WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace

im not gonna post it on here cause it is NSFW language....but if you question jennings, then just go to youtube and put in greg jennings putting team on back. dwayne bowe doesnt put the team on his back, mike wallace doesnt put the team on his back.

but in all honestly, i know we need the homerun threat, but jennings knows the offense and has shown he can be successful in it, at that to bess being a beast in the middle routes, and hartline being a beast on the sideline routes i see jennings would open things up something awesome. plus if hartline and bess were playing their natural positions of 2-3 recievers instead of 1-2 i believe it would make the offense that much better. i know we dont have the TD stats we'd like to see from our WR's but it isnt completely from lack of not having a redzone threat. it seems on the PA bootleg inside the 5 tannehill is working it pretty good now finding the rb or te. i would have no objection to bringing in bowe, we need to upgrade, he is def alot more physical than anything we have on roster. i think its also been mentioned that philbin comes from a system that doesnt put high priority on drafting wr's high in draft. so even if a cant miss wr is sitting there at our pick in first three picks, dont be surprised if we still draft elsewhere. once again picking up in making the 4th and 6th round. one being used on a wallace molded wr, one being molded in a bowe type reciever.

regardless as much as we feel different, the people in the front office and with the headsets on know more about and more details on all these players, so ill just go with whatever decision they make, unless its bringing naanee back....i cursed the heavens when we aquired him...that was a decision i knew more about :-) have a great final fins sunday all

Mixing Bowe and Jennings would probably go as well for us as mixing Alonso and Hamilton went for McLaren.

this years free agent market is going to be a buyers market. the big money deals will be hard to come by for 2013 free agents. we can sign anyone we want. this is from the man in charge.....

:rolleyes2:

If everyone believes that, it won't be a buyers market.

:rolleyes2:

If everyone believes that, it won't be a buyers market.
owners will not be shelling out the big money llke they did in the past. sure there will be some big deals but nothing like the past. that is what i mean by buyers market. miami will sign a free agent receiver. philbin is pushing for jennings and my man likes wallace but there is a another plan they are working on. they are talking to a team about trading for the best receiver in the nfl and his huge contract. nfc team......stay tune as we will run the show this off season.

Fitzgerald is the highest paid wide receiver in the league and that's how every receiver wants to get paid. You really think Wallace isn't signing on the dotted line until someone offers $50 million guaranteed and ~$13 million per year? I don't.

Here's a link to the highest paid wide receivers in the league this year. Note a few of these are "franchise tag" deals.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-lists/sports/top-10-highest-paid-wide-receivers-2012-in-the-nfl/

Vincent Jackson, you'll see, did get Larry Fitzgerald money. And he played well this year, too. Averaging more than 19 yards per reception for 1,300 yards, despite missing a game.

Wallace is worth a deal more in the $8-10 million range, probably closer to $10 million. If you want a player of his caliber, that's what they cost. He's every bit the player Santonio Holmes is, in my view. Pittsburgh used him sort of one dimensionally but he has a ton of versatility. Jennings for his part would cost less but not as much less as people think. Probably in the $6 to $7 million range annually.

Every bit the player Santonio Holmes is? I hope we do better than a Santonio Holmes type player. He's not much of a measuring stick.

owners will not be shelling out the big money llke they did in the past. sure there will be some big deals but nothing like the past. that is what i mean by buyers market. miami will sign a free agent receiver. philbin is pushing for jennings and my man likes wallace but there is a another plan they are working on. they are talking to a team about trading for the best receiver in the nfl and his huge contract. nfc team......stay tune as we will run the show this off season.

this years wr crop is 2nd round talent at the top. so we lose a couple of #1's for a superstar. sounds good to me. word is we will stick to bpa for our #1 if we still have it.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

this crappy obama-economy will be playing into this freeagency period. players will jump on a resonable offer.

tell the man at the top that if he thinks there won't be big money shelled out to top level free agents when teams under this new cba have to spend to such a high number against the cap he's got another thing coming...if the plan is to low ball we are gonna end up on the outside looking in...

god dang i hope these guys are smarter than this...

I'd pass on all three and send a third to Philly for Jeremy Maclin and draft a receiver in the first two rounds.
What the hell makes you think for a minute Philly would trade Maclin, a first rounder a couple years ago, for a 3rd? Why would they trade their most consistent WR anyway?

best wr in the league....calvin johnson trade??? tell ireland he better be ready to give up all 5 of those top picks plus a 1st next year to pull that one off...

I don't think you understand how the rookie cap and salary floor conspire to make this untrue.

As for trading for Fitzgerald, who I assume you're talking about. I don't think I'll be holding my breath on that one. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Every bit the player Santonio Holmes is? I hope we do better than a Santonio Holmes type player. He's not much of a measuring stick.

Santonio Holmes is one of the more underrated WRs in the league. He's less than a championship caliber person but on the field he's as natural a football player as there is.

larry fitz isn't worth that contract and what he'd cost in trade anyways...

Jennings is the best fit. Some think he has been injury prone his entire career. He had injury issues this past year only. He needs an off season the get healthy. Like Hoops, adding Jennings then drafting Allen and and adding a TE through FA or draft makes this offense really good. If that or something similar happens, watch Bush, assuming he is re signed, and Miller excel.
Bro I know that it has been just this year, but if he gets a big contract will the injuries this year just a be a freak thing or what is to come?

I would take Bowe over those other two in a heartbeat, simply because of the numbers he has put up with the garbage throwing to him. He would make Tannehill better instantly.

After him, I would go Wallace and then Jennings. We have a young team, and youth needs to continue to grow together.

how does Wallace not fit in the WCO? I don't understand that. Yeah he's good at running deep routes but i've seen plenty of times of him running routes constantly within 5-10 yards. Any WR can fit in the WCO, that talk is silly.

Back
Top Bottom