Would Miami still have picked Beck if Kolb was there at #40? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Miami still have picked Beck if Kolb was there at #40?

7) most importantly he produced and actually had a better collge career than John beck with a better interception to td ratio by far playing against a much better level of competition.

anybody that does not think Quinn will not be good really just has nothing to base it on. Not saying beck won't be good but Quinn has done nothing on the field to make anyone think that he wont be good.

Yes Quinn had a better college career than Beck and there's no denying that but he also played with much better talent than Beck. However, when you look at what they did in their last year as well as their last game, Beck comes out just behind, along side or ahead of Quinn.

I have never said Quinn will not be good nor have I ever said Beck will be better but you did say that there were reasons why Quinn was hyped more than Beck. I gave you some reasons.

Yes Quinn had a better college career than Beck and there's no denying that but he also played with much better talent than Beck. However, when you look at what they did in their last year as well as their last game, Beck comes out just behind, along side or ahead of Quinn.

I have never said Quinn will not be good nor have I ever said Beck will be better but you did say that there were reasons why Quinn was hyped more than Beck. I gave you some reasons.

Every year some guys get the hype for whatever reason. IF Beck had done what he did for two years, he would have probably have received more hype.
If you are very good at a major school, guess what you get noticed. i just hate how people are acting like Quinn got some attention he did not deserve.
I personally hate Notre dame and have never been the biggest fan of quinn but I recognize he was a very good Qb for them and should be good at this level. if had produced like Ron powlus I could see all the flack but he was probably the most productive Qb in football over the last two seasons.

Also yes he did play with better talent but he also faced better talent than Beck. Last year they were pretty equal in performance but Quinn was much better the previous season so beck did not have alot of hype coming into the season, not to mention his age did have some affect whether people want to believe it or not.

Every year some guys get the hype for whatever reason. IF Beck had done what he did for two years, he would have probably have received more hype.
If you are very good at a major school, guess what you get noticed. i just hate how people are acting like Quinn got some attention he did not deserve.
I personally hate Notre dame and have never been the biggest fan of quinn but I recognize he was a very good Qb for them and should be good at this level. if had produced like Ron powlus I could see all the flack but he was probably the most productive Qb in football over the last two seasons.

Not necessarily true. They might get noticed by the scouts and other personnel decision makers but not necessarily by the media. This is why so many player fly under the radar, so to speak.

Dame.

Why do you keep trying to make this something it is not. Who said Quinn didn't deserve the hype? Not I. It doesn't matter if you like Notre Dame or not, Quinn received the hype because he entered the season as the leading candidate for the Heisman Trophy. He didn't perform as well against top competition as he did the previous year and this is why his stock fell.

Also yes he did play with better talent but he also faced better talent than Beck. Last year they were pretty equal in performance but Quinn was much better the previous season so beck did not have alot of hype coming into the season, not to mention his age did have some affect whether people want to believe it or not.

You're gonna have to explain this one to me. How did Beck's age affect the type of hype or lack thereof he received?

Cam thought Beck was the most accurate QB in the draft. He doesn't have to worry about character because he spent his 1st 2 years on a mission trip.

Kolb (is the l pronounced?) played in a shotgun, short passing style offense. He has a strong arm, but never got to show it. He would need to improve on accuracy past 20 yards is my guess.

You're gonna have to explain this one to me. How did Beck's age affect the type of hype or lack thereof he received?

Draft hype not media hype necessarily. Teams higher in the draft would have
took age as a factor much differant than late first round or second.

yea i think that miami takes beck. the reason why i would choose him over kolb is that kolb is really gitty in the pockect and when players are gitty they make mistakes. kolb is good dont get me wrong but i take beck. i think that this video will speak for its self

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCgH6sTEeP8

No. I think that Beck was their guy from the start. They actually wanted to move up in the draft in order to secure him. With all the extensive time that was spent between Beck and CamMu it seemed that it was either between Beck or Quinn essentially and obviously we made our choice for Beck. I dont really see Kolb in this Cam Cam's type of system where you have to be very intelligent and poised about delivering the football. In most situations it seemed that Kolb just wanted to run for his life whenever he felt any pressure in the pocket. So regardless if he was there or not, BECK was our guy.

I don't think we take Kolb if he was there at 40. Kolb played in the same offense his whole entire high school and college career. Also the offense that he played in is the run and shoot i believe which can make anyone who can throw ten yards look good. Andre Ware and Heath Shuller are products of the same offense.

yeah, imho, we woulda still got beck.

I will vote for Beck over Klob for our 1st pick in the 2nd round and if Quinn would have still been available there he would have been taken over Beck I beleive is a good guess. Stirring the pot a little think about how well the draftniks would have loved us if we had drafted Quinn, Ginn and Kayhil (ie the center from Southern Cal in those first 2 rounds). It is good to hear that Beck is a gym rat the last time I heard the Dolphins using that term for a player they picked was named Zack Thomas in the Jimmy Johnson days. I just hope Beck has the talent to follow through with the desire. I am sure glad we did not trade up to select Beck because the Dolphins brass would have really gotten smashed in the media for that move and coupled with their reaction with the Ginn pick it would have monumental media disaster!

I was never crazy about the thought of getting kolb. i was hoping we werent going to get him because ive seen him and he was never impressive to me. Beck has the talent that kolb doesnt have

Back
Top Bottom