Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team

And I here I thought Tannehill was the untouchable shining star, with everything built around him, to allow him to succeed.
Right, said no one ever. Hyperbole much. I guess the euphoria from yesterday only lasts so long. Who believes this stuff?

I’ll say I was jealous of the eagles for their trio of Maclin, Jackson and McCoy. I wanted Miami to draft both those WRs. I hope Drake, Stills and Parker can become that.

I think everyone was. You couldn't even play Madden that year because the Eagles were pretty much unstoppable. I'm a huge fan of our receivers, think Stills is insanely underrated and I'm still cautiously optimistic about Parker's future... but I also think Wilson is going to make a much bigger impact than people expect. Then you still have Amendola who can do it all (including 2 beautiful passes to The TURD in the Superbowl) plus Grant who showed serious flashes at the end of the season. We're a starting TE and a complementary starting caliber RB away from having a legit offense!

I love that there's a thread dedicated to explaining how talent isn't actually needed in the NFL. :laugh

Least interesting doesn't have to mean lack of talent. A year from now Miami could have a dozen talented players who are known around the world the same way that many young Eagles players are now recognized.

I hope this guy is right! Maybe the first half of the year will be easier because all those teams will agree with this hack and look past us ;)

Better to over achieve because of low expectations than letting fan base down (again) based on high expectations.

Led by the "great" Andy Reid, the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles "Dream Team" roster with was loaded with stars and probably had the most athletic skill position group offensively the NFL has ever seen. They were overwhelming favorites to win the SB and finished 8-8.

Michael Vick
Vince Young
LeSean McCoy
Ronnie Brown
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin
Brent Celek
Clay Harbor
Jason Peters
Evan Mathis
Trent Cole
Cullen Jenkins
Brandom Graham
Asante Samuel
Nmadi Asomugha
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Nate Allen

Equally anecdotal counter point:

The 2007 Miami Dolphins opted for the "no talent" route.

Cleo Lemon
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Ted Ginn Jr and his family
Ronnie Brown
Sam Satele
Alabi Anthony
Drew Mormino
33 year old Jason Taylor in his last effective season, so I guess not entirely talentless, but he clearly sucks because he didn't get us past 1-15 all on his own, amirite?
Over the hump Zach Thomas
Will Allen
Travis Daniels
Jason Allen
Matt Roth

Least interesting doesn't have to mean lack of talent. A year from now Miami could have a dozen talented players who are known around the world the same way that many young Eagles players are now recognized.

"I just know it!" he said while clutching his Dolphins throw blanket and staring at the stars.

You better be right. Playoffs, or Tannenbum, Gase, Ross, and Tannehill can all **** off. Well, Tannenbum can **** off right now.

Equally anecdotal counter point:

The 2007 Miami Dolphins opted for the "no talent" route.

Cleo Lemon
Chris Chambers
Marty Booker
Ted Ginn Jr and his family
Ronnie Brown
Sam Satele
Alabi Anthony
Drew Mormino
33 year old Jason Taylor in his last effective season, so I guess not entirely talentless, but he clearly sucks because he didn't get us past 1-15 all on his own, amirite?
Over the hump Zach Thomas
Will Allen
Travis Daniels
Jason Allen
Matt Roth

Really puts our current roster in perspective! Imagine if that team had good coaching how we might have done.

Suh's release is the one that hurts the most, was/is a big fan of his and the double and triple team he required to slow him down, but hopefully the young kids will step up.
Yep pressure now squarely on Phillips & Godshaux

Back
Top Bottom