Winless since trading Ajayi | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winless since trading Ajayi

I'm sure Collingsworth last night took a little poetic license in recounting to Michaels how Roseman asked Peterson if he wanted Jay - and that they (as well as CC) couldn't believe that he was stolen for a measly 4th rounder.

I don't care that Gase wanted Ajayi gone.. that's his prerogative. However, if half of what Collingsworth asserts is accurate, the FO's version of "Dumber & Dumbest" offering him around for a 4th on a fire sale to me is just unforgiveable and aside from everything else, grounds for dismissal.

It makes sense that if you are fed up with Ajayi, you sit him and then offer him up for better consideration to teams whose RBs go down as they always do. In this case it's just idiotic to give him away for next to nothing just for the sake of offloading him.

I'm about done with everyone.. even Gase at this point. And speaking of Gase, has anyone else made the possible connection that since he hired his father in law, whose last few years at NO wallowed in Loserville, no doubt having Vitt in his ear, Gase's decision making has headed south? Just another example, ala Philbin with Sherman and Taylor of nepotism metastasizing into more cancer?

If you look at Ajayi with the Eagles so far its the same crap...he busted a long run in 2 games and the rest was just ok nothing spectacular.

True but he did only have 7 carries. He isn't the feature back there but he doesn't need to be.

He wouldn't make a difference since the line sucks, but it sure has been fun watching him burst through a competent offensive line in limited opportunities. I hope Philly wins the SB.

True but he did only have 7 carries. He isn't the feature back there but he doesn't need to be.

Yah I tend to think he will be next year. His biggest gripe in Miami was not getting enough carries, now he's getting even less. While I think it was terrible value for the trade, I don't think it has hurt Miami's offense at all. I think if you put Drake behind the Eagles line he would be doing just as good or better (he prob would have scored on the long run). Their line is insane and leaves gaping holes.

How about Dion Jordan? Jared Odrick? Ja'Wuan James?

When's the last time this team landed an all-pro in the draft?

Jake Long...2010

We didn't draft him but Wake was also an all pro selection...2012

He wouldn't make a difference since the line sucks, but it sure has been fun watching him burst through a competent offensive line in limited opportunities. I hope Philly wins the SB.

What's more impressive is when Drake and Williams both ran for long gains behind our line compared to theirs. That's what is fun to watch.

Well I may be in the minority, but I agree with SkapeFin. Ajayi offered the ability to run when the defense stacked the box, and he opened up passing lanes. Late in games he ground down defenses and allowed us to make that pivotal play to turn the tide. He allowed the defense to stay fresh and he shortened the game.

Without him, we simply need to outplay our opponents, and typically we can not. Injuries etc and we are fielding a sub-par team with yet another krap-tastic OL who can't pass protect and can't open run lanes. Blech.

Ajayi got stronger as the game went on and wore down defenses. That is...when we stuck with him. Unfortunately, when we're throwing INTs and giving away points to the other team, there's not much a guy like Ajayi can do for you.

Which means what exactly?

Could mean that Gase doesn’t mean what he says and players are seeing through that. It could mean that Gase is not demonstrating accountability and it’s translating to his players. It could mean that Gase is losing respect from other players who disagree with what the 3 kneelers are doing. All that can translate to an undiscipline team which clearly has been digressing in this four game losing streak.

Ajayi never really has helped us win very many games. Last year it was mostly Tannehill at the end of games passing in close games that helped us win. Drake had a bid TD on a kick off and Ajayi had a big run I think against Buffalo deep on our end that helped us put a game away....but Tannehill is missed A LOT more than people think and he played very well late to pull out a lot of games last year.

Ajayi never really has helped us win very many games. Last year it was mostly Tannehill at the end of games passing in close games that helped us win. Drake had a bid TD on a kick off and Ajayi had a big run I think against Buffalo deep on our end that helped us put a game away....but Tannehill is missed A LOT more than people think and he played very well late to pull out a lot of games last year.

I think it's the biggest problem. There are more problems and I may be alone but I think inaccurate throws are a bigger problem than the O-line.

Could mean that Gase doesn’t mean what he says and players are seeing through that. It could mean that Gase is not demonstrating accountability and it’s translating to his players. It could mean that Gase is losing respect from other players who disagree with what the 3 kneelers are doing. All that can translate to an undiscipline team which clearly has been digressing in this four game losing streak.

So of all the things to point out related to 3 players kneeling. That's what you decide to focus on as the root of the problem this team has regarding lack of on the field playing discipline this season?

Come on TZjombie speak plainly. it's pretty clear what you mean to say so say it and own it.

Back
Top Bottom