Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round.

It would be more interesting than any other move, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be shy about drafting someone with a demonstrated ability to succeed in big games. Tannehill may look the part in some respects but it's never fully translated to the scoreboard. During his final season at Texas A&M that team had a huge power rating, lots of talented players, the lead in countless games, yet finished 7-6.

Give him more time. That theory never impresses me as much as the fact that a guy wasn't playing and thriving at an early age. Projections are supposed to be cheap. Eighth pick isn't cheap.

I don't care about the tape. Big picture situational scope is more relevant, IMO. Tannehill doesn't fare well by that measure. A guy like Bridgewater does. You don't need wide receiver excuses for his career. He started immediately as a freshman and won a BCS bowl game as a big underdog against an SEC powerhouse his sophomore season. Give me that resume and I'll take my chances, above all the fretting about an individual workout.
When it comes down to it, I don't agree and wouldn't like a QB in the first. But this^ is well said.

This is not too far fetched, let's say RT has the season he had last season. He goes into free agency where everyone gets overpaid, would you overpay for him? I wouldn't, therefore you draft a QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My reaction would be like that spoof video I saw on You Tube a few years back showing Hitler's reaction to the Dolphins drafting Ted Ginn. If someone can post it, it's hilarious.

wK5AZab-1.gif

So you will take your chances on a QB just because he wins a BCS bowl games as a sophomore? Lets see....Time Tebow, Ej Manuel, Vince Young.

Thank you - this years slate of QBs are less than Tannehill is right now - this is "people talking while they wait for the draft"

In fact all these QBs could just as easily start to be selected in the 2nd rd.I don't see the genius in any of them

My reaction would be like that spoof video I saw on You Tube a few years back showing Hitler's reaction to the Dolphins drafting Ted Ginn. If someone can post it, it's hilarious.

Couldn't find that one but here's one from Tony's last year.

[video=youtube_share;CtoJDtU3UDs]http://youtu.be/CtoJDtU3UDs[/video]

if they picked one up in the 4th round I would be surprised, if they picked one up in the first round it would mean that they hired the wrong GM. :d-day:

It might not happen in the 1st round but it wouldn't surprise me if Miami drafted a QB in the 3rd or beyond.

Back
Top Bottom