Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round.

I don't understand why the QB is so sacrosanct that you can't draft competition and a potential replacement if he doesn't work out. Why draft a guy who you already know isn't as good as the guy you have? That makes no sense. Shouldn't we draft a Bridgewater or a Manziel if we feel that there are risks that need mitigating and that we're getting the player at good value in the draft? I would. You can't find anything other than a backup in FA because - guess what - starter calibre QBs don't hit FA much.

This deification of the QB is becoming outdated and people are going to have to adjust a little. I can see the QB role being split up by an innovative NFL team in the near future. Even if that doesn't happen, spending high picks on more than one QB till you get it right isn't a bad idea, it's complete common sense. All you need is a secure HC and a secure GM, run by a savvy owner.

What? Oh.

I don't understand why the QB is so sacrosanct that you can't draft competition and a potential replacement if he doesn't work out. Why draft a guy who you already know isn't as good as the guy you have? That makes no sense. Shouldn't we draft a Bridgewater or a Manziel if we feel that there are risks that need mitigating and that we're getting the player at good value in the draft? I would. You can't find anything other than a backup in FA because - guess what - starter calibre QBs don't hit FA much.

This deification of the QB is becoming outdated and people are going to have to adjust a little. I can see the QB role being split up by an innovative NFL team in the near future. Even if that doesn't happen, spending high picks on more than one QB till you get it right isn't a bad idea, it's complete common sense. All you need is a secure HC and a secure GM, run by a savvy owner.

What? Oh.

Hear! Hear!!

I know if I'm a HC and my unproven QB has a bad half my backup would be getting a lot of starts in the second half.

Hear! Hear!!

I know if I'm a HC and my unproven QB has a bad half my backup would be getting a lot of starts in the second half.

If they think that QB can be a good one then you can't take him out at the first sign of trouble. Maybe here and there but a QB cannot develop while constantly afraid to make mistakes knowing he will be yanked.

If they think that QB can be a good one then you can't take him out at the first sign of trouble. Maybe here and there but a QB cannot develop while constantly afraid to make mistakes knowing he will be yanked.

I understand the pitfalls of this strategy but I want my QB to play every snap like the game is on the line, to me Tannehill looks like a much better QB in those instances when the game actually is on the line but I think he's [STRIKE]a little[/STRIKE] way too lackadaisical at times.

151046-1.jpg

What? Oh.
I would be worried about splitting the locker room

I just hope that when/if the fins pick at 19, we arent left with a "whos that" after they announce the player. I have a bad feeling they may reach for a player not rated that high at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope that when/if the fins pick at 19, we arent left with a "whos that" after they announce the player. I have a bad feeling they may reach for a player not rated that high at all.

My exact same feeling.

You mean like the Eddie Moore, Jamar Fletcher and Ted Ginn, Jr (and his family) picks. Yeah, we have a wonderful history of that kind of high draft mistakes with this franchise.

You mean like the Eddie Moore, Jamar Fletcher and Ted Ginn, Jr (and his family) picks. Yeah, we have a wonderful history of that kind of high draft mistakes with this franchise.

Yes, Its like they try to show everyone how smart they are by drafting like morons. Its even worst when a highly rated player at a postion of need is sitting there and we pass for Billy Bob Smith from North Cottonball State U instead.

Back
Top Bottom