Word going around Minneapolis(trade). | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Word going around Minneapolis(trade).

this is why patience is a virtue. besides, word out of minnesota means someone is selling you BS as far as this being an actual trade. if anything it would be even up ogun for bennet IMO. even then i dont like it. i say wait.

definately lets use the money saved by ricky leaving to try and sign adewale ogunleye and chris chambers to new contracts. we just need to sign someone like a stacey mack or james stewart for depth

Greatness said:
Ogunleye is a great player, yeah. He and JT make up the best DE combo in the game today, but what good is it if the offense can't score??? Remember New England part II last season? This isn't to underestimate what Minor, A.J. or Boston might bring to the table, but it's the concept. This team has been living and dying by its defense since Marino left and it hasn't gotten very far (one playoff appearance?). There's like what, eight or nine Pro-Bowlers on this defense? Losing one great defender and adding a great offensive player will sooooo increase this team's efficiency. It takes high school economics to figure that out, people.

And the Pats scored how much during their 2 runs?

I feel the way Drew Rosenhaus does. My first reaction to hearing the Ricky thing was that Ogunleye is as good as signed now. The effect of this Ricky retirement will be much more a circling of the wagons than a bunch of desperation moves and sell-offs of our future for this season. Its not that the FO will chalk this season up to bad luck, its more that we'll be trying to field a different offense than we originally envisioned, and hopefully be just as effective as with Ricky here.

For that we need to make sure we have good defense. I feel like our defense is at a premium right now...we need to make sure its not just up to par, we have to make sure its a really good D.

bigmiamifan said:
And the Pats scored how much during their 2 runs?

They were 6th in the AFC in scoring in 2003 with nearly 22 pts/game.
They were 3rd in the AFC in scoring in 2001 with more than 23 pts/game.

I don't like that one bit. Perhaps if it were Onterio Smith and WE got the first rounder, then I wouldn't mind giving up Wale. If Wale is on the block then we should be dealing from strength. FO Please don't do anything stupid!

DrAstroZoom said:
They were 6th in the AFC in scoring in 2003 with nearly 22 pts/game.
They were 3rd in the AFC in scoring in 2001 with more than 23 pts/game.
Ooooh, DrAstroZoom just served j00 yo.:lol:

This trade will not happen. The Vikings are loaded at DE. Unless O-gun can play DT he is not going to Minnesota.

Colin311 said:
This trade will not happen. The Vikings are loaded at DE. Unless O-gun can play DT he is not going to Minnesota.
Who? Until they drafted Udeze there was all the talk in the world about the Vikings wanting ogun.

If this rumour is true then it would be a disastrous trade.Wayne should step in and fire Speilman imediately.Rick has already shown that he is succeptible to panic buying.This would be too much.

I never had much faith in Rick anyway.That move will prove it to the rest of you.

I am just hoping that we dont give away any more of our high picks .

MikeO said:
And even with O-Gun and JT on the field together, our defense still chokes in the clutch.

You noticed that too about the D.

CrunchTime said:
If this rumour is true then it would be a disastrous trade.Wayne should step in and fire Speilman imediately.Rick has already shown that he is succeptible to panic buying.This would be too much.

I never had much faith in Rick anyway.That move will prove it to the rest of you.

I am just hoping that we dont give away any more of our high picks .

I would not prepare Rick's walking papers just yet. If this rumor is true, it's probably the initial offer with which Minnesota will come to the table. I highly doubt Spielman would mortgage our future in such a manner. But you have to start negotiations somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom