Word going around Minneapolis(trade). | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Word going around Minneapolis(trade).

Ask Thomas, Seau, Taylor, Madison, Knight and Surtain if they'll patiently wait a few years to watch new rookies develop as their replacements. No team can just ride out its veterans and try scoring some key draft picks and expect to win a SB either right now or in the future. It's abundantly clear that this team wants to win NOW.

Making it up? It's not like it's "VERY CLOSE TO FINALIZING," but check for yourself on espn.com if you doubt the legitimacy of this trade. Bennett and Chicago's A. Thomas are both discussed.

Michael Bennet is the fastest man in the NFL. Faster than Vick. I think he had a 4.0 40. But I know they said he was faster than Vick.

iceblizzard69 said:
We better not make that trade. We have extra cap room now, so we should resign our best young defensive player! Also, Bennett isn't worth that. I think our best bet is to go with what we have.

As much as I like Michael Bennett, I agree 100%. We would be giving up entirely too much in that deal. :shakeno:

there is no way in hell that would happen... i wouldnt trade ogun straight up for bennet

This trade doesn't pass the "sniff" test. No way is Rick Spielman that dumb. A first for Bennett, maybe. Ogunleye for Bennett, maybe. Ogunleye and a first? Obscene.

Man i haven't heard anything like that up here in MN, that would be an awful trade. Though i would take Ogunleye for Smith and their 2005 2nd round, Bennett is decent but he really isn't all that proven, has had nagging injuries and is just getting over a fairly major one.

I wouldn't trade O-Gun straight up for Bennett. I wouldn't trade a 1st round pick straight up for Bennett. This trade is not real.

I wouldn't trade O-Gun straight up for Bennett. I wouldn't trade a 1st round pick straight up for Bennett. This trade is not real.

We might not even get Wale signed anyway just for the mere fact they don't believe he's worth his asking.I say give him before draft picks cause he might not be playing for us this year anyway.Bennett is incredible and would tire out any Defense trying to catch him and furthermore,I know Spiel wont give Wale and a high draft pick for anybody so rest assure if this deal is to get done it will take some tweaking.

Bennett IS an ELITE back. (When healthy)

Regardless of some of the popular opinion, T. Minor could not hold Bennett's jock strap. Bennett is an absolute blur on the field. His speed is something we haven't seen even on Ricky's best days.

The PROBLEM I have with Bennett is injuries. I'd rather have O. Smith. At least he's not seen the inside of a hospital AS A PRO.

But, there is one problem with all the hubbub complaining about Ogun AND #1 for Bennett.

Miami SET the price for an elite back a little over 2 years ago. And, at that time WE decided an elite back was worth TWO (2) #1 PICKS. Not ONE... TWO. It just so happens that our TWO #1 picks bought us TWO years of service.

Earlier this year, we asked for a #1 AND #3 for Wale. No one would touch it. So, in a worst case scenario, Wale is worth AT LEAST #1. Asking for an ADDITIONAL #1 is the same as asking to replace Ricky with ANOTHER elite back. It's NOT that far fetched. We've paid it before.

And you can heckle and jeckle about the results we got... but the facts still remains that we established the following:

An elite running back, beginning his 4th year, who has had injuries IS worth TWO #1 picks.

Argue all ya like, WE set the price. Tice is only following suit.

If Spielman wasn't in charge we would give all next years draft for Bennett or Smith but Spiel will do the right thing and I believe that.

Trade rumor

God I hope this is a sick joke and not gonna happen. Too high of a price to pay for Bennet

phunwin said:
This trade doesn't pass the "sniff" test. No way is Rick Spielman that dumb. A first for Bennett, maybe. Ogunleye for Bennett, maybe. Ogunleye and a first? Obscene.

:yeahthat: And I know obscene.

Back
Top Bottom