WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 10 An Utter Disgrace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 10 An Utter Disgrace

Thats exactly what I was talking about. We have 4 good, hard fought wins that we earned. Get real man.

We beat the Bungles on the road. Ask the Giants how easy that is.

We beat St. Louis at home. Ask the 9ers if that is a gimmie win. Get real.

Both of those teams are mediocre and are not perennial playoff teams and 1 game doesn't change anything do really think Rams = 49ers and Bengals are the best team in the NFL beating the superbowl champs? Get real just because we fought hard against mediocre teams doesn't mean we are a good team. We have yet beat a team that's going to the playoffs this year.

Long sucks. I want him and Sean Smith gone next season.

I was with you until you added SMITH to the formula. Shallow, really.

ALL CBs get beat: it's the nature of the game as it exists now. As to SMITH, he's better than most...w/an erratic pass rush and no ballhawking FS to help him out. We need more than just WAKE, and we need a legit FS. I'd try O-V full time, and drop ODRICK inside at a DT position, on sure passing downs, and maybe "full time". Keeps "fresh legs" in for a full game that way. As to FS, I don't know WHAT we can do THIS season, but next off-season, finding one is a must.

Both of those teams are mediocre and are not perennial playoff teams and 1 game doesn't change anything do really think Rams = 49ers and Bengals are the best team in the NFL beating the superbowl champs? Get real just because we fought hard against mediocre teams doesn't mean we are a good team. We have yet beat a team that's going to the playoffs this year.

I understand that the Bungles and Rams arent great teams. But, they obviously arent complete pushovers either. Try giving the phins some credit. If we completely blew, we wouldnt have beaten some of these teams. Those were good wins.

If we beat Buffalo and Seattle we will still be in the hunt. Two BIG ifs I know but i think this game will get everyones attention.

Lots of contracts up this year and Philbin only drafted a few of the current team members so no ones safe.

i know I'm delusional but i still have hope of a winning season.

Good post WV. I would have pulled Tanny at half time. Can he even throw 20 yards down field ? Down 3 scores we needed a long ball or two to get back in it. Matt Moore could have at least gone deep a few times.
i also thought he had ability to run the ball occasionally like the Tenn QB. Haven't seen that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least there is one thread that I can read where there is some sense to it. You nailed it WV. I have said from the start of the ZBS that Long was not a fit and needs to go. Guess what folks. Neither is Jerry or Icognito. All 3 need to be replaced. Of course they'll move on and may contribute somewhere but that will be a mauling type running team. Not a finesse scheme and one where you actually need to use your head.

Disappointed in THill today but all QBs have bad days. I have seen to many characteristics indicating that he will be a solid franchise QB. I am a little concerned with him trying to do to much but that is a part of the growing process. It's worse because the talent he has to work with is dismal. If you recall, Philbin was showing the signs of frustration over the lack of talent on the roster.

Which brings us to Ireland. He doesn't fit what Philbin is trying to do just like Long, Incognito or Jerry. What looks like a good draft this year is not an excuse for the lack of talent after 5 years. I dont want to hear any bull**** about Parcells being in charge. Ireland played a major role in ****ing up this roster and doesn't deserve another year. Ross needs to get wise and realize that without a major shake up in the FO, the stands will remain empty. Look at today. The Dolphins have been playing well against a team that 9-10 times they win, looking at a winning record and in the playoff hunt and no fans are in the stadium. Smarten up Stephen.

My disappointment was much greater last week because seeing that second half told me exactly what the Dolphins were. A team with a solid young QB with little talent around him, a secondary that is a sieve in need of a CB, FS and SS, a team that after 5 years of Ireland is really not much better off then when he came in.

Wins and losses this season are unimportant though I admit I want to finish above the Jets and Bills. Measuring growth in the youngsters and determining who should stay during the transition has to be the priority. As for that list of Miami's FAs and 50 mil, I have my doubts that you'll see more then a couple of them back. Long, Bush and Smith are definitely gone IMHO.

