WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

Your post is completely foolish. Jake Long has been an all pro every year of his career. He WILL be a hall of famer. He is having a down year but he WILL improve and has NOT been as bad as you have suggested. Reggie is NOT that bad either. Sure he's injury prone but that's why we have good depth. The truth is we have more cap and picks going into 2013 than any team in the league. I expect everyone excpet for maybe Clemons and Mcdaniel to be resigned. We will be a great team once again in thanks to our great GM. You will see IN THE FUTURE just how incorrect and quite frankly inept you are at judging football talent.

Dude, step away from that Jason Taylor jersey and the Marino bobble-head. Slowly. Now wake up and actually let your mind grasp what youve seen out of this team lately.

I agree with most of the critisim in this thread, but I am going to dish out a bit more towards Mike Sherman. The play calling was absolutley unacceptable. We ran the same running play at least 5 times, and got the same results every time. When we were getting no push up the middle all game, we still tried to run up the middle on our own goal line. The 3rd and long play looked like a designed QB draw to me - terrible call. Our blocking scheme is also terrible. We are asking our OL on running plays to block straight ahead and move d-lineman left or right, and we arent creating blocking angles to create holes. That may work in college but not in the NFL. Sheesh call a trap, or block down and leave the pursuit guy unblocked, or call a counter or something to give your OL an advantage. Very poor play design imo. Philbin needs to intervene here and make Sherman adjust.

And there's the truth. Ban me know, but to the intellectuals, you're welcome, it was my pleasure.

Well then you, sir, don't know **** about football.

Obviously no talent is hyperbole, but they are in fact sucking hard. Dont even see how anyone with a functioning set of eyeballs could deny that.

Well, if you are saying we need to give him a year, then yes, you are saying he should currently be free of criticism...

You may need a year to make criticisms, the rest of us can do so while he is progressing (or in this game, regressing). Again, you are lumping them all together, legitimate criticism and idiotic comparisons alike, which is ridiculous. You can't tell the difference between the two forms of criticism?

Where did WV or anybody else in this thread say that Tannehill sucks? He most certainly sucked in this game, but nobody said he sucks overall. He most certainly didn't lose the game by himself, but he absolutely did play a major role in it. Hell, the last interception is all that is needed to add him to that list. That was a flat out horrible throw and decision. A double covered receiver in the middle of the field when you have no time outs AND the ball is thrown well behind him? You simply can't defend that. Does it mean he's the next Ryan Leaf? **** no, but it does mean he has a lot of work to do in pracice the next few weeks, particularly when it comes to decision making and accuracy.

I like you, Gonz, but I can't help you with reading comprehension . There IS a difference between reserving judgment and unwarranted comparisons.

Anyone who thinks Brady,Brees, or either Manning could do better you suck as a talent evaluator.

how do you type that, read it back and not immediately delete it? as for the all 22 its available as part of nfl.com rewind which could prove easier than aquiring these "tapes" you have access to.

After sleeping on the game, Jake Long still sucks and the OL is still the biggest problem on this football team.

Unreal that the Bills can rush four guys all night, not stack to stop the rushing game, and Miami can neither run nor protect the quarterback.

You will see IN THE FUTURE just how incorrect and quite frankly inept you are at judging football talent.

i think the only one that has proven incorrect and quite frankly inept at judging football talent is jeff ireland. dont really need to go much further into the future to see that.

After sleeping on the game, Jake Long still sucks and the OL is still the biggest problem on this football team.

Unreal that the Bills can rush four guys all night, not stack to stop the rushing game, and Miami can neither run nor protect the quarterback.[/QUOTE

Exactly. Yet, somehow, Tannehill is the source of hatred here. Unreal

I'm not sure how you can write this up, trashing so many different players (deservedly for the most part) but not mention Nolan Carroll. Seems to me that you can't applaud Bushes benching, bash him for manning up to his lack of performance and acceptance of said benching, and yet not cry for Carroll to be benched as well. Bush cost us a drive last week that led to points for the opposition. Carroll cost us like 4 drives last night. Hell, damn near the entire secondary should be benched.

Was I arguing that RT is free of criticism? All I said was give him a year (or more), give him talented play makers. Then, if he still sucks, make all the asinine comparisons you want. Whats wrong with that?

Also, anyone arguing that RT lost us this game is absolutely delusional. Sorry, it just seems like every other post on these boards is about how Tanne sucks... that's just not the case. A determination cannot be made about this just yet.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

that's all well and good... but have perspective, please. We need more fans with perspective.

He just played his 9th (ninth) NFL game. And its not like he inherited a superbowl calibur team. Let's try to keep things in their proper focus.

Listen bro, this is a GET REAL thread. If you want to post about how people are being ridiculous when it comes to Tannehill, then go back to the forum and find the threads where people compare him to Henne and call him a bust. They are out there. But, that isnt what is happening here. In these threads, we deal with reality.

The reality is that over the past 10 qtrs, Ryan Tannehill has played like ****. Nobody in this post is trying to say that makes him a bust or he is complete garbage that we should give up on at this point. Its just recognizing facts.

Never did I blame the loss completely on Tannehill. However, it is fact that if Tannehill had played better, we win that game.

Nobody is suggesting that its Tannehill's fault when Long and Martin both get steamrolled and the DE's meet at the QB. That has nothing to do with Tannehill. What is his fault though are the plays when he is actually given opportunities and he fails to come through. He had plenty of chances last night to make a play that wouldve changed the outcome of that game and he failed miserably on almost all of them. Are you seriously suggesting he didnt make poor throws on multiple occasions when he had time and open receivers?

Having said that, the QB position is the one position on the field where you can say if he plays better, your team couldve won the game. Acknowledging the fact that we couldve beaten a bad Buffalo team if Tannehill had capitalized on some opportunities dosent pin the blame on him. There was plenty of blame to go around as many players on our team were terrible last night. To lose to the Bills, you have to have a lot of players play poorly.

But, for instance, say Long and Carroll had not played like trash last night. Would we have won the game? Perhaps, but you can not say that definetively. But, you can definately say had Tannehill made a couple of those throws that were there and not turned the ball over we wouldve won. That dosent mean that anyone is blaming the loss entirely on him. Its just facts.

There are also some threads out there pointing out the fact that Tannehill has had multiple chances this season to lead us on a game winning drive late in the 4th qtr and failed every time. There is some validity to that. As for myself, Im not ready to say that means he will never be able to do this for us consistantly, but I can still accept that criticism of him as reasonable. Its just reality that he hasnt come through in a big spot for us yet.

There comes a point when you have to stop blaming everyone else and place blame where it belongs. Yes the offensive personel is not great. Yes the OL has been terrible. But, none of that means Tannehill hasnt had chances to make plays. He has. He just hasnt made those plays when it counted most so far.

Matty Ice has been in these situations all year and failed ONE time. Just last week he didnt get his team in the endzone with a chance to win late. Up to that point he had come through in that situation all year long. Yet, for some reason he was criticized for having to win close games. At the same time teams like the Giants and 9ers who are said to be superior to the Falcons are LOSING games to these so called bad teams. I dont get it.

You see these late game situations are where its time to pull your balls out. Right now in those critical spots, Tannehill is playing like a little ******. There has to be a point in time that he is successful more often than not in those spots or we will never be able to win anything with him at QB.

That just how it is. In the NFL, most games come down to these situations. The teams who have QBs that can come through in the clutch win and the teams who dont lose. Its as simple as that. I still believe that one day Tannehill might be able to come through in these situations, but right now he simply isnt getting it done.

Again its a get real thread. So you can either keep it real or keep it movin. So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

Back
Top Bottom