Xavien Howard hoping for healthy second season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard hoping for healthy second season

B/c it's not new and it's history speaks for itself which has nothing to do with talent, or lack thereof, concerning last year's roster.
By this logic. If we just ran the 46 defense in honor of the 85 Bears, we would be unstoppable. Because the talent does not matter...

PS - 46 is obviously obsolete, so don't even...

By this logic. If we just ran the 46 defense in honor of the 85 Bears, we would be unstoppable. Because the talent does not matter...

PS - 46 is obviously obsolete, so don't even...

That's not logic you're using. The 46 defense was notorious for giving up explosive plays and was rendered virtually useless by the short passing game that still thrives today. It's value came vs the run heavy offenses of year's past. So despite talent it's an archaic scheme. Much like the one we use.

That's not logic you're using. The 46 defense was notorious for giving up explosive plays and was rendered virtually useless by the short passing game that still thrives today. It's value came vs the run heavy offenses of year's past. So despite talent it's an archaic scheme. Much like the one we use.
Did you not read my PS?

If you are saying all that matters is scheme, not talent. And because we are running a "faulty" scheme in your eyes its BAD.

Then I am just rebutting with.. With this logic and If the talent doesn't matter, then lets just run a well regarded scheme (Seattle Cover 3) and we will instantly win a Super Bowl...

Even though I am prefacing this, you will still probably respond with something along the lines of, "We don't have the personnel, or whatever, blah blah. "

At any rate, keep trying guy...

Maybe one day you can be Todd McShay's makeup artist....

If you are saying all that matters is scheme, not talent.

Never said talent does not matter at all. But a poor scheme does render talent null and void if you're not putting your players in the best chance to succeed by not implementing a progressive system to stay up with today's trends. Fact is our scheme is based off a single head coaches gameplan vs a specific divisional opponent that was used in the late 90's.

941- I don't know if you have seen what Sons usually posts in regards to the scheme, but he never says that simply changing the scheme will fix things. He has thoroughly explained why he has a disdain for this D, and it makes plenty of sense. An infusion of talent no doubt will make it better, but ultimately it just doesn't work out very well (historically)

941- I don't know if you have seen what Sons usually posts in regards to the scheme, but he never says that simply changing the scheme will fix things. He has thoroughly explained why he has a disdain for this D, and it makes plenty of sense. An infusion of talent no doubt will make it better, but ultimately it just doesn't work out very well (historically)
I don't know if you have noticed Travis. But you can please stop beckoning to your buddies aid every time I may disagree with him.

If I didn't know better I would think you were Eric Trump and he is Donald Jr. Or as Bill Maher would call them, eh, never mind...

I have read at length the jargon that Sons thinks is the Gospel flowing out of his mouth from the heavens above.....

Fact is, I actually disagree with your confidant. With the appropriate personnel, in this pass happy, ever changing NFL, I feel like this attacking scheme could be extremely effective. Getting Wake and Harris out in the 9, our physical corners winning early and playing an opportunistic brand, Reshad ranging (Real FS Would Help). Obviously this coming together with the brand of offense we are going to play, it may aid in mastering how to play complimentary football...

I see the whole picture (or as much as possible from a fans perspective). I don't get fixed on how many times Jim Schwartz scratched his balls in DET when they ran wide 9.

With the appropriate personnel, in this pass happy, ever changing NFL, I feel like this attacking scheme could be extremely effective. Getting Wake and Harris out in the 9, our physical corners winning early and playing an opportunistic brand, Reshad ranging (Real FS Would Help). Obviously this coming together with the brand of offense we are going to play, it may aid in mastering how to play complimentary football...

I see the whole picture (or as much as possible from a fans perspective). I don't get fixed on how many times Jim Schwartz scratched his balls in DET when they ran wide 9.

Correction: a Dolphin's fan perspective.

Against today's quick pass heavy offenses you need to be able to disguise and confuse the QB and protection sets. Pre-snap mind games account for about 2/3's of what defenses need to do in order to offset their disadvantage of having to react. We rarely blitz (>15%), so we make it easier on opposing offenses and offer very little in post snap back 7 coverage changes. It is what it is and it's simple with a exclamation on quick pressure or failure due to press and zone coverages.

Also a valid concern with wide set pass rush sets is it often puts the edge rushers in a less than desirable position of being behind the passer if he can't flatten out with the QB's drop. It allows the QB to easily step up in the pocket and doesn't move him off his launch point or flush him out of the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom