Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team

Thread made me laugh. I imagine this is what the Cleveland Browns board is kinda like. Bunch of people making moral victories because our roster is dog crap. But it's all good, we don't need any star players, give me a team full of 2nd and 3rd stringers and I'm happy lmao.

This team needs to start drafting better, plain and simple.

'Lack of stars' doesn't equate to "2nd and 3rd stringers." EVERY team has a few 'stars,' a few top players, and a LOT of average players. And no one said 'stars' aren't needed. Third Eye said it. Suh was 'elite,' Landry may have been a FAN 'star,' but that doesn't mean irreplaceable. Other than that? 5-10 players showed flashes last year and the draft is unknown. Let's save the "2nd and 3rd stringers" until there's more evidence.

And did fine in the playoffs without Carson Wentz and Jason Peters.

The couple of All Pros on the OL were RT Lane Johnson and C Jason Kelce. Than you have pro bowl TE Zach Ertz, Pro Bowl Safety Malcolm Jenkins, Pro Bowl RG Brandon Brooks, All Pro Flectcher Cox, and former Pro Bowl Alshon Jeffrey

So yeah it helps to have a talented team to pick up the slack when your MVP QB goes down.

Yes talent is critical. No one disputes it. But Miami and their dysfunction inside their walls and locker room must change and must change now. So change out the bad apples and build with professionals. You have to first change the culture then any superstar comes in and is assimilated into the culture that has been created.

You can’t do this in one step.

The Miami dysfunction has been a stench for years even prior to Jonathan Martin fiasco. Now we have an undisciplined team of individuals.

Think of it this way. You are in work clothes and have been digging ditches for a week straight without a shower or changing clothes. Suddenly you have a date Saturday night. You can’t just take off the clothes and put on the shiny suit. The stench will eventually permeate through. You need to scrub the grime and stench away then get the suit on. Miami is currently trying to scrub it away.
They had a lot of "scrubbing" to do

Ozzy rules!!

Led by the "great" Andy Reid, the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles "Dream Team" roster with was loaded with stars and probably had the most athletic skill position group offensively the NFL has ever seen. They were overwhelming favorites to win the SB and finished 8-8.

Michael Vick
Vince Young
LeSean McCoy
Ronnie Brown
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin
Brent Celek
Clay Harbor
Jason Peters
Evan Mathis
Trent Cole
Cullen Jenkins
Brandom Graham
Asante Samuel
Nmadi Asomugha
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Nate Allen

Led by the "great" Andy Reid, the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles "Dream Team" roster with was loaded with stars and probably had the most athletic skill position group offensively the NFL has ever seen. They were overwhelming favorites to win the SB and finished 8-8.

Michael Vick
Vince Young
LeSean McCoy
Ronnie Brown
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin
Brent Celek
Clay Harbor
Jason Peters
Evan Mathis
Trent Cole
Cullen Jenkins
Brandom Graham
Asante Samuel
Nmadi Asomugha
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Nate Allen
Nate allen, young, and brown shouldn’t be on this list.

I think Lamar would be awesome - he'd definitely bring the fans out…maybe in a "Slash" role the first year or two, then QB as he/if he improves his accuracy. Honestly though, I don't see Gase bringing him in - may be too risky of a pick (and what do I know, I liked Pat White coming out - and I thought all Ray Lucas needed was a shot….)

Speaking of stars though - have any of you been to Albert Lewis' Instagram? I think this kid can generate some spark with the fans.

Conclusively, the team is starting to look solid. I will mis Suh as well, but our defense is going to be tough.

Bring in a big bruiser RB in the 3rd or 4th, another young lineman to groom, and an early LB pick, and we should be able to play with anyone if Tanny is truly healthy.

No, I mean they sucked then and I don’t think they were the reasons why they thought that team was a “dream team”.

Fairy enough, however Vince Young actually referred to them as the Dream Team... which made it so funny knowing he wasn't even going to start. Nate Allen was 24 that year. I'll concede Ronnie was at the end of his career but he was a big name FA signing that year for them and had 1,000 combined yards for Miami the year before.

Fairy enough, however Vince Young actually referred to them as the Dream Team... which made it so funny knowing he wasn't even going to start. Nate Allen was 24 that year. I'll concede Ronnie was at the end of his career but he was a big name FA signing that year for them and had 1,000 combined yards for Miami the year before.
I’ll say I was jealous of the eagles for their trio of Maclin, Jackson and McCoy. I wanted Miami to draft both those WRs. I hope Drake, Stills and Parker can become that.

And I here I thought Tannehill was the untouchable shining star, with everything built around him, to allow him to succeed.

Personally I couldn't care less.

All I know is how excited I am to watch:

Ryan Tannehill

Kenyan Drake

Albert Wilson

DeVante Parker

Jakeem Grant

The reconstructed O-line

Cam Wake

Xavien Howard

Robert Quinn

William Hayes

Davon Godchaux

Reshad Jones

TJ McDonald

Raekwon McMillan

Play in 2018.

And those are just uppermost in my mind.

Agree can't wait. And all the rookies

I love that there's a thread dedicated to explaining how talent isn't actually needed in the NFL. :laugh
I'm amazed at how many just shrug it off.

We've been A OK the last 10 plus years without having superior players, we'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom