WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

Why? So he can hire Nick Saban as Director of Everything just to get the chance to suck down some hot-Little Debbie cream filling?

Listen bro, this is a GET REAL thread. If you want to post about how people are being ridiculous when it comes to Tannehill, then go back to the forum and find the threads where people compare him to Henne and call him a bust. They are out there. But, that isnt what is happening here. In these threads, we deal with reality.

The reality is that over the past 10 qtrs, Ryan Tannehill has played like ****. Nobody in this post is trying to say that makes him a bust or he is complete garbage that we should give up on at this point. Its just recognizing facts.

Never did I blame the loss completely on Tannehill. However, it is fact that if Tannehill had played better, we win that game.

Nobody is suggesting that its Tannehill's fault when Long and Martin both get steamrolled and the DE's meet at the QB. That has nothing to do with Tannehill. What is his fault though are the plays when he is actually given opportunities and he fails to come through. He had plenty of chances last night to make a play that wouldve changed the outcome of that game and he failed miserably on almost all of them. Are you seriously suggesting he didnt make poor throws on multiple occasions when he had time and open receivers?

Having said that, the QB position is the one position on the field where you can say if he plays better, your team couldve won the game. Acknowledging the fact that we couldve beaten a bad Buffalo team if Tannehill had capitalized on some opportunities dosent pin the blame on him. There was plenty of blame to go around as many players on our team were terrible last night. To lose to the Bills, you have to have a lot of players play poorly.

But, for instance, say Long and Carroll had not played like trash last night. Would we have won the game? Perhaps, but you can not say that definetively. But, you can definately say had Tannehill made a couple of those throws that were there and not turned the ball over we wouldve won. That dosent mean that anyone is blaming the loss entirely on him. Its just facts.

There are also some threads out there pointing out the fact that Tannehill has had multiple chances this season to lead us on a game winning drive late in the 4th qtr and failed every time. There is some validity to that. As for myself, Im not ready to say that means he will never be able to do this for us consistantly, but I can still accept that criticism of him as reasonable. Its just reality that he hasnt come through in a big spot for us yet.

There comes a point when you have to stop blaming everyone else and place blame where it belongs. Yes the offensive personel is not great. Yes the OL has been terrible. But, none of that means Tannehill hasnt had chances to make plays. He has. He just hasnt made those plays when it counted most so far.

Matty Ice has been in these situations all year and failed ONE time. Just last week he didnt get his team in the endzone with a chance to win late. Up to that point he had come through in that situation all year long. Yet, for some reason he was criticized for having to win close games. At the same time teams like the Giants and 9ers who are said to be superior to the Falcons are LOSING games to these so called bad teams. I dont get it.

You see these late game situations are where its time to pull your balls out. Right now in those critical spots, Tannehill is playing like a little ******. There has to be a point in time that he is successful more often than not in those spots or we will never be able to win anything with him at QB.

That just how it is. In the NFL, most games come down to these situations. The teams who have QBs that can come through in the clutch win and the teams who dont lose. Its as simple as that. I still believe that one day Tannehill might be able to come through in these situations, but right now he simply isnt getting it done.

Again its a get real thread. So you can either keep it real or keep it movin. So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

Way to quote a flaming, ghetto black dude at the end of your rant. Nice.

Anyway, saying that the QB position is the lone position you can say "if he plays better, your team could have won the game" is simply wrong. I can think of a couple of missed fgs (not kicked by our qb) that cost us a game.

Another spot on review. Tannehill played like crap indeed, but these people saying he's a bust are just hilarious. I wonder what would've happened if Indianapolis got rid of Peyton Manning after his first few bad games during HIS rookie season? :ponder:

PS. I'm NOT comparing the two! So settle down people!

Matty Ice has been in these situations all year and failed ONE time. Just last week he didnt get his team in the endzone with a chance to win late. Up to that point he had come through in that situation all year long. Yet, for some reason he was criticized for having to win close games. At the same time teams like the Giants and 9ers who are said to be superior to the Falcons are LOSING games to these so called bad teams. I dont get it.
I agree with a lot of what you've written (including this thread), and you have a point about Tannehill, but you gotta let the Matty Ice thing go. It's been four years now, and we need to focus on our present situation, not on how well a certain Atlanta Falcons QB is progressing in his career.

Way to quote a flaming, ghetto black dude at the end of your rant. Nice.

Anyway, saying that the QB position is the lone position you can say "if he plays better, your team could have won the game" is simply wrong. I can think of a couple of missed fgs (not kicked by our qb) that cost us a game.

First of all, that flaming ghetto dude is funny. Get real about it and put your prejudices aside. Dude was funny.

The 2nd part dosent hold true every game. I thought I was clear about that. For instance, the first Jests games there were several players where you could say we win the game if they get the job done. Crapenter in the first Jests game is a prime example.

All I was saying is that was the case last night. Tannehill was the one player you could say with certainty that had he played better we win that game. In the NFL, its often the case you can say that about the QB position. Much more often than not, it is the case. Especially in games vs. bad teams like Buffalo who are beatable in so many ways.

It takes a lot of players not getting the job done to lose to Buffalo. They are the kind of team that will allow you to beat them in multiple ways and multiple aspects of the game. All it took was a decent job by the QB and you beat that team even with everyone else playing poorly, thats how bad Buffalo is. And thats how you see teams with great QBs win a lot of games vs. bad teams when the rest of their team has a bad game. How many times have you seen Brady or Peyton pull a game out of the fire when the rest of their team was beaten all day? Exactly.

First of all, that flaming ghetto dude is funny. Get real about it and put your prejudices aside. Dude was funny.

The 2nd part dosent hold true every game. I thought I was clear about that. For instance, the first Jests games there were several players where you could say we win the game if they get the job done. Crapenter in the first Jests game is a prime example.

All I was saying is that was the case last night. Tannehill was the one player you could say with certainty that had he played better we win that game. In the NFL, its often the case you can say that about the QB position. Much more often than not, it is the case. Especially in games vs. bad teams like Buffalo who are beatable in so many ways.

It takes a lot of players not getting the job done to lose to Buffalo. They are the kind of team that will allow you to beat them in multiple ways and multiple aspects of the game. All it took was a decent job by the QB and you beat that team even with everyone else playing poorly, thats how bad Buffalo is. And thats how you see teams with great QBs win a lot of games vs. bad teams when the rest of their team has a bad game. How many times have you seen Brady or Peyton pull a game out of the fire when the rest of their team was beaten all day? Exactly.

Prejudice? I honestly thought it was funny that you "went there, girlfrennn."

Your post is completely foolish. Jake Long has been an all pro every year of his career. He WILL be a hall of famer. He is having a down year but he WILL improve and has NOT been as bad as you have suggested. Reggie is NOT that bad either. Sure he's injury prone but that's why we have good depth. The truth is we have more cap and picks going into 2013 than any team in the league. I expect everyone excpet for maybe Clemons and Mcdaniel to be resigned. We will be a great team once again in thanks to our great GM. You will see IN THE FUTURE just how incorrect and quite frankly inept you are at judging football talent.
My post is brilliant and 100% accurate. Jake Long has been in the pro bowl on name recognition alone, particularly the last 2 years (not just this year kiddo). But hey, at least Reggie is "not that bad." I mean, he isn't good, but at least he isn't Lawrence Phillips, amirite?

By the way, welcome back to the site.

I like you, Gonz, but I can't help you with reading comprehension . There IS a difference between reserving judgment and unwarranted comparisons.
I like me too Davey, but you might want to review your own reading comprehension skills. Fortunately, I can help you. I never said there wasn't a difference between reserving judgement and unwarranted comparisons. That makes no sense. That's not a lack of reading comprehension on my part, that's an error in prose.

I never made any sort of unwarranted comparison. I've actually never made any sort of comparison of Tannehill to any other quarterback. I was referring to other threads that actually do have unwarranted criticism and comparisons (check SPAM). That being said, it is most certainly not to early to critique his play. It's fair to do so after every game. Hell, it's okay to do so after every play within reason. And that's the key. You seem to be lumping all criticisms in together, from the "he played like **** this past game" to the "he's a bust." They're not even remotely the same thing. At no point did anybody in this thread call him a bust (unless a crazy snuck in and posted and I missed it). But some of us don't need a full year to see where he needs to improve his game. Nobody in this thread is saying we need to start Moore because he didn't play well (starting Moore would be absolutely idiotic). But we are saying that when he has the ball with under a minute to go and no timeouts, that maybe, just maybe, he should make a better decision than to throw the ball behind a double-covered slot receiver in the middle of the field.

That doesn't mean he sucks. That doesn't mean he isn't the future of the franchise. All it means is that it's something to watch for throughout the rest of the season to see how he adapts to teams having more tape on him and to having very little help from his receivers and overpaid linemen. That's what this season is for since playoffs aren't realistic (though the chatter will start again after our next win...whenever we manage that). It's to watch the progression of our high potential QB. Criticism is 100% okay.

After sleeping on the game, Jake Long still sucks and the OL is still the biggest problem on this football team.

Unreal that the Bills can rush four guys all night, not stack to stop the rushing game, and Miami can neither run nor protect the quarterback.

Exactly. Yet, somehow, Tannehill is the source of hatred here. Unreal

Where is there any Tannehill hatred in this thread? You must be confusing it with other threads. This thread has some of his biggest supporters, myself included.

