WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 10 An Utter Disgrace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 10 An Utter Disgrace

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Im not even going to bother reading the threads on the board right now. I can imagine most of them will fall into two catergories. Its either the apologetic homer who wants to sugar coat what cant be sweetened or the completely lost who thinks Philbin and Tannehill are doomed and we will never win with them. I really cant take either or those two types of posts right now.

Im also not even going to bother with grades this week. There is no point really. It was an epic failure all the way around. From the coaches, to the players, to the lack of fans, to the ball boys, this one was a complete disaster.

Let me get it started with Tannehill. Tannehill played like complete **** today. Dont try and spin any bull**** to suggest he did a decent job today. Dont act like its all the lack of supporting cast or the refs or lucky tips or circumstances of the game. Reality is Ryan Tannehill was hot garbage out there today. He looked like he shouldve been drafted by the Jests the way he played today. 3 interceptions, no touchdowns, not a whole lot of anything impressive coming off his arm at all today.

Now having said that, this dosent mean that Tannehill isnt a franchise QB or that we need to go completely back to the drawing board. It also dosent mean he gets a complete pass because he is a rookie. That bull**** is over. He is in there and starting. He is accountable for his play. What it means is were going to have to slow down for a bit on our expectations. Its a clear indication that this player has a long way to go before he is Andrew Luck or Matty Ice.

This loss forces all of us to take a step back and look at the big picture. Its obvious this team has a ways to go before it can contend for anything big. A lot of changes still need to be made to this team before its ready. The QB has a lot to learn. Several of the leftovers from the Parcells era who I thought could be valuable parts of a team in transition are simply not. Philbin still has plenty of overhauling to do with this roster to get the players in here that fit his system.

Defensively the team was a huge let down today. What was disturbing is that is wasnt the secondary today that was most horrible. The best unit of our team all year has been the DL, but not today. Not only did they allow the first 100 yard rusher in 22 games, the defense came out in the 2nd half and allowed Tennessee to straight up bully them.

That drive spoke volumes. Trailing 21-3, it was CRITICAL for the defense to come out and set the tone if the phins wanted any chance to battle back. Instead, the Titans marched the ball down the field on something like a 7 minute drive that was capped with a TD that essentially put the game away. That was a pathetic performance. The offense didnt even get a chance to touch the ball and get some momentum going before the Titans put the game away. After all of the seemingly great halftime adjustments we have seen from this team this year, that was a real punch in the gut.

On offense, we looked almost as bad as the Jests today. Turnovers and PENALTIES. Turnovers and PENALTIES. This team couldnt get anything going because everytime we made a play we followed it up with a turnover or a HUGE PENALTY.

This OL has turned into almost a complete debacle. Which leads me to Jake Wrong....... Jake Wrong can get lost. Seriously. The idea that Jake Long is a pro bowl LT is ridiculous. He isnt even one of the best 15 LTs in the game from what I have watched. He continues to be a penalty machine and still cant stop a speed rusher. Im not even sure he can run block well anymore at this point.

Jake Wrong is one of the guys that clearly dont fit this system and should be one of the easier decisions for the FO to make as far as leftover guys who we need to move on from going forward. In fact, Id go ahead and move Martin to LT for the rest of the year to get him experience if it is in the plans to move him there next season. Long is doing nothing but, getting in the way of progress if that is the case.

Even the idea of signing Long if he were to take a hometown discount isnt a good one to me at this point. He isnt playing like a good LT, so I dont want to pay him like one. Let him walk. Please. The faster we can move on from him the better. Again if its in the plans to move Martin to LT next season, he needs to be getting experience there now. We clearly arent winning the SB this year, so lets get this team better for next season. We could easily list Long as "injured" to save face for him and not hurt his FA value for him going forward. I wish Long the best but, I no longer want him playing LT for the phins. If he would sign for the same money as a bottom tier LT, then maybe I would reconsider, but we all know he wont do that.

Reggie Bush. Another of these so called "leaders" who came to Philbin to whine about Chad Johnson getting cut. Bush can get lost. I knew I was right to question this guys toughness when he sat out the 2nd half of that Jests game. Philbin benched him after that fumble and rightfully so. Daniel Thomas has been running much better than Bush and its obvious Bush isnt going to be here going forward. The two guys of the group of FAs we have who I said at the beginning of the year we should let walk are the two that are really sticking out as guys that need to go.... Long and Bush.

Bush plays the most easily replaceable position in the league and there is simply no way we should be signing him to the type of contract he will be offered in FA. He will be a good fit for a team that is almost there and could stand to add some explosiveness to their offense. A team like that will offer him much more than what he is worth to the Miami Dolphins. That is the biggest reason we need to move on from him. Id draft another RB this year in the middle rounds and roll with Thomas. If Miller gets his act together, he could be a critical part of what we do. But, I think its obvious these days that you need not just two, but three solid RBs in your rotation. I like that Gillislee kid from Florida. 3rd or 4th round if a RB like that is available, take him.

Incognito is really getting under my skin. Everyone was loving him after the Jests game, but his act is getting tired. There is a line there..... he has crossed it. I think his toughness is a good thing, but he needs to learn to get to that line and not cross it. He shouldnt be in the media reveling in the fact he was voted a dirty player. Maybe he has to because thats his claim to fame. Reality is he simply isnt that good of a lineman. He certainly isnt good enough to be taking 15 yard, drive killing penalties, and think he can stay in the game or even on the roster.

