WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

I think Long is going to be cheaper than we think. I expect him to come back. Reggie might be cheap too. I dont want us to draft another rb this year. I think we should just incorporate lamar miller more.

I do think we will let incognito and fasano walk. Maybe bush as well but if hes really cheap ill take him again

Even if Long and Bush are cheap, what have they done to warrant another contract? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Incognito a free agent in 2014 as opposed to 2013?

I thought Sean Smith was a ProBowl cb waiting to happen? good stuff.............

I think Long is going to be cheaper than we think. I expect him to come back. Reggie might be cheap too. I dont want us to draft another rb this year. I think we should just incorporate lamar miller more.

I do think we will let incognito and fasano walk. Maybe bush as well but if hes really cheap ill take him again

Why do you assume losing Reggie would mean we would have to draft an RB? We already did this year with Miller, and while they are really easing him in with the offense because he still has a lot to learn, if nothing else he and Thomas can take the bulk of carries. Also, RB is a really easy position to find somebody to carry the rock and get you a couple yards, so we can always get a light FA or even waiver pickup for depth.

No, its a problem with your reading comprehension because I wasn't referring to you with any of my posts in this thread. You took something personal and ran with it. I never said that YOU made any unwarranted comparisons.

breathe... take a step back
Oh Dave, I most certainly don't get worked up over nonsense posts like yours. So who is making these "unwarranted comparisons" in this thread? Who exactly are you referring to? WV? He hasn't said anything different than I have. Tannehill played like **** this past game (two games actually). That's just a fact that both he and I have pointed out sans "unwarranted comparisons." So, what comparison exactly are you referring to with that statement? Or are you randomly responding to other threads in this one? Feel free to elucidate.

Where did I say "...source of hatred ON THIS PARTICULAR THREAD"? I meant "here" as in on these forums in general, but I can see how you misinterpreted that.
My bad, I tend to respond to things in threads as if they have something to do with the thread they're posted in.

Oh Dave, I most certainly don't get worked up over nonsense posts like yours. So who is making these "unwarranted comparisons" in this thread? Who exactly are you referring to? WV? He hasn't said anything different than I have. Tannehill played like **** this past game (two games actually). That's just a fact that both he and I have pointed out sans "unwarranted comparisons." So, what comparison exactly are you referring to with that statement? Or are you randomly responding to other threads in this one? Feel free to elucidate.

Doesn't seem like it, but if you say so...

I agree with a lot of what you've written (including this thread), and you have a point about Tannehill, but you gotta let the Matty Ice thing go. It's been four years now, and we need to focus on our present situation, not on how well a certain Atlanta Falcons QB is progressing in his career.

I don't plan on letting go of this until I hear both Parcells and Ireland say that they made a mistake drafting Long.

I really think RT is losing confidence in himself...

When Philbin said here's when we find out whom the men are after before the Tenn game he said that because of all the aches and pains on the team. After week 8 it becomes a matter of heart to win because everyone is fighting injury. The OL takes too many plays off and they get blasted. They are just there for a check. The receivers are cutting the field in half for the D because of no deep threat so our offense becomes elementary because Tannehill always checks down. I agree with most of your post except for Dansby WVA. Dansby is out of position so much the last three games that Rashad Jones has had to cover his slack but that means 4-6 yard carries before Jones can get there. Dansby, Bush and Long are not the leaders we need on this team. Pouncey, Incognito and Martin are ok if we add a couple of more solid FA OL. Take the money and put it in skill players at WR, and stiffen the D with playmakers that can catch the ball at CB, DE and LB. Our secondary needs to score high on the test. Their lack of intelligence especially Sean Smith, is the biggest hindrance to their ability to make plays.

Lol, we don't have much talent but we don't need to find that many good players to be contenders. I stand by what I said earlier in this thread, Cam Wake is a top 5 pass rusher in my book, and Starks is a great interior pass rusher. If we can find someone halfway decent to replace Odrick our D-line can mask a lot of our flaws in the secondary. Not sure if Vernon is the guy just yet. That'd be priority #1 for me. Number 2 would be saving 12 million in Jake Long, and actually UPGRADING the position by putting Martin in his original position, and paying a couple mill in FA to get a solid right tackle. I'd like to see Jerry gone as well, or at least lose another 30 pounds. Still too fat for our style of blocking. Hopefully the last weak link on the line would be Incog who we can dump in 2014.

Number three: Get a wr in FA. There are some solid options and we have money to spend. If you have to pay more to get him do it, this position needs a major deepthreat. I think it's amazing how Tannehill is one of the better deep ball QBs with NO deep threat. This would help him tremendously. A guy like Wallace or Harvin or Bowe would allow Hartline and Bess to get open more as well.

Lastly, I think 2 of our first 5 picks should be FS and corner. Stick Marshall in the nickel, draft a boundary corner opposite of Smith, and replace Clemons. That'd be a perfect offseason for me. And really it's not so much getting a whole bunch of great players as it is letting go of dead weight like Long, Bush,Clemons, etc.

I don't know why you think my post is funny. Have you taken the time to read your own post and add up the number of players you're talking about? Yeah ... like I said, 6 to 8 players away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom