in the NFL

NEVER said well the Bears should move to toronto

NEVER Publically said I better get an extension or I will hold out.

So hence again I say gettin 3 picks for an AVG RB that runs his mouth more than produces on the field I say still good trade.

Also on a side note, The offensive coaches have had to call him out every year, and then on top of that mention he did not know the new playbook or did not study.

I do not want someone that thinks he is better than the team on the team.

POSTED 2:14 p.m. EST, March 8, 2007
McGAHEE TRADE HINGES ON NEW DEAL
We were caught up in some day-job stuff earlier today, and we're catching up on the flow of the NFL info.
Here's what we know about the McGahee deal, plenty of which is already reported elsewhere. The Ravens sent a third-round pick and a seventh-round pick in 2007 and a third round pick in 2008. The deal hinges on the Ravens working out a long-term extension with McGahee, and the deadline is March 13.
Stay tuned.

Posted 2:49 p.m. EST, March 8, 2007
EARLY NUMBERS ON McGAHEE DEAL
Though the deal is not yet final, we're told that the contract will most likely include a three-tiered signing bonus worth $15 million.
Under those terms, we would get $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million.
Stay tuned.

he got 990 yards give me a break so he came up 10 yards short, it's still a 1,000 yard season in my book. Thomas Jones got more value then McGahee got you period. look at a value chart, a early 2nd is more then 2 late 3rds and a 7th. horrible trade

I did. The Bears moved from 63 to 37, worth 254. The Bills get the Ravens 3rd, worth 128. If they finish with the 29th pick again, the 2 picks equal 256, which is more value then the Bears got.

I did. The Bears moved from 63 to 37, worth 254. The Bills get the Ravens 3rd, worth 128. If they finish with the 29th pick again, the 2 picks equal 256, which is more value then the Bears got.

fine bad example, didn't know they gave away the #63. just because the Bears didn't get good value doesn't justify you guys getting bad value. Welker got up a 2nd and a 7th and he's a WR. WR are way below RBs in terms of value

fine bad example, didn't know they gave away the #63. just because the Bears didn't get good value doesn't justify you guys getting bad value. Welker got up a 2nd and a 7th and he's a WR. WR are way below RBs in terms of value

Welker was a Restricted free agent. Welker was tendered a 2nd round pick. Thats not even a trade, the Pats just signed him. You have to give up more for RTA's.

Willis Mcgahee just wasnt that good, on film or his stats. We got a only 1 third rounder for Henry, and the guy had much better years then Willis. Corey Dillon had much better years, only one third.

McGahee has a huge name, which is bigger then his game. He is not a top 5 RB, he is a dime a dozen RB.

I am amazed this deal happened. It would appear that the Ravens upgraded over Jamal Lewis and didn't give up nearly what the Pats gave up for Welker.

Crazy!

Welker was a Restricted free agent. Welker was tendered a 2nd round pick. Thats not even a trade, the Pats just signed him. You have to give up more for RTA's.

Willis Mcgahee just wasnt that good, on film or his stats. We got a only 1 third rounder for Henry, and the guy had much better years then Willis. Corey Dillon had much better years, only one third.

McGahee has a huge name, which is bigger then his game. He is not a top 5 RB, he is a dime a dozen RB.

:tantrum: pay attention, it was a trade not a FA signing. the Pats were going to sign him to an offer sheet but didn't. instead we signed him traded him for a 2nd and a 7th rounder

:tantrum: pay attention, it was a trade not a FA signing. the Pats were going to sign him to an offer sheet but didn't. instead we signed him traded him for a 2nd and a 7th rounder

Whatever, the Patriots had to give up a 2nd round no matter what because thats what Welker was tendered.

He did not have 1000 yards this year.

Called out his Offense last week.

Said he would hold out if he does not get an extension.

Cannot Block

Bad hands

WR are by far more valued in the NFL than a RB sorry to say it. Thomas Jones has put up better numbers and Bears got less in the trade than the Bills did for McGahee

Good trade.

That's weird, according to your fellow bills homers, you're wrong...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=161389&highlight=best+rb+in+afc+ronnie+willis

Don't know what Ozzie Newsome was thinking

The Ravens trade two third-round picks, and a seventh, then turn around and give McGahee a 40 mil. contract? It doesn't make any sense. No team has drafted better then the Baltimore Ravens in the last ten-years. They are the gold standard. So why would you trade that much for a guy with a career 3.9 ypc average, a major knee reconstruction, and questionable team ethic when Newsome could have easily gotten himself a running back just as good in the draft for a fraction of the price? The Ravens let a better running back go last year--Chester Taylor--hell, they kept Jamal Lewis when they should have kept Chester Taylor. The Ravens have a major cap situation brewing after next season, they just made it worse by trading for McGahee. I hate to say it, but the Bills duped the Ravens. The Bills probably will draft a running back and get excellent production from him.

what does that have to do with anything? your trying to say this was a good trade when Levy has made some very questionable moves in the past. Thomas Jones is a lesser back then Willis McGahee and he got better value in a trade. thats how horrible this trade is
Look at Levy's draft last year compared to your GM's. Look at Thomas Jones' stats compared to McGahee's last year. How is moving up 20 spots in the second round more valuable than two first-day picks and a seventh rounder.

Didn't you learn your lesson from last offseason? Buffalo is a superior team to Miami in almost every fashion. Give it up.

Back
Top Bottom