WVDolphan's Get Real. Today's subject "The Ginn Family" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real. Today's subject "The Ginn Family"

So yea, nothing wrong with trading Ginn. He blows.......REMEMBER. But, trading him and not replacing his assets was a really stupid move

I hate Ted sideline Ginn dont give a **** about him, but thats the only thing i agree with you, FO did nothing to Replace him, maybe they were high on Kory Sheets but he went down and decided to stay with Cobbs, and as you can see is not working out...

He had a couple nice returns, but when it comes down to it he fell right down after the catch on his 1 reception. Then on his long return he didn't even try to make the kicker miss, he just sprinted out the angle to the sidelines! Same old Ted Ginn Jr a few good plays and a lot of pansy!

Ginn was a 5 star DB in high school and was recruited as DB not a WR. Which makes his shying away from contact the most surprising thing.

I didn't like the Ginn trade from the get-go and you know it. No flip-flopping here- I am just looking better and better everytime he has a big return while our Special Teams suck. With how much crap I got on here for standing up for him this is hilarious to see everyone else come over to my side.

No sh*t, Sherlock. I wasn't referring to you. If you're feeling better because Ginnger broke two decent returns last night on an 0-5 team, then more power to you. What little he's done in SF doesn't make up for what has been a failure of a career in the NFL thus far.

Boom, i was one of the 3... ive got 5 pages of red rep from x-poc in my profile settings to prove it... "Ginn sucks." in every single one.

I do admit, WV, many of this kids now are mad because we don't have that speed here anymore. They are coming out saying WTF but yet they were that same crowd that called for his head. "We'd be better off releasing him"

I knew we were too stupid to find someone to replace him as a return man and that kind of speed is hard to replace as well. Like i said, maybe he gets open on a deep route once per game with marshall drawing the safety attention. Maybe he gets us to the 50 on a return after a team just scores on us. The only reason the 49ers were in the game late was because ginn was getting them ridiculous field position. I said the whole time he was here if we could find someone to replace him, i'd have no problem getting rid of him. The problem was we didn't.

Quit your b*tching, it's well earned red rep.

Secondly, who says we didn't? Hell, had Kory Sheets not gone down maybe this whole thing wouldn't be an issue and these Ginnger threads cease to exist. Hell, this coaching staff probably shouldn't have been so damn stubborn and just put some trust in Nolan Carroll from the get go versus a gimpy Patrick Cobbs and the Artist Formerly Known As Clifton Smith.

Ginn was a disappointment because he is extremely soft, something which makes him a D+ receiver, instead of a B+ or better which his god-given skills would actually allow for. Having said that, watching him return kicks last night, it's clear to me how bad our special teams coaching really was. Ginn, even though he still ran out of bounds to avoid a hit, actually took the ball strong up the middle of the field on both KO's I saw. One resulted in a 40 yard run-back, the other, I believe, was 60+ (can't recall if it was a KO or punt). My point is, even though he's still soft, someone from SF has convinced him on the correct technique - versus the strategy he used to use with us where he pretty much either ran directly to one sideline or the other, or stutter stepped around until he got clocked.

I must be one of the 3 as well cause I actually liked Ginn. A lot of receivers drop balls Marshall, Owens, Smith. Ive seen him open so many time and the qb wasnt able to make the throw anyway. How many td's on returns did he have called back. A lot of whiney *** fans here hated Ginn from the get go. Was it because we didnt pick (the bust) Brady? Or was it because he's from OSU and the SEC crybabies didnt like that either? Was it because Cameron picked him?

To say he sucked is completely false and a pathetic reply. Was he a number #1 receiver? NO. Picked too high? YES. But sucked? NO. I remember the hustle too in last years Saints game when he chased down the DB and punched the ball out BEFORE the endzone and the ref blew the f'n call. Check out the Sports Illustrated picture if you dont believe me. I for one would still love to have Ginn on this team, with Marshall and see what he coulda done then. Oh well. GO FINS!!!

Ginn was a disappointment because he is extremely soft, something which makes him a D+ receiver, instead of a B+ or better which his god-given skills would actually allow for. Having said that, watching him return kicks last night, it's clear to me how bad our special teams coaching really was. Ginn, even though he still ran out of bounds to avoid a hit, actually took the ball strong up the middle of the field on both KO's I saw. One resulted in a 40 yard run-back, the other, I believe, was 60+ (can't recall if it was a KO or punt). My point is, even though he's still soft, someone from SF has convinced him on the correct technique - versus the strategy he used to use with us where he pretty much either ran directly to one sideline or the other, or stutter stepped around until he got clocked.

