Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team

I mean whether people want to admit it or not, if you take a look at the past 20 Super Bowl winners, most had elite players, or units, or QB's. You can say we got smarter unfortunately you also need top talent because most of the time when you face those teams that have elite players they are just as smart and have a lot of talent.
I agree 100%. Even with my optimist glasses on, it’s hard for me to imagine going far unless some of our players become stars (calling DVP and Charles Harris). Your talent plays out over the course of the season. Look at Philly - they were the best team all season and were able to win the SB w their backups QB - that’s how deep they were. Their big time players made big plays in the game - Jeffery ridiculous TD catch, Ertz made some huge plays (4th and 3) etc. But I will say I don’t care if we are interesting or not - we do need some guys to reach another level though.

Stars emerge. It’s always fun to watch that happen. We may be seeing Gase come into his own here as a future coaching star. It is still very early for him and just maybe we are seeing him lay the groundwork for our own future stars to be made here. Pouncey and Suh were put together to play with Tannehill and pressure Tom Brady. That was a plan that didn’t quite work out last season. So you have to get a new plan, new players and a new vision. I am confident we are addressing all that.
I hear you though Suh was a big reason NE was 0 for on 3rd downs in that game.

In the off-season when we were running the wild cat and had just drafted Pat White we were supposed to be the most interesting team. Look how that turned out

Did the patriots have a superstar when they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl? I know Brady was there then, but he was an unknown and their roster wasn’t stacked by any means.

So of all the 32 teams in the NFL this great article claims the Miami Dolphins are the only team that has no 'stars?' All the other 31 teams are more interesting?

And Philly had what super stars? None in household names. Unless you follow football closely and know the Fletcher Cox of the world. I don't see this as an issue. Stars are born out of opportunity anyhow. Now we just need people to step their game up.

I believe Philly also had an MVP caliber QB, a couple All Pro's on their OL which helps in establishing a dominant OL.

Who cares?

It's a team game and the sooner we get a team together, the sooner we start winning.

How 'bout that no-name defense!?

Wake and Jones should sell for sure. With the commitment they made financially to Tannehill, he should be around for a while and obviously Gase thinks he can make something of him. Perhaps Quinn or McDonald.

I'd add, for those who follow NFL closely, Sitton could be considered a star. And, as others have stated, a number of players (i.e., Drake, Harris, McMillan, Tank, Howard) have shown some promise.

Did the patriots have a superstar when they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl? I know Brady was there then, but he was an unknown and their roster wasn’t stacked by any means.
Brady, Troy Brown, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Adam Vineteri all Probowlers. Vrabel, Woody...come on. They had a lot of high level talent.

I am hoping that now that we will be spreading the ball around on offense a new star will emerge. Sometimes a guy who gets some added responsibility surprises everyone.

Thread made me laugh. I imagine this is what the Cleveland Browns board is kinda like. Bunch of people making moral victories because our roster is dog crap. But it's all good, we don't need any star players, give me a team full of 2nd and 3rd stringers and I'm happy lmao.

This team needs to start drafting better, plain and simple.

Let’s all remember a bunch of guys rowing with slightly less power and speed yet in unison will win a boat race against a bunch of stronger faster rowers that row out of sync.
I get your point but don't agree as it applies to football. Every winning coach will tell you they need a certain amount of elite talent to compete at the NFL level.

Back
Top Bottom