WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's topic "QB, FA, and the draft" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's topic "QB, FA, and the draft"

I'm afraid you're right about being the bridesmaid again. Unstable ownership and FO, rookie coach, poor oline, limited weapons, and severe bandwagon fans probably sway him elsewhere. I'm guessing Arizona or a dark horse.
:lol: and you live in AZ (assuming by the name)! Growing up there, nobody went to those games. NOBODY. Pats and cards fans are the epitome of bandwagon fans. It's not even close. They were both nonexistent before they became relevant. And the Bidwells are stable? Not sure if serious... Further, their o-line isn't anything to write home about and the only weapon they have is Fitzgerald. Not sure how you rip what we have and go straight to the Cardinals as a viable option right after it.

We have no real threat at TE which Manning has usually had. Our running game is a Reggie Bush injury from being awful. Outside of Brandon Marshall our receiving corp is subpar at best. AKA limited weapons

Go look up our sack, knockdown, and hurry stats from last year. Yuck! Not only do we need a new RT but we have to find a new RG as well.

Manning come to Miami and Clay lights it up! BOOKIT! Manning elevates players, Clay showed some flashes and Manning will get him the rock.

As far as Rg3 goes a qb who sits in the Shotgun and the majority of the time making option reads scare me they just need lots odd development.

My gut tells me they will sign AJ Feidler III.

The guy who liked Pat White and hated Cam Newton now says that he wouldn't even draft RG3 in the 7th round. The illustrious track record of the guy who is "always right" will no doubt be upheld...
The argument against RG3 is baseless and founded in nothing but generalizations and false assumptions. If one studies RG3's body of work objectively and uses a little bit of logic, there is no reason to not love the player as a top 5 talent. I understand that he played in a spread offense, but so did Newton and that doesn't seem to be negatively affecting him.
Physically, RG3 has absolutely everything that you want in a quarterback and more. But more importantly he's smart, very high football IQ. Saying "I wouldn't even draft him" not for nothing, is one of the dumbest ****in things I've ever heard in my life.

With all that being said, I want Peyton Manning, but if we can't get him I would absolutely trade up for RG3.

The guy who liked Pat White and hated Cam Newton now says that he wouldn't even draft RG3 in the 7th round. The illustrious track record of the guy who is "always right" will no doubt be upheld...
The argument against RG3 is baseless and founded in nothing but generalizations and false assumptions. If one studies RG3's body of work objectively and uses a little bit of logic, there is no reason to not love the player as a top 5 talent. I understand that he played in a spread offense, but so did Newton and that doesn't seem to be negatively affecting him.
Physically, RG3 has absolutely everything that you want in a quarterback and more. But more importantly he's smart, very high football IQ. Saying "I wouldn't even draft him" not for nothing, is one of the dumbest ****in things I've ever heard in my life.

With all that being said, I want Peyton Manning, but if we can't get him I would absolutely trade up for RG3.

Wv hated White don't think because his screen name he liked him.

Wv hated White don't think because his screen name he liked him.

I gotta go back and look up the old threads but I'm pretty sure I remember arguing with him against Pat White, I guess I could be wrong though.

I gotta go back and look up the old threads but I'm pretty sure I remember arguing with him against Pat White, I guess I could be wrong though.

When drafted I thought White had potential and he and I argued about it. Then the clowns decided it would be a good idea to change everything about the way White played football and the rest is history.

There was a guy here- CashInFist I think his name was. Anyway, he had a Marino avatar much like WV was using at the time and was strongly opinionated about liking White. I got into it with that guy as well. I think he was eventually booted off of the site for calling one of the mods a Nazi or something stupid like that lol. But yeah, I seem to remember WV hating White too.

I called Pat White a bust during the summer after he was drafted. I was flamed, and the post was sent to the depths. Some guys just cannot see the player for what he is.
Regarding RGIII, I disagree with the OP. He is going to be a real good NFL player. He has all the althleticism,vision, and passing ability, plus he is a smart kid. He has a proven record of production. Drafting him would not be a mistake.
I agree about Richardson. The guy is one of the top talents in this years draft. Maybe the best RB in the last few years since AP. We could use him. Smashing the ball up field will make it easier for our QB. On play action fakes, Peyton(or whomever) is deadly and will not miss the receiver. Having that guy in beast mode running the ball will also create more big plays in the perimeter passing game.
If Richardson is there at #8, I hope we haveenough sense to draft him. Enough with the blah,blah, blah, the game has changed non sense. It has not changed. Running the ball is still important.

Running the ball is still important but there is no way you spend the 8th pick on a runningback unless you are set at other much more important positions. In today's NFL you need to run the ball the way the Giants did in the playoffs last year, and the way the Packers did in the playoffs 2 years ago, by running off of the pass. The days of pounding the ball and going play action are pretty much over IMO, not to say that it can't work at all, but I think teams like the Packers and Giants have the proper formula. You need a strong offensive line, a big time QB, a slew of talented receivers and the running game will come naturally because the defense is too worried about stopping the pass. In other words, running the ball in today's NFL has less to do with who the actual back is than it ever has. Would you call Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs or Ryan Grant elite by any means? Hello no, but they were successful because of the offense that they played in.

Back
Top Bottom