That penalty he took was an absolute KILLER. The phins were trailing 21-0 and it was real important to put one in the endzone there to try and get some momentem and get back in the game. We were driving the ball well at that point and that penalty killed the whole thing and forced us to settle for 3 points. A real back breaker. Did anyone else notice Philbin tell him to go sit down and point with his thumb towards the bench? Here is another guy that Im not so sure fits Philbin's system. Its a shame we are still looking at having to go cornfed a bit in the draft to get this OL fixed. Unbelievable.

The penalties overall in this game were ridiculous. We couldnt execute a play to save our lives. Even on the FG, we had to call a TO because Jake Wrong couldnt get his head out of his ass and in position. Philbin has to clean this up. Players not looking prepared is a reflection on him as much as it is the players.

Finally, there is one type of thread that needs to be placed in spam if made for the next couple of weeks............
[video=youtube;U7fjDS0jKiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/video]

Put that idea to rest. Im not saying it isnt possible, but there is really no need to discuss it at this point. Seriously. Dont post another thread trying to breakdown the schedule until we are 7-5 and have defeated the Pats for our 3rd win in a row. If that happens, lets discuss it. Otherwise, lets just try and worry about this team doing the things it needs to do to get better and win games. Lets see Tannehill make improvements. Lets talk about which players we need on this team going forward and who needs to go. The playoffs have no business being discussed on this board outside of the general NFL forum.

Besides, the one thing you guys can stop doing is talking about this game is an easy game or that game is one we cant win etc etc.... All 4 of the wins we have we earned them. We didnt beat garbage teams. There are really only a couple of garbage teams in this league. The Jests are one of them :lol:. Its still a joke that we lost that game.

Just look at the scores today. Lets see.... that so called gimmie win against a bad team you debbie downers say we had vs. the Rams..... the the 9ers that the Rams are an easy win OK. Tell the Giants that the Bungles are an easy win. See what they think. Two teams we defeated did not lose to a couple of the teams most everyone assumes are two of the top teams in the NFC today.

The bottom line is that each and every week in the NFL, if you dont come to play and put your best effort out there you can and will be beaten. Its as simple as that. Turnovers, stupid penalties, mental breakdowns, and lack of execution will get you beaten. This isnt the Pac 12 or the Big 12. Its the NFL. Every game is tough. There is not a team left on our schedule that we cant beat and it was certainly proven today by the Titans that there isnt a team left on our schedule who cant whip our ass. Every team has some talent.

Which is why those teams that some of you think are just obviously better than the Falcons, like the Giants and the 9ers, failed to win today. Its funny how the Falcons who dropped their first game today(although Matty Ice threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs.... however he did fail for the first time this year to get the job done when it counted at the end of the game) just werent that good beacuse they were winning close games against "bad teams". I guess its better to lose, tie, or get blown out by these so called bad teams than to beat them with a late game winning drive.

The Falcons were 8-0 for a reason. And that reason is of course that Bill Parcells failed to draft Matty Ice in favor of the so called "safe" pick at LT who it turns out is practically a bust, and left Matthew Ice Ryan for the Falcons to take and dominate with.

Wonderful post, but your constant "Matty Ice" rants kill some of it for me, get over the pole slobber for the guy he's never going to be a Phin.

good post man. it's nice to see honest, but level headed anylysis here. I'm nervous now about the fins playing the bills this thursday night. I don't care what their record is. They are a division team, whom division teams do usually play us tough and the bills have played the fins tough in the past years. And while their defense hasn't been so hot, they got cbs who can pick off qbs, and they do have an offense that can score pts. All I know is that miami's defense better wake up this thursday night and not have stupid penalities or turnovers or this will be another long night for miami.

good post man. it's nice to see honest, but level headed anylysis here. I'm nervous now about the fins playing the bills this thursday night. I don't care what their record is. They are a division team, whom division teams do usually play us tough and the bills have played the fins tough in the past years. And while their defense hasn't been so hot, they got cbs who can pick off qbs, and they do have an offense that can score pts. All I know is that miami's defense better wake up this thursday night and not have stupid penalities or turnovers or this will be another long night for miami.

Offense better wake way up, gonna take more than 3 to win even if the defense plays well,

You've been waiting so patiently for this day WV. Now it has finally come... Maybe Matt Ryan would have been a better pick than Long.

I wanted Long back in 2008 because I thought our best chance to be good in 2008 was build up the Oline and play cramball with Ricky and Ronnie. For 2008 that didn't seem like a bad idea but it had no foresight. The guys here and state of today's game convince me you draft a QB in the first round until you hit. You don't have a good shot at building a winner without a franchise QB.

"Offense better wake way up, gonna take more than 3 to win even if the defense plays well"

yeah miami will definitely need a couple tds at least even if the defense is playing pretty good, because even though fitz is erratic. Like I said before, the Bills do have so talent on offense where they can hurt you with Steve Johnson and fred jackson and cj spiller who can break big runs. Miami's defense has to play a lot better and miami's offense better get their head out of their ass and move the ball and get some pts and play smart this next game coming up.

WV you are such a joke. Long a bust. Get off your high horse

Great post and I agree with everything really. Just want to add that as good as our special teams have been this year, for some reason they always get penalized on a return (block in the back, etc.). It's pretty depressing when you start near your goal line on half your drives. I hope this something we can fix ASAP.

its pretty hard for a rookie to play well when all you do is call pass plays and the defense expects it... dont you think? even if he had those 3 ints 1 of them was not his fault and the other one fasano the idiot just let the defender get it.

Glad you can stop with the bull**** and calling us a good team which was pretty delusional. We haven't beat a single good team yet you called us just that. A good team is a perennial playoff team we aren't even close to that and we never proved we were. Also how much of a homer do you have to be to think Matt Ryan > Jake Long isn't true?

awesome_thread-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom