Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your One Favorite Dolphin Of All Time

I would say for myself #95 Tim Bowens, playing HS/C football, I always liked how he could clog the middle and did it for a long time.

Next

Richmond Webb/Keith Sims
Marino
Offerdahl (he made some good bagels too)

Had i not had a bad experience with MR.Prick (Marino) I would have chosen him, but since that is not the case i say the Marks brothers.

Offense:
1. Marino..... Duper & Clayton
2. Ricky Williams
Defense
1. Offerdahl, Z. Thomas, and AJ Duhe
2. Trace Armstrong & Jason Taylor

Honarable mention: Oliver, Gadsen, Tim Bowens/Gardner together, Madison/Surtain in their prime

I didn't start watching the Phins until the mid 80's, so I can't say any of the great Dolphins from the 70's are my favorite, but I do have a few favorites from the mid 80's till now:

1) Dan Marino (he's the reason I became a Dolphins fan)

2) O.J. McDuffie (tough, and caught nothing but 1st downs)

3) Ronnie Brown (I've been defending him so much lately, he's just grown on me:tongue: )

4) The Mark's Brothers (they were good)

5) Zach Thomas & Jason Taylor (they're the face of our defense)

Needless to say, I have a few favorites, and the list will continue to grow:dolphins:

Shula, of course, the ultimate Dolphin.
Marino, Dupe, Blackwood brothers, Zonk, Nat Moore, Griese etc. etc. There's just to many great ones to choose just one. I'm prejudiced, I guess, loved most all of them. There were a few, like Tony Nathan, that were on my personel dis-like list.

Marino (by a lot)
Griese
JT
ZT
Offerdahl
BTW, Curious to see so many list Csonka. He was quite unpopular when he left to go to the WFL and then later to the Giants. Many blamed the Joe Robbie ($), but just as many were upset at Csonka. Time heals all wounds, I guess.

this is tought, but I'd have to say Dan is my #1 guy

but he's followed closely by JT/Zach (it's true...u really cant have one without the other), Ronnie, Offerdahl, Louis Oliver, and McDuffie

And an underappreicated guy: LAMAR SMITH!!!! I'll never forget that 2001 wild card game against Indy in OT...the first playoff game since Marino's retirement and Lamar Smith COMES UP HUGE!!!!!

Marino (by a lot)
Griese
JT
ZT
Offerdahl
BTW, Curious to see so many list Csonka. He was quite unpopular when he left to go to the WFL and then later to the Giants. Many blamed the Joe Robbie ($), but just as many were upset at Csonka. Time heals all wounds, I guess.

Ah but remember, he did come back for a farewell season and ran very well.

He's just one of the most unique and classic players in NFL history.

13 broken noses.................

Csonka hands down. The man could beat grizzly bears to death, that's how tough he was. All you need to do is see him playing with those broke noses and blood and snot stuck in his moustach and him still wanting the ball. What an animal!!

Speaking of animals ... did you know that Larry Csonka has a show on the "Versus" channel? If you like hunting and fishing and Larry you might have this channel available.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/1240/?UserDef=true&catID=78

I read somewhere that Channing Crowder likes to hunt and fish. Maybe he could start recording the show on his DVR. He could get some tips and ideas from a fellow Dolphin player. I'm sure Larry's just as good at hunting and fishing as he was at playing football. He's a Hall of Famer.

Back
Top Bottom