Word going around Minneapolis(trade). | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Word going around Minneapolis(trade).

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm posting from my Laptop here at Minneapolis' Kerry-Edwards Headquarters,

And the word around town is that the Fins are VERY close to striking a deal with the Vikes that is as follows...

Vikes Get:
Adewale Ogunleye (DE)
Dolphins 2005 1st Rd. Selection

Fins Get:
Michael Bennett (RB)
[snapback]477867[/snapback]​

Interesting...

We're getting ripped off....Michael Bennet is nothing special, i dont think he's even carried the ball a full season...and hes injury prone...I say we go into the season with T-Mine as our back this yr and shopp correctly for a great back next yr...whats the rush? next yr we should have a new coach and new RB....

Fins Get:
Ripped off

I mean, I'd LOVE to get Michael Bennett. The kid is a demon. But a #1 AND the AFC's reigning sack champion?? That's a little steep for a guy barely removed from a major foot injury. Full panic mode.

And once again, we go into a draft with only a LATE first day pick.

As a bills fan I love it. Please go through with it Dolphin FO.

We better not make that trade. We have extra cap room now, so we should resign our best young defensive player! Also, Bennett isn't worth that. I think our best bet is to go with what we have.

Are you kidding? This is a horrible trade.

We just need to find a replacement for THIS YEAR, then we can draft a good one next year with our 1st rounder.

He had an excellent season in 2002, but last year he hurt himself pretty badly and I don't think he's fully 100% yet.

Muck said:
Fins Get:
Ripped off

I mean, I'd LOVE to get Michael Bennett. The kid is a demon. But a #1 AND the AFC's reigning sack champion?? That's a little steep for a guy barely removed from a major foot injury. Full panic mode.

And once again, we go into a draft with only a LATE first day pick.

I agree. I am sure it's just another message board rumor.

With the injury and all, JUST a 1st round pick or Wale makes sense for Bennett. Besides, I like Onterrio Smith a lot.

Good deal

Writing from ND...this is total Vikes country up here (except me). Adewale for Bennett? It would be mutually beneficial, no doubt. The Fins and Vikes are two completely opposite teams (Fins having great D but struggling offense, and vice versa with Minn.) and this move would set both of them closer to equilibrium. Minnesota has a talented RB developing in Ontario Smith, a TD machine in Mo Williams, a Pro-Bowl QB in Culpepper, not to mention the best receiver in football. They are overstocked on offense, which hasn't worked since 1998. Giving up Bennett in exchange for a more balanced game couldn't hurt. Bennett is a great player and a great person, both of which can help fill Ricky's void. Also, his ten-week injury last season could weaken his trade value, which would make for the easier trade. It's easy to hypothesize, but it would logically help both teams.

If that deal happens then Rick Spielman should be fired on the spot!

That would be a good trade if we got Randy Moss and Bennett.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom