WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's topic "QB, FA, and the draft" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's topic "QB, FA, and the draft"

the ony issue with manning at 75 percent is that the guy never had a great arm to begin with...so a 75 percent velocity peyton manning is dicey...thats probably along the lines of the broken wing chad pennington was sporting for us...

mannings got the best timing and accuracy and ball placement but the balls still got to have something on it...but there's also talk that manning may continue to improve to 100 percent no guarantee he's gonna peak at 80 percent or whatever

like i said chance i take...for 2012 at least

This was what I would go back to every time I read from someone that Manning's arm isn't where it needs to be at yet. That's to be expected now, he still has a while to go until training camp starts. So if he's been making the progress that he has so far, what's another 3-5 months (I think) ??

peyton manning is a no brainer...but i think its gonna end up we're the bridesmaids once again...but frankly wv you missed the boat so damn hard on cam newton as a prospect i can't take your telling everyone how you're always right serious...

anyways...good read...

I'm afraid you're right about being the bridesmaid again. Unstable ownership and FO, rookie coach, poor oline, limited weapons, and severe bandwagon fans probably sway him elsewhere. I'm guessing Arizona or a dark horse.

I'm afraid you're right about being the bridesmaid again. Unstable ownership and FO, rookie coach, poor oline, limited weapons, and severe bandwagon fans probably sway him elsewhere. I'm guessing Arizona or a dark horse.

- Help me understand your thinking regarding those two items I highlighted. Poor o-line? I know the RT was horrible but nothing that can't be fixed through FA or the draft.

- Limited weapons? Really?? With Manning those weapons we have now become even better just because of him, at least in my opinion.

i think we have plenty of weapons so i don't see that an issue and peyton gets rid of the ball so quickly that i think the oline isn't an issue for us either but i think ross better tread lightly on this put on a full court press but don't go to the media and say stuff like "i won't be outbid"...manning will smell anything disengenuine...

i'd watch out for the jets as a sleeper here...

I just hope it's not like Marino's twilight years though.

Why do people keep mentioning this????

Dan's last year was messed up due to injury. JJ's insistance on landing BS WRs (Jordan) that were has beens (Martin), broken down (Barnett), or he was just scared to draft (Moss) and got a RB instead.

'97- was botched due to his lack of mobility, the zone blitz, and god damn Keith Byars being a MOFO and giving the Pats our calls.

'98- was botched due to our DLine being destroyed due to injury and having to go to Denver against Davis in that condition.

I am pretty sure he was throwing, if my memory serves me right, for WELL over 3,000 yards and that was with JJs bogus handcuffs.

- Help me understand your thinking regarding those two items I highlighted. Poor o-line? I know the RT was horrible but nothing that can't be fixed through FA or the draft.

- Limited weapons? Really?? With Manning those weapons we have now become even better just because of him, at least in my opinion.

We have no real threat at TE which Manning has usually had. Our running game is a Reggie Bush injury from being awful. Outside of Brandon Marshall our receiving corp is subpar at best. AKA limited weapons

Go look up our sack, knockdown, and hurry stats from last year. Yuck! Not only do we need a new RT but we have to find a new RG as well.

Why do people keep mentioning this????

Dan's last year was messed up due to injury. JJ's insistance on landing BS WRs (Jordan) that were has beens (Martin), broken down (Barnett), or he was just scared to draft (Moss) and got a RB instead.

'97- was botched due to his lack of mobility, the zone blitz, and god damn Keith Byars being a MOFO and giving the Pats our calls.

'98- was botched due to our DLine being destroyed due to injury and having to go to Denver against Davis in that condition.

I am pretty sure he was throwing, if my memory serves me right, for WELL over 3,000 yards and that was with JJs bogus handcuffs.

OK fine, Dan's twilight year. Yes the one where he had an injury. I hope Peyton doesn't end up like that as the two cases are fairly similar. Better???

i think we have plenty of weapons so i don't see that an issue and peyton gets rid of the ball so quickly that i think the oline isn't an issue for us either but i think ross better tread lightly on this put on a full court press but don't go to the media and say stuff like "i won't be outbid"...manning will smell anything disengenuine...

i'd watch out for the jets as a sleeper here...

Oh man would that make me sick. Hopefully Manning doesn't want to play in the same city as his brother.

Brandon Marshall getting passes thrown to him from Peyton has me drooling. I think davone bess would be a great fit with peyton also

Good stuff as usual.

What did happen to the Thanks button?

I just want one Super Bowl win in my lifetime...Is that so much to ****ing ask for?

OK fine, Dan's twilight year. Yes the one where he had an injury. I hope Peyton doesn't end up like that as the two cases are fairly similar. Better???

Actually, yes now that you narrowed it down.

That being said, it's a risk you take due to the talent your hoping to acquire.

One of the reasons I want to take this risk is because unlike Marino who's tires where busted (see '97), Manning's tires are fine and even though he's a pocket QB, he's not a giant boulder in the middle of the road like Marino was.

The lack of a TE threat is concerning and I would hope that with or without Manning comming here, we get that issue addressed through the draft.

No WR corps is as good as advertised with a great QB at the helm. Yet, our 2nd rate QBs were doing good enough with the ones we have to throw for some decent yardage. Heck, people were thinking Henne was 'the one' with them, can you imagine how much better they can play with a player of Manning's caliber. Hartline will problably have to leave after Mannings years here due to his asking price since teams will think he's all-world, maybe the same with Bess. Marshall could very well blow up into what we've always expected of him and he'll finally live up to that contract.

We can't really debate his injury because it is what it is, and he's rehabbing. No one can say if he's comming back at 100% or 80%, but whatever it is its better than what we've had for 11 years and better than what we have on the roster now.

But that he would be an upgrade, and no not a Chad Pennington upgrade but a HUGE upgrade is not really a question.

Here's his latest: "In 2010, Manning finished second in the league in touchdown passes (33) and completion percentage (66.3). He closed that season with 17 interceptions, 4,700 yards passing, a 91.9 rating and was sacked just 16 times in 16 games."

We seriously need to upgrade the TE position if we nab Manning. Fleener, Marshall, Wayne, Bush are some legit weapons and would put Manning in quite a poisition to do something special on O. Right now we NEED to find another pass rusher to be a legit contender.

imo the way fasano played , and caught the ball last year , imo he has gotten better at running and catching the ball and with a QB like peyton he shouldnt have one bit of a hard time catching the ball when it hits him in stride in between the numbers , so imo i think we can be ok at TE and go after more of need .

5stars rating!

Although not agreeing with all of it, I do agree that Peyton is overwhelmingly "Option A" and possibly the link between now and legitimate SuperBowl Contention. Implicit in WVs premise is that we have most of the pieces right now in place for a run, short of an elite QB, which implies that although he had his share of swings, misses, and miscalculations, in retrospect, Ireland hasn't done too bad a job of cobbling together a talented team.

I'm on the fence on Flynn. When it comes to Philbin and his offensive expertise though, I do agree with folks like Aaron Rodgers, more so than WV that Joe was largely responsible for his development as a QB. As far as it being McCarthy's Offense, well hell, whatever is in place should closely reflect every HC's offensive vision. However, while McCarthy may have dialed up the plays on gameday, it was likely Philbin who devised and designed them. Long way of saying, if the guy who knows Flynn best wants him, and IMO knows more than a little about offense and QB'ing, I'll be all for him.

However, without Philbin in the picture, like WV, I also would prefer Moore, believe much of the criticism surrounding him is over-the-top, and that he represents a better option than some of the other names being floated around.

so because no big12 qb's have suceeded this means rg3 wont, thats even more silly
i dont see one valid point that makes rg3 blow not one. tools wise griffin is so much better than cam although cam has perfect size

It's kind of funny you must admit, that you spent months contending that Wake would not successfully transition to the NFL because few CFL'ers have before but when it comes to an even larger ratio of Big12 QBs unsuccessfully making that transition, you don't want to stereotype. :idk: go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
manning and cousins 2012! you are right about manning.. hes the best qb in the nfls history! i think you are extremely wrong about rg3. you dont understand how good this kid is.. other than that, solid post!

Back
Top Bottom