Zim’s Grade For The Off-Season : Ummmmmm…The Off-Season Edition? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grade For The Off-Season : Ummmmmm…The Off-Season Edition?

If Grier made the pics I’d gave him an A. but he didn’t, McDaniel did and I’ll give him an A for his first draft.

Last edited:
Gotta disagree here...

Wilson was sneaky good for Dallas last year. Give Wilson the number of looks that were forced into Lamb, and it'd be damned close.

Wilson is more apt to give you a TD than Lamb, 6 while not starting all year.

And he was BETTER than Lamb in the playoffs.
If you want to live in fantasy land and truly believe that a guy that just signed for $7 million per year is better than first round pick Ceedee Lamb, a guy who has played 2 seasons and has more yards in each of them than Wilson has in his career, by all means be my guest.

I love the Wilson signing and I’m extremely optimistic about this upcoming season overall, but some of you people need to come back to reality. Wilson had really good numbers this year, but some of that was because the defense’s focus was on Lamb, Cooper, Schultz, and the running game. There is no logical argument to be made that Cedrick Wilson is better than Ceedee Lamb. None whatsoever.

If you want to live in fantasy land and truly believe that a guy that just signed for $7 million per year is better than first round pick Ceedee Lamb, a guy who has played 2 seasons and has more yards in each of them than Wilson has in his career, by all means be my guest.

I love the Wilson signing and I’m extremely optimistic about this upcoming season overall, but some of you people need to come back to reality. Wilson had really good numbers this year, but some of that was because the defense’s focus was on Lamb, Cooper, Schultz, and the running game. There is no logical argument to be made that Cedrick Wilson is better than Ceedee Lamb. None whatsoever.
The reality is that you are like a lot of people and that you are judging Lamb by his draft position, rather than anything else. This happens a lot, both in the NFL and especially here.
You questioned an actual Dallas fan's intelligence... said it's only common sense to... blahnik blah blah...
Many times, opportunity matters more than pedigree...
Take the 61 targets that Wilson received and compare his yards per targetaverage, percentage of catch to incompletions, number of TDs, etc to Lamb's 120 targets and you'll quickly see that Wilson has done MORE per opportunity than Lamb has... but go ahead, ignore the results and cling to draft position analysis.

Last edited:
The reality is that you are like a lot of people and that you are judging Lamb by his draft position, rather than anything else. This happens a lot, both in the NFL and especially here.
You questioned an actual Dallas fan's intelligence... said it's only common sense to... blahnik blah blah...
Many times, opportunity matters more than pedigree...
Take the 61 targets that Wilson received and compare his yards per targetaverage, percentage of catch to incompletions, number of TDs, etc to Lamb's 120 targets and you'll quickly see that Wilson has done MORE per opportunity than Lamb has... but go ahead, ignore the results and cling to draft position analysis.
Guy was drafted in the first round and has completely lived up to expectations. Dallas doesn’t just give him more targets just because. They give him more targets because he’s a better player. It’s not that difficult to figure out.

“Ignore the results.” Okay the results are that Cedrick Wilson didn’t even see the field in his first year and had a whopping 235 yards in years 2 and 3 combined.

Wilson drafted in 2018: 837 yards and 8 TDs

Lamb drafted in 2020: 2037 yards and 11 TDs

Like I said, keep living in fantasy land.

Last edited:
I've been a Grier backer for quite some time now. I think the nay-sayers have missed the boat on just how many (most) of his last 4 years worth of picks are succeeding somewhere in the NFL. His hits to miss ratio has been very high.
That said, i REALLY liked this year's offseason. It was the best offseason I've EVER seen by a Miami GM, and I've been a fan since '70 or so.
To add to that, my free agent hope this offseason was for Miami to get Armstead. That was the primary player I wanted. There's no way I ever thought Hill would even be available. Grier was bold and moved quickly to get him.

As a fan since 1970, you understand and saw first-hand how important Paul Warfield was to that team. I think Hill could have that impact. Safeties will not be able to cheat in to stop the run.

I also think Grier has done a good job and believe Tua will prove to be worth his draft position.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I happen to be one of those individuals who thinks Tua was still the right pick. I don’t see Herbert having any more success with the Dolphins the last two years than Tua had. I believe with the new coaching staff and the added talent on offense, Tua is going to have a great 2023 season.

Jackson was listed as one of the top tackles in the 2020 draft and he was expected to be drafted in the middle of the first round. He was also expected to be a young player who would take a couple of years to develop and not a player who was likely ready to come in and start immediately. Unfortunately for him, the OL was so bad, he was forced into the lineup before he was ready and the lack of a quality OL coach certainly hampered his development, as it did the other young offensive linemen.

Hopefuly with better coaching and 2 years in the league, he will finally develop into a better player in 2022. If not, they will just have to use a first round pick in 2023 to draft another tackle.

Iggy was a terrible first round pick but I believe that was the player Flores wanted and Grier went along with what his HC wanted with that 3rd pick in the first round. That was the only mistake I saw in the first round of that draft at the time of the draft.
I agree on Tua, but I wanted Jefferson badly. I'm still hopeful that better coaching could help some of the young offensive linemen, Jackson included.

Iggy was a reach. Most draft sites had him in that late 2nd/3rd round range.

The 2021 draft could be one of the best in Miami's history.

I'm content with him right now. Just can't wait for the season to start.

I don't know, I tend to look at diehards of other teams as "experts", not the media, general fans or fantasy experts. As Dolphins fans we know that very well. He just said he was under utilized and has great potential, also does a lot of gadget plays
Good job by you not reacting negatively to that unnecessary comment.

Back
Top Bottom