Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Without Any Stars, Miami Dolphins Are Now the NFL's Least Interesting Team

Other than Suh, I am trying to think of all this "elite" talent the Dolphins supposedly have lost during this off-season. Landry was a solid player, far from elite. Pouncey was below average and probably wouldn't have even lasted the season. So again what "elite" talent?

I get your point but don't agree as it applies to football. Every winning coach will tell you they need a certain amount of elite talent to compete at the NFL level.
Yes talent is critical. No one disputes it. But Miami and their dysfunction inside their walls and locker room must change and must change now. So change out the bad apples and build with professionals. You have to first change the culture then any superstar comes in and is assimilated into the culture that has been created.

You can’t do this in one step.

The Miami dysfunction has been a stench for years even prior to Jonathan Martin fiasco. Now we have an undisciplined team of individuals.

Think of it this way. You are in work clothes and have been digging ditches for a week straight without a shower or changing clothes. Suddenly you have a date Saturday night. You can’t just take off the clothes and put on the shiny suit. The stench will eventually permeate through. You need to scrub the grime and stench away then get the suit on. Miami is currently trying to scrub it away.

Other than Suh, I am trying to think of all this "elite" talent the Dolphins supposedly have lost during this off-season. Landry was a solid player, far from elite. Pouncey was below average and probably wouldn't have even lasted the season. So again what "elite" talent?
Parkey?

What's it matter, with them we didn't make the playoffs and they were trying to eat the team in cap space.
Moving on!!

Yes, the most talented players were the problem. Makes perfect sense.

Agree! Develop your own elite talent. Maybe a DVP or a RT or Tank or X or Wilson or Drake can soon enough be considered elite.

Yes talent is critical. No one disputes it. But Miami and their dysfunction inside their walls and locker room must change and must change now. So change out the bad apples and build with professionals. You have to first change the culture then any superstar comes in and is assimilated into the culture that has been created.

You can’t do this in one step.

The Miami dysfunction has been a stench for years even prior to Jonathan Martin fiasco. Now we have an undisciplined team of individuals.

Think of it this way. You are in work clothes and have been digging ditches for a week straight without a shower or changing clothes. Suddenly you have a date Saturday night. You can’t just take off the clothes and put on the shiny suit. The stench will eventually permeate through. You need to scrub the grime and stench away then get the suit on. Miami is currently trying to scrub it away.
I appreciate your take. I'm not sure Landry, suh and pouncey were grime :) lol I know what you mean. But we now need to fill that top tier talent and haven't done it yet. If they nail a few in the draft it will ease some of the sting.

Agree! Develop your own elite talent. Maybe a DVP or a RT or Tank or X or Wilson or Drake can soon enough be considered elite.

Oh golly, but then they'll be expensive, and we can't have that.

Whatever, the "culture" plan better work. Playoffs or they can all **** off.

Yes, the most talented players were the problem. Makes perfect sense.
It completely makes sense when they are off doing their own thing and notnplaying within the scheme. Why else is our run D a debacle with supposedly the best DT?

These are all highly paid or wannabe highly paid pros that either do not lead, do not lead by example, freelance too much, fail to know assignments and do their job, or a combination therof. If guys like this do these things what does it tell the rest of the roster?

Clean this crap up.

It completely makes sense when they are off doing their own thing and notnplaying within the scheme. Why else is our run D a debacle with supposedly the best DT?

These are all highly paid or wannabe highly paid pros that either do not lead, do not lead by example, freelance too much, fail to know assignments and do their job, or a combination therof. If guys like this do these things what does it tell the rest of the roster?

Clean this crap up.

Our run defense was **** primarily because we backed that star DT up with godawful untalented LBs and mediocre (at best) fellow DTs.

Oh golly, but then they'll be expensive, and we can't have that.

Whatever, the "culture" plan better work. Playoffs or they can all **** off.
I agree with you on locking up your talent early. I sure hope they do this with some of the young talent. Instead of the typical wait and see approach and then the player has an inflated value.

Our run defense was **** primarily because we backed that star DT up with godawful untalented LBs and mediocre (at best) fellow DTs.
Suh has a part in this.

I appreciate your take. I'm not sure Landry, suh and pouncey were grime :) lol I know what you mean. But we now need to fill that top tier talent and haven't done it yet. If they nail a few in the draft it will ease some of the sting.
Ajayi too. Grime is tough word I know but really I’m referring to the culture these players and this team has created over many years as being a stench and grime.

Back
Top Bottom