Word going around Minneapolis(trade). | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Word going around Minneapolis(trade).

ITS UNANIMOUS, PHIN FANS DONT AGREE WITH THE TRADE!

It's awful! No more 1st round picks for RB's unless we're DRAFTING. :lol:

Maybe we should sign who we need to CC/OG and just wait. I know it sounds crazy but I got a feeling he's comming back. Whether we want him back or not is another stroy. :confused:

Ogunleye is a great player, yeah. He and JT make up the best DE combo in the game today, but what good is it if the offense can't score??? Remember New England part II last season? This isn't to underestimate what Minor, A.J. or Boston might bring to the table, but it's the concept. This team has been living and dying by its defense since Marino left and it hasn't gotten very far (one playoff appearance?). There's like what, eight or nine Pro-Bowlers on this defense? Losing one great defender and adding a great offensive player will sooooo increase this team's efficiency. It takes high school economics to figure that out, people.

And even with O-Gun and JT on the field together, our defense still chokes in the clutch. Hell, we can choke without O-Gun then. Take that money and improve the offense!

Greatness said:
Ogunleye is a great player, yeah. He and JT make up the best DE combo in the game today, but what good is it if the offense can't score??? Remember New England part II last season? This isn't to underestimate what Minor, A.J. or Boston might bring to the table, but it's the concept. This team has been living and dying by its defense since Marino left and it hasn't gotten very far (one playoff appearance?). There's like what, eight or nine Pro-Bowlers on this defense? Losing one great defender and adding a great offensive player will sooooo increase this team's efficiency. It takes high school economics to figure that out, people.
I don't see where your coming from. Ogun for Bennett maybe. But throw in a first rounder? no way, thats 2 young blue chip players because of desperation. A trade like that would be completely jumping the gun. I think we can make a playoff run with the players we have. Adding more talent always helps, but sacrificing the teams future because of it is not worth it.

I dont see Bennett as much of an improvement over minor. No thanks. Our #1 and OGUN? NO WAY!

I'm in agreement with many of you, we'd be getting royally screwed in this deal.

dude bennett is a very good rb on top of that i believe he is the fastest rb in the nfl that alone says alot.trade now rick don't wait o-gun bennett straigt up!!!!!

Go for it FO, lose your first round pick next year that could be used on a real back like Cedrick Benson.

Bennet's a nice back, but Ogunleye AND a freakin' FIRST? After we already traded our 2nd? That's luncay. LUNACY.

A draft pick? Straight up O-gun for Bennett would be ideal but giving up a pick wouldn't be that big of a deal. Draft picks are rarely sure things (ignore LeBron and Carmello), and with the ever-termed "aging" defense...whatever. This team needs to figure out if it wants to win now or plan for the future. This fins are my passion, but you guys down South need to be objective. Minnesotans love Bennett. He's a demon for speed and has made the Pro-Bowl to his credit. He's a young guy. This guy is good now and will be in the future. O-gun, a Pro-Bowler himself, is a major asset that shouldn't be dealt off in a panic, but an asset is defined as something having value. Not many teams have the luxury of being able to have a roster-full of Pro-Bowl defenders and the opportunity to add a great RB.

Phlub said:
I'm posting from my Laptop here at Minneapolis' Kerry-Edwards Headquarters,
Not surprising considering the trade you just made up.

Phlub said:
And the word around town is that the Fins are VERY close to striking a deal with the Vikes that is as follows...

Vikes Get:
Adewale Ogunleye (DE)
Dolphins 2005 1st Rd. Selection

Fins Get:
Michael Bennett (RB)

Please tell me no one is believing this? Miami would not trade O-Gun for Bennett straight up, much less throw in a No. 1..

Back
Top Bottom