Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time

That's pathetic. Why do you hate a guy who won the charity award for the Dolphins and was man of the year for the Dolphins? He just went to a pro bowl to, I just don't get it. Why do so many of our Dolphins fans HATE so many players on the team? SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Chris Chambers is the most over-rated receiver on this team. He simply hasn't lived up to his promise. Yes, he had one Pro Bowl year. A fluke. Winning a charity award, while very noble, doesn't translate to ability on the field of play.

In no articular order my favorite Dolphins are:

Dan Marino
Bob Griese
Larry Csonka
Don Shula
Jason Taylor

I noticed as I read this thread that your favorite Dolphin has a lot to do with your age. I for one being on the older side of my football career, remember the Dolphins going to three straight Super Bowls I was 10 yrs old when that started. So for me it would be Csonka, Manny, Jake Scott, Dick Anderson, Merucry Morris and all of the ’72 team. When you’re a young kid these guy’s were like “god’sâ€Â. As you get older and the season’s go by you pick new guys, Marino, Offerdahl, Nat Moore, Dwight Stevenson best center EVER, AJ Duhe, just to name a few. Of course now you have Zack, JT, Ronnie, Welker. But my all time Dolphin would have to be the person who put the whole thing together, “Shula

†if it weren’t for him we wouldn’t have had the pleasure of praisng a lot of the “Older Dolphinsâ€Â.

I noticed as I read this thread that your favorite Dolphin has a lot to do with your age. I for one being on the older side of my football career, remember the Dolphins going to three straight Super Bowls I was 10 yrs old when that started. So for me it would be Csonka, Manny, Jake Scott, Dick Anderson, Merucry Morris and all of the ’72 team. When you’re a young kid these guy’s were like “god’sâ€Â. As you get older and the season’s go by you pick new guys, Marino, Offerdahl, Nat Moore, Dwight Stevenson best center EVER, AJ Duhe, just to name a few. Of course now you have Zack, JT, Ronnie, Welker. But my all time Dolphin would have to be the person who put the whole thing together, “Shula

†if it weren’t for him we wouldn’t have had the pleasure of praising a lot of the €œOlder Dolphinsâ€Â.

Well said.

I was just wondering (just to get away from all of those bashing threads and stuff) who are you guyses most favorite dolphin player or coach and why...for me i would have to say Chris Chambers...I just like the effort he gives to always get that extra yard and all of his amazing catches...thanks

Dan "the Man" Marino

There can only be one.:p4e:

†if it weren’t for him we wouldn’t have had the pleasure of praising a lot of the “Older Dolphinsâ€Â.

One of the better posts I have seen on this site. Extremely well said. Thanks.

I just found this today ... Larry Csonka made USA Today's "All-time Super Bowl team honors clutch performers". So did offensive guard Larry Little.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/super/2007-01-23-sw-all-super-bowl-team_x.htm

I like this quote:

"His nose was so bent, I always thought he had to breathe through his ears," says NFL Films President Steve Sabol, one of a handful of people to have seen all 40 Super Bowls. "All you needed to know about Larry Csonka you could get from his helmet. It had so many dents with different colors from other collisions. It looked like it had been dragged 10 miles behind a pickup.

"Csonka didn't run to daylight. He created it on his own."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/super/2007-01-24-sw-team-running-backs_x.htm#fullbacks

He was before my time, but Csonka sounded like my kind of football player! I bet a lot of today's NFL players could learn a thing or two about toughness from Csonka. :D

Back
Top Bottom