Zim’s Grade For The Off-Season : Ummmmmm…The Off-Season Edition? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grade For The Off-Season : Ummmmmm…The Off-Season Edition?

I don't know, I tend to look at diehards of other teams as "experts", not the media, general fans or fantasy experts. As Dolphins fans we know that very well. He just said he was under utilized and has great potential, also does a lot of gadget plays
Okay. Then look at every other diehard Cowboys fan. 99.9% of them will tell you Lamb is better than Wilson. It’s common sense.

He will be much better this season and i would be surprised if he gets out of the Top 3 picks
AR15???

As a Gator fan, I'll say he made WAY too many stupid decisions to all of a sudden become a top 3 pick next year.

Having said that, there is no denying he has a very nice upside with all his big play ability. If he can be coached to cut down on half those mistakes, it would be great.

This off-season has made me question a lot of our moves since Grier took over as GM. It honestly seems like he tries to get the guys McDaniel wants. It makes you wonder how much influence Gase and Flores had in making him look incompetent outside of trades and contract structuring. The 2020 draft in particular was a nightmare of reaches (despite landing decent players later). Will have to wait to see how this season plays out.
Tannenbaum was still a key operative when Gase was here.

I love Wilson, but if your friend thinks he might be better than Lamb, he’s not too bright.
Gotta disagree here...

Wilson was sneaky good for Dallas last year. Give Wilson the number of looks that were forced into Lamb, and it'd be damned close.

Wilson is more apt to give you a TD than Lamb, 6 while not starting all year.

And he was BETTER than Lamb in the playoffs.

AR15???

As a Gator fan, I'll say he made WAY too many stupid decisions to all of a sudden become a top 3 pick next year.

Having said that, there is no denying he has a very nice upside with all his big play ability. If he can be coached to cut down on half those mistakes, it would be great.

As a Gator fan I agree with you but he got no coaching last year. That changes this year with Napier. I see tremendous strides and growth for him this season.

As a Gator fan I agree with you but he got no coaching last year. That changes this year with Napier. I see tremendous strides and growth for him this season.
Totally agree.

Trouble is, the WRs leave a lot to be desired and I'm not sure UF has a stellar RB room either. Not to mention the TEs.

Coaching should be superior, the talent surrounding him, not so much.

Totally agree.

Trouble is, the WRs leave a lot to be desired and I'm not sure UF has a stellar RB room either. Not to mention the TEs.

Coaching should be superior, the talent surrounding him, not so much.
If he is as truly talented he will still show it , there is so many things up in the air on offense I have no clue how good they will be hah but he has enough I think to show his NFL potential

The Tyreek Hill trade was a big win. The draft capital looks shocking at first but when you actually slot in the draft slots it looks a lot better...equivalent to a #7 or #8 pick. The money is big but you're telling me that you wouldn't draft at #7 and then resign Hill if he were on your team? Used properly he still provides excess value, esp. considering what it does for Waddle. Maybe the only real argument is we hope his speed doesn't drop off much his last year of contract.

Main beef I have: we need a real solution at RT, and marginal starter-level backup at swing tackle (who jessie davis was in his prime).

Overall a solid A, well above expectations let me just say as a lifelong dolphin fan!

The Tyreek Hill trade was a big win. The draft capital looks shocking at first but when you actually slot in the draft slots it looks a lot better...equivalent to a #7 or #8 pick. The money is big but you're telling me that you wouldn't draft at #7 and then resign Hill if he were on your team? Used properly he still provides excess value, esp. considering what it does for Waddle. Maybe the only real argument is we hope his speed doesn't drop off much his last year of contract.

Main beef I have: we need a real solution at RT, and marginal starter-level backup at swing tackle (who jessie davis was in his prime).

Overall a solid A, well above expectations let me just say as a lifelong dolphin fan!

I'd love to hear what problems you would reveal on an A+ - LOL

Wait….. Jessie Davis had a prime?? What game was that?? I honestly must have missed it.

If he is as truly talented he will still show it , there is so many things up in the air on offense I have no clue how good they will be hah but he has enough I think to show his NFL potential
Yeah, man! I was impressed quite often and then equally WTF a few times last year. He has a ton of potential, just has to beat those mistakes back.

Back
Top Bottom