Actually he did have one of those last night as well.

I must be one of the 3 as well cause I actually liked Ginn. A lot of receivers drop balls Marshall, Owens, Smith. Ive seen him open so many time and the qb wasnt able to make the throw anyway. How many td's on returns did he have called back. A lot of whiney *** fans here hated Ginn from the get go. Was it because we didnt pick (the bust) Brady? Or was it because he's from OSU and the SEC crybabies didnt like that either? Was it because Cameron picked him?

To say he sucked is completely false and a pathetic reply. Was he a number #1 receiver? NO. Picked too high? YES. But sucked? NO. I remember the hustle too in last years Saints game when he chased down the DB and punched the ball out BEFORE the endzone and the ref blew the f'n call. Check out the Sports Illustrated picture if you dont believe me. I for one would still love to have Ginn on this team, with Marshall and see what he coulda done then. Oh well. GO FINS!!!

A couple of things. One, you don't spend the 9th overall pick in the Draft on an injured KR masquerading as WR. Two, you definately don't spend the 9th overall pick on an injured KR when you have a stud MLB (Patrick Willis) and a shutdown CB (Darrelle Revis) still on the board. Make sense now?

Hated that we drafted him so high and that we just handed him the number one job but did not like that all we got for him was a 5th round pick. I could live with him as the 4th receiver and returnman. He will never be a top level receiver but he was a useful player who I would much rather have than Moore or Wallace as our number 4. He could be a great return guy but he was never at that level with us. Believe me I was never a huge fan of taking Ginn that high and argued many times how Desean Jackson was the far superior player only to be blasted by certain members.

IDK, I sure wouldnt mind him running flies on 1 side with 1 on 1 coverage and Brandon getting doubled on the other side. Thats big play potential if you ask me (or Revis).

Quit your b*tching, it's well earned red rep.

Secondly, who says we didn't? Hell, had Kory Sheets not gone down maybe this whole thing wouldn't be an issue and these Ginnger threads cease to exist. Hell, this coaching staff probably shouldn't have been so damn stubborn and just put some trust in Nolan Carroll from the get go versus a gimpy Patrick Cobbs and the Artist Formerly Known As Clifton Smith.

Plz don't make me print screen and post... many people complain you do this as well.. I will post in a thread about god knows what and you will just write Ginn sucks as the comment and mark it red. Literally over 100 times. Childish.

So your sitting here saying Kory Sheets was the answer and was going to be a good return man? no one knows this. Lets not judge on the hypothetical because that gets the team no where, it all starts with production, and we aren't seeing anything.

I agree we should have went with Carroll from the start, he hits the hole fast but almost looks like he runs into the pile as well. Hes going to die if he keeps hitting guys that fast. He looks like he might have potential though.

No one is saying Ginn was worth the #9 pick or is a #1 receiver. He wasn't replaced. Our ST is horrible. But looks at plays like the 2nd KO return against the jets. That was terrible blocking but an insane combo of jukes and speed that created that play. Also we don't have a single fast guy on offense. Its arguable that ricky is our fastest player on O.

Being an aquaintance of Ginn, I was 1 of the other 3 people that supported him as well. I know for a fact he was excited when Miami traded for Brandon and was looking forward to this season with the Dolphins. Horrible move trading his speed away for nothing. He should have been our full-time punt and kick returner and situational deep threat. It is very, very hard to find players with his speed. What is done is done though. I am a Dolphins fan, always have been, and always will be.

A couple of things. One, you don't spend the 9th overall pick in the Draft on an injured KR masquerading as WR. Two, you definately don't spend the 9th overall pick on an injured KR when you have a stud MLB (Patrick Willis) and a shutdown CB (Darelle Revis) still on the board. Make sense now?

Nope. Usually your reply is just Ginn sucks. I stated in my post AS WELL that he shouldn't have been the #9 pick but he didnt suck. He's still on an NFL roster and getting playing time so he obviously does have some value and talent. Would still like to have him on this team for returns and stretching the field. He's much better than any returner we have now and faster than any receiver we have now as well.

Um, we did have a returner, he just didn't make it out of training camp. His name was Kory Sheets.

Kory Sheets? Get real. You call that a plan? Thats like saying we have a backup LB and STs ace named Bobbie Carpenter.

Back
Top Bottom