Winless since trading Ajayi | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winless since trading Ajayi

This is probably for me the one thing I struggle with the most. The one thing that gase has done that left me like wtf

I’m not in tbe lockerroom but I feel like gase blamed Ajayi for all the issues on o when it’s been a primary qb problem all along

I have no doubts if tanny doesn’t get hurt Ajayi is still miamis lead back

Ajayi never really has helped us win very many games. Last year it was mostly Tannehill at the end of games passing in close games that helped us win. Drake had a bid TD on a kick off and Ajayi had a big run I think against Buffalo deep on our end that helped us put a game away....but Tannehill is missed A LOT more than people think and he played very well late to pull out a lot of games last year.

This revisionist history is hilarious. So why was Ajayi named the team MVP and not Ryan Tannehill? Lmao

Didn’t win many games? Lol he came as close to single handily winning both buffalo games and the Pittsburgh game in 2016 as you possibly could. Stop this.

Last edited:
Since the beginning of the 2016 season:

EVERY game Ajayi had 18+ carries, the Dolphins won. This has happened 12 times out of 14 Dolphin wins. Other wins were 16 carries vs Rams and 7 carries vs CLE
EVERY game Ajayi had under 16 carries, the Dolphins lost (except for the CLE game). This happened in 7 out of 9 Dolphin losses. Other losses were 16 carries vs PITT (playoffs) and 16 carries vs PATs

16 carries was the inbetween point.

Explain the correlation. Unrelated or ****ing accurate.

PS: I'm not even included no wins since Ajayi traded.

Depends on how you look at it. Since trading Ajayi, Miami has rushed for 86, 100, and 83 yards. A closer look:

86 yards vs. Oakland. Drake had a 42 yard run. Aside from that, Miami had 16 rushes for 44 yards.
100 yards vs. Carolina. Drake had a 66 yard run. Aside from that, Miami had 15 carries for 34 yards.
83 yards vs. Tampa Bay. Williams had a 69 yard run. Aside from that, Miami had 16 carries for 14 yards.

One big run in each game and diddly poo after that.

When Ajayi was on the team, the most yards in a game was 138 vs. Atlanta. He had 130 in that game. Every other game this year Miami only ran for 100 yards or more twice.

In four games versus the Jets, Saints, and Ravens, Miami combined for 186 yards.

The run game has been **** all year with or without Jay Ajayi.

Thos stats tell me one thing and one thing only - the offensive line run blocked well three times in three games.

With Ajayi, we could mentally beat the opposition. He would wear down defenses so by the 4th quarter their will to win was lessened...he was a bell cow running back and moving him for a fourth was a selfish, immature move by Gase. I look at it like Strike 1...

This is probably for me the one thing I struggle with the most. The one thing that gase has done that left me like wtf

I’m not in tbe lockerroom but I feel like gase blamed Ajayi for all the issues on o when it’s been a primary qb problem all along

I have no doubts if tanny doesn’t get hurt Ajayi is still miamis lead back

That's been my view all along, and also the story is that Jay was upset with his carries, when like the rest of the guys he was probably upset with the general offensive ineptitude.

Seriously, plenty of people on this board act like a guy who singlehandedly transformed this offense into a playoff offense and became one of the most dominant RB's in the league last year act like he is suddenly garbage because he hasn't been producing. All most fans see is the actual production, or lack thereof, and fans fail to understand what influences that. Why shouldn't Ajayi be ticked off when he can't do crap in an offense with predictable playcalling where he runs into a brickwall on his carries and led by one of the worst QB's in the league who shouldn't even be playing? I get pretty ticked off myself when things not under control in my workplace prevent me from getting my job done right.

Since the beginning of the 2016 season:

EVERY game Ajayi had 18+ carries, the Dolphins won. This has happened 12 times out of 14 Dolphin wins. Other wins were 16 carries vs Rams and 7 carries vs CLE
EVERY game Ajayi had under 16 carries, the Dolphins lost (except for the CLE game). This happened in 7 out of 9 Dolphin losses. Other losses were 16 carries vs PITT (playoffs) and 16 carries vs PATs

16 carries was the inbetween point.

Explain the correlation. Unrelated or ****ing accurate.

PS: I'm not even included no wins since Ajayi traded.

Never been a fan of acting like RB carries are a cause of winning just because they are frequently correlated. It's common knowledge that when teams are winning they are going to run more. But more important, RB's are going to get more carries when they've been effective. Why give a guy more than 16 carries if he isn't doing anything with them?

When Ajayi was effective, we usually got him the ball a lot, and we frequently one those games because teams that can run the ball effectively and in a game that flows for them to utilize it they will frequently do so. We lost games where he wasn't performing well, but that doesn't mean that continuing to give him the ball was some elixir.

So of all the things to point out related to 3 players kneeling. That's what you decide to focus on as the root of the problem this team has regarding lack of on the field playing discipline this season?

Come on TZjombie speak plainly. it's pretty clear what you mean to say so say it and own it.
I spoke very plainly, not sure what you are implying? Sound very snowflake to me.

Thos stats tell me one thing and one thing only - the offensive line run blocked well three times in three games.

Exactly. The odd thing is that's been Ajayi's forte this year. In his first game with Philly, he had 77 yards and a TD on 8 carries. He had a 46 yard run which means his other 7 carries netted him 31 yards. Last week at Dallas, he had 91 yards on 7 carries. He had a 71 yard run. His other 6 carries netted him 20 yards.

This year he's had a few burst runs and then not a ton else after. Philly doesn't need him to be the feature guy so it works for them.

Still winless...

I don't know if we would have won many more games with Ajayi, but Ajayi gave this team the ability to control the clock and close out games. It was also a threat that balanced the offense more. Trading him midseason still seems like a bad move. I'm sure they could have traded him for the same amount after the season and not torched this season entirely in the process.

Ajayi didn't give us jack this year and only a few games last year.

Back
Top Bottom