Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round.

Awsi Dooger said:
It would be more interesting than any other move, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be shy about drafting someone with a demonstrated ability to succeed in big games. Tannehill may look the part in some respects but it's never fully translated to the scoreboard. During his final season at Texas A&M that team had a huge power rating, lots of talented players, the lead in countless games, yet finished 7-6.

Give him more time. That theory never impresses me as much as the fact that a guy wasn't playing and thriving at an early age. Projections are supposed to be cheap. Eighth pick isn't cheap.

I don't care about the tape. Big picture situational scope is more relevant, IMO. Tannehill doesn't fare well by that measure. A guy like Bridgewater does. You don't need wide receiver excuses for his career. He started immediately as a freshman and won a BCS bowl game as a big underdog against an SEC powerhouse his sophomore season. Give me that resume and I'll take my chances, above all the fretting about an individual workout

say that, then take Bortles that never had BCS recruiting for his WRs or line and beat a team many had winning by 40 points in a BCS game...Id go with bortles in a heart beat...the man knows when to run, when to throw it away and has a better long ball than tannehill...hes not as fast but hes built to take more hits than tannehill and after last year you don't know how shell shocked tannehill is...having 2 qbs that can start in the NFL isn't a bad problem to have...

also bortles works better outside of the pocket (which tannehill does as well)...if bortles is there when we pick he can be used as trade bait for someone wanting to come back up or we can pick him up...you do not just ignore him...

Whenever there is a thread that questions Tannehill's development or whether Tannehill was the right pick (compared to Wilson as evidenced by the recent 70+ page thread) I am amazed at the amount of irrational overoptimistic analysis of Tannehill's performance in the NFL. You want to get a realistic analysis of Tannehill look at what is said about him by people associated with other team's bulletin boards.

It's time to get real. Tannehill was not a successful quarterback in college. Prior posts have reminded us of the fact that he only was able to start during his last two years in college and that his final season was less than stellar. Manzell took that same team and won a Heisman trophy. Tannehill could only manage 7-6.

It is important to remember that as a pro quarterback Tannehill still doesn't have a winning season. His end of season collapse last year exposed significant questions about whether he has the strength of character to be a franchise quarterback. His technical game has obvious deficiencies, particularly in pocket presence and in throwing the long ball. After two years it is still an open question as to whether he has what it takes to be a franchise quarterback. With enough time he might develop in that direction, but it is equally likely that he could also fall flat on his face. If you're honest in your evaluation you will admit that there are quarterbacks in this year's draft who could be competent replacements for where Tannehil is now.

Given the importance of the QB position in today's NFL, it is incumbent on a team to do everything possible to get a franchise quarterback. So, if the Dolphin's choose a QB in the first round I won't be disappointed. We need to keep drafting this position until we eventually find one. Hickey is not Jeff Ireland and is not wed to Tannehill in the same way Ireland was. Drafting a QB would be a statement on Hickey's part that he is his own man and is not tied to Ireland's decisions. If Philbin is smart he will also realize that when your GM finds you talent you put that talent on the field. Remember, Shula had no problem with benching Woodley and Strock in order to play Marino.

Like a Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater.

http://i.imgur.com/PHZNXLr.gif

IMO IF and a BIG IF we did grab a QB in the first , the only one i would even think about Taking would be Bortles , that would be the only one i would even think about giving up our 1st on , but we have alot of other needs such as OL ,TE , and LB , heres hopeing we have Ebron fall to 19 , but will most likely gone .

I think trading Tannehill for a first and second round pick, Then drafting a Bridgewater or Bortles, would make perfect sense.

First Round: Bridgewater and Eric Ebron/Zach Martin
Second Round: Martavis Bryant Antonio Richardson..

my, my my

Last edited by a moderator:
I think trading Tannehill for a first and second round pick, Then drafting a Bridgewater or Bortles, would make perfect sense.

my, my my

Why do you hate the Dolphins....why do you want them to fail...

my, my my

If you think tannehill is good enough to be worth a first and a second why the hell would you want someone like teddy Bridgewater lol

If you think tannehill is good enough to be worth a first and a second why the hell would you want someone like teddy Bridgewater lol

The way that the Draft gurues are talking about Bridgewater dropping back in the draft it would be pretty Stupid to even think of drafting him in the first , it would be the start of the 3rd RD , with all the needs we are in , before i would even think about drafting Bridgewater.

87f8ab4d67b144c0864782392d812c63350x233x-1.gif

Not gonna happen. Looking at later rounds for guys like Murray who will be a lot cheaper than Moore.

I will be surprised, but not totally shocked. It tells me that Hickey and/or Philbin is not sold on Tannehill. The only one I really want, though, is Bortles. If it's not him, my reaction will be different. It also matters if a QB is the BPA or if it looks like we reach to get him.

If this happened, I'd have to brace for another rebuilding effort by Hickey. Ugh!

Especially in this draft class I like Tannehill better than what is available in the draft. Tannehill is pretty close to becoming a good QB right now, I don't like the odds of anybody in this class even getting that far. Not only that you give up the chance of getting an OL or LB in the first round that has a good chance of contributing. I especially like RT better with another 1st rd lineman to help protect him and actually help run the ball sometimes. Even a LB. Not that the D was all that bad last year but getting a LB improves defense, better chances to win games. I'd rather have RT AND another 1st round player at another position vs a 1st rd QB in this class.

The Jets QB situation is great, not only do they not have one but they think they do. In their case I like the odds of Johnny Football becoming a good QB compared to what they have.

Back
Top Bottom