I've been saying for weeks that this team is 4 to 6 players away from being a contender.

After the way we've been exposed the last couple of weeks, I stand corrected. We are at least 6 to 8 players away. I have to agree that Long, Incognito and Bush are over rated. Thats 3 players right there we need to trade or let go at the end of this season. We need to add a pash rusher, a couple (at least) OL, a NUMBER ONE reciever, two - maybe three db's, and for pete's sake a kicker.

Also, now is the time to let Thomas and Miller carry the load and let Mathews, Clay and even Egnew get lots of playing time to see if they can develop.

I like me too Davey, but you might want to review your own reading comprehension skills. Fortunately, I can help you. I never said there wasn't a difference between reserving judgement and unwarranted comparisons. That makes no sense. That's not a lack of reading comprehension on my part, that's an error in prose.

I never made any sort of unwarranted comparison. I've actually never made any sort of comparison of Tannehill to any other quarterback. I was referring to other threads that actually do have unwarranted criticism and comparisons (check SPAM). That being said, it is most certainly not to early to critique his play. It's fair to do so after every game. Hell, it's okay to do so after every play within reason. And that's the key. You seem to be lumping all criticisms in together, from the "he played like **** this past game" to the "he's a bust." They're not even remotely the same thing. At no point did anybody in this thread call him a bust (unless a crazy snuck in and posted and I missed it). But some of us don't need a full year to see where he needs to improve his game. Nobody in this thread is saying we need to start Moore because he didn't play well (starting Moore would be absolutely idiotic). But we are saying that when he has the ball with under a minute to go and no timeouts, that maybe, just maybe, he should make a better decision than to throw the ball behind a double-covered slot receiver in the middle of the field.

That doesn't mean he sucks. That doesn't mean he isn't the future of the franchise. All it means is that it's something to watch for throughout the rest of the season to see how he adapts to teams having more tape on him and to having very little help from his receivers and overpaid linemen. That's what this season is for since playoffs aren't realistic (though the chatter will start again after our next win...whenever we manage that). It's to watch the progression of our high potential QB. Criticism is 100% okay.

No, its a problem with your reading comprehension because I wasn't referring to you with any of my posts in this thread. You took something personal and ran with it. I never said that YOU made any unwarranted comparisons.

breathe... take a step back

Where is there any Tannehill hatred in this thread? You must be confusing it with other threads. This thread has some of his biggest supporters, myself included.

Where did I say "...source of hatred ON THIS PARTICULAR THREAD"? I meant "here" as in on these forums in general, but I can see how you misinterpreted that.

I've been saying for weeks that this team is 4 to 6 players away from being a contender.

After the way we've been exposed the last couple of weeks, I stand corrected. We are at least 6 to 8 players away. I have to agree that Long, Incognito and Bush are over rated. Thats 3 players right there we need to trade or let go at the end of this season. We need to add a pash rusher, a couple (at least) OL, a NUMBER ONE reciever, two - maybe three db's, and for pete's sake a kicker.

Also, now is the time to let Thomas and Miller carry the load and let Mathews, Clay and even Egnew get lots of playing time to see if they can develop.

Lol, we don't have much talent but we don't need to find that many good players to be contenders. I stand by what I said earlier in this thread, Cam Wake is a top 5 pass rusher in my book, and Starks is a great interior pass rusher. If we can find someone halfway decent to replace Odrick our D-line can mask a lot of our flaws in the secondary. Not sure if Vernon is the guy just yet. That'd be priority #1 for me. Number 2 would be saving 12 million in Jake Long, and actually UPGRADING the position by putting Martin in his original position, and paying a couple mill in FA to get a solid right tackle. I'd like to see Jerry gone as well, or at least lose another 30 pounds. Still too fat for our style of blocking. Hopefully the last weak link on the line would be Incog who we can dump in 2014.

Number three: Get a wr in FA. There are some solid options and we have money to spend. If you have to pay more to get him do it, this position needs a major deepthreat. I think it's amazing how Tannehill is one of the better deep ball QBs with NO deep threat. This would help him tremendously. A guy like Wallace or Harvin or Bowe would allow Hartline and Bess to get open more as well.

Lastly, I think 2 of our first 5 picks should be FS and corner. Stick Marshall in the nickel, draft a boundary corner opposite of Smith, and replace Clemons. That'd be a perfect offseason for me. And really it's not so much getting a whole bunch of great players as it is letting go of dead weight like Long, Bush,Clemons, etc.

I think Long is going to be cheaper than we think. I expect him to come back. Reggie might be cheap too. I dont want us to draft another rb this year. I think we should just incorporate lamar miller more.

I do think we will let incognito and fasano walk. Maybe bush as well but if hes really cheap ill take him again

Back
Top Bottom