At least there is one thread that I can read where there is some sense to it. You nailed it WV. I have said from the start of the ZBS that Long was not a fit and needs to go. Guess what folks. Neither is Jerry or Icognito. All 3 need to be replaced. Of course they'll move on and may contribute somewhere but that will be a mauling type running team. Not a finesse scheme and one where you actually need to use your head.

Disappointed in THill today but all QBs have bad days. I have seen to many characteristics indicating that he will be a solid franchise QB. I am a little concerned with him trying to do to much but that is a part of the growing process. It's worse because the talent he has to work with is dismal. If you recall, Philbin was showing the signs of frustration over the lack of talent on the roster.

Which brings us to Ireland. He doesn't fit what Philbin is trying to do just like Long, Incognito or Jerry. What looks like a good draft this year is not an excuse for the lack of talent after 5 years. I dont want to hear any bull**** about Parcells being in charge. Ireland played a major role in ****ing up this roster and doesn't deserve another year. Ross needs to get wise and realize that without a major shake up in the FO, the stands will remain empty. Look at today. The Dolphins have been playing well against a team that 9-10 times they win, looking at a winning record and in the playoff hunt and no fans are in the stadium. Smarten up Stephen.

My disappointment was much greater last week because seeing that second half told me exactly what the Dolphins were. A team with a solid young QB with little talent around him, a secondary that is a sieve in need of a CB, FS and SS, a team that after 5 years of Ireland is really not much better off then when he came in.

Wins and losses this season are unimportant though I admit I want to finish above the Jets and Bills. Measuring growth in the youngsters and determining who should stay during the transition has to be the priority. As for that list of Miami's FAs and 50 mil, I have my doubts that you'll see more then a couple of them back. Long, Bush and Smith are definitely gone IMHO.

I actually think Jerry would be a good fit for the ZBS if he can get and keep his weight down. That is a colossal if, however.

As always OP, your marklars are wise and true. I wish we dealt Long at the deadline, when other gms and coaches were too busy studying their own and opponents film to really see how bad jakes been this year. I also think we should move jake to RT this yr, to see if it suits him better and give Martin reps at LT. He might maul over on the right and prove something, lots of scouts said he was a RT long before we drafted him first overall. LT is all about footwork. Misi was also purposely exposed again a few times on passes, dire need of upgrade there too. Pats will score 85 on us if they can isolate Gronk, Hernandez, woodhead, really anyone, on Misi.

Most pathetic loss in a long time, I think it was a mistake pulling bush, he may have helped our power house offense score more than three. He has been playing tentative, Shawn Smith, style as of late. The WHOLE team played soft which was most disappointing. I agree in letting both of them walk.

Regarding Sean smith....getting beat is one thing. But Sean smith is a dumbass. He constantly gets beat because of his dumbness, always taking the wrong angles and always lost when it comes to finding the ball. Either he needs to be demoted if Miami finds a better corner or let walk in fa cause he not smart enough to be a #1 cb and he's not going to be paid #1 cb money to cover scrubs...which I'm sure he would find difficult as well.

I agree with much of the criticism in this thread, but we also need to hold these coaches responsible. The players had no passion all game. They looked lethargic after the 1st quarter. Even after halftime they came out of the locker room looking defeated. They should have come out fired up and expecting to win. If I can take anything from this game, its that it might motivate some players going forward, but I though last week was our wakeup call too.

Some of the offenesive playcalling really bothered me. There was never any urgency - running on 2nd and long and 3rd and long while down by 21 points. And Coyle called another bad game on defense - he's played against Chris Johnson many times, but he doesnt know that you need a backside pursuit tackler for CJ's cutbacks? And Jake Locker is a known runner....no spy on him at all on 3rd an short? I'm really bothered by how Coyle is calling games.

Mike Sherman and Philbin treated Tannehill like Chad Henne

They handcuffed him to a medium passing game. No vertical passing. Granted it was a windy day but that didn't stop Locker from throwing ducks that fluttered right into the hands of Titans receivers for touchdowns

Back
Top Bottom