ZERO Separation | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZERO Separation

I genuinely believe it's the positional coaching, route trees and overall design of the plays. Beasley is sprinting all the way across the field (horizontally) which is nearly impossible to guard if a QB has 4+ seconds to throw. You don't see anything like that in our offense. How many replays have you seen this year where 2 Mia WR are in the same basic spot when something bad happens (INT, tipped ball, drop, etc)? There is no flow whatsoever to Miami's offense, and they have 3 skill guys that most teams would love to have on their roster (Waddle, Geiseki, Parker), in addition to 2 RB's who are very dangerous in space on bubbles and wheel routes. I am in favor of only keeping Waddle and Geisiki after this year (and I mean literally none of the other skill players), along with Tua, and finding positional coaches (OL, WR) along with a WAY better OC, and see what happens. You also have a fortune to spend with the Cap if we don't panic and trade for Watson (which would just be lipstick on this pig without getting new coaches).
We;re not giving a QB 4 secondds to throw

We;re not giving a QB 4 secondds to throw

That's a big part of it. When you consider this OL past protection and the DL they're going up against the ball needs to come out extremely fast.

It's unfortunate but that's where we are at the moment.

The OL disaster is irrelevant because of the OC disaster.

And

The OC disaster is irrelevant because of the OL disaster.
Its possible the OL disaster stems from the OC problems. Our entire offense looks like garbage. Players lining up wrong, running poor routes, making braindead throws. Plenty of blame to go around.

I've seen/heard a lot of people ask why Tua doesn't audible, or if he even has the autonomy to audible. My question is, what is going to audible to?? Where are the designed chunk plays? I think he (Tua) just needs to draw up plays on the fly, like sandlot football. Get with receivers after practice, and say, "eff it." If Godsey, or whatever other OC moron, sends in this stupid a$$ play, and they're in this defense, I'm gonna tap the left side of my facemask, and Waddle's gonna run this route, Gesicki's gonna run this route, and Parker (if he's healthy enough to play) runs this route. Have maybe 5 variations of that each week. What's the worse thing that could happen, we lose again? :rolleyes:

Okay, so I’m going to flip this thread on its head a bit. I’d say 90% of the responses are on the o-line and coaching. That being said, how can we evaluate our qb in this mess and how will a different qb, supposedly, solve it? Would that even be the place to start to fix this mess?

Its possible the OL disaster stems from the OC problems. Our entire offense looks like garbage. Players lining up wrong, running poor routes, making braindead throws. Plenty of blame to go around.

The OL is it's own disaster. It can't be blamed on the OC's.

Without question the OL is the biggest problem with the team.

That said, the OC's haven't given anyone a reason to believe they are worth keeping.

The defensive coaching on this team is vastly superior to the offensive coaching.

This is one that concerns me the most. He clearly has the skills to be a difference maker but, despite his speed and elusiveness, the defense always knows where he’s going to be.
Waddle is fast but not elusive. Statistically he gets taken down by the first tackle more than about any other receiver in the league.

We still sucked with 2.3 seconds to throw. Always seems to be an excuse for Tua's poor performance.
playing behind this Oline will traumatize any QB. I want Watson, but lets not act like if Tua was given 3 seconds he wouldnt pick teams apart. GTFOH

playing behind this Oline will traumatize any QB. I want Watson, but lets not act like if Tua was given 3 seconds he wouldnt pick teams apart. GTFOH
No team averages that. Average is probably 2.5. Bills had 2.5 and we had little pressure.

The OL is it's own disaster. It can't be blamed on the OC's.

Without question the OL is the biggest problem with the team.

That said, the OC's haven't given anyone a reason to believe they are worth keeping.

The defensive coaching on this team is vastly superior to the offensive coaching.

Dunno. The OL looks better in 1Q when the game plan works. OCs are part of the problem

We said the same thing last year and added Waddle..Fuller (who?)..this is ALL COACHING. It's technique...it's design...it's playcalling....any Tua critics can skip this excuse post. It's true. Dead last a year ago. The same this year. As a flores defender....I'm ready for him to kick rocks...

Back
Top Bottom