Zim’s Grades For The Game Week 1 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game Week 1 Edition

Smythe and Ingold were clutch today. Loved that they got involved.

A play that slipped through the radar was an Ahmed run where he broke a tackle at the line and ripped off 9 or 10 yards. I think it was on our first scoring drive. Was really nice.

Zach Sieler showing why he got that extension. Huge sack.

just some ramblings
And the broadcast showed Wilkins after that sack. Wilkins had a good game but there were multiple times when the TV cut to him after plays that he was not the main star on.

And the broadcast showed Wilkins after that sack. Wilkins had a good game but there were multiple times when the TV cut to him after plays that he was not the main star on.
He had back to back plays in the backfield on one drive that were awesome. On the sack I didn’t think he was in on it really

What might get lost in todays win was Mike McDaniel not taking a knee with 9 seconds left in the 1st half and the Dolphins having the ball on THEIR OWN 25 yard line and scoring a FG. In a game we won by 2 points that was the difference. Today might have been McDaniel’s best game as a head coach
Great point. That play mattered.

I mean at some point you take what they give you. It was pretty apparent from the start this was a shootout. Don't score? You lose. Exactly what happened.
Yes. Pretty much what you said. Great teams these days can win a shootout. We haven't been able to go shot for shot offensively with good teams for as long as I can remember. I'm fine with letting the D catch up a bit while we win games due to fire power on offense. This is what happened today. When was the last time we could legit say that as Miami fans? I'm happy.

What might get lost in todays win was Mike McDaniel not taking a knee with 9 seconds left in the 1st half and the Dolphins having the ball on THEIR OWN 25 yard line and scoring a FG. In a game we won by 2 points that was the difference. Today might have been McDaniel’s best game as a head coach
He might be the only HC in the entire league that wouldn’t have taken a knee in that situation. While I love his ,”go for it” attitude. I sometimes wonder if he played too much Madden football growing up.

unclear to me how to grade the OL. could give them the A on the basis off pass pro. but the run game was not great. i have no idea how much of that was the OL, how much of that was the play calling (never really tried to establish the run) and how much of it is the backs. i don't think the backs were the problem...soooo?????
They only ran the ball 20 times. Not enough to really gauge IMO. They kept Tua clean on 45 drop backs against Mack and Bosa. That's an A+ all day period!

That Tua interception was an arm punt on 3rd and long. Who cares? We would have been ecstatic for a punt the next play to put us in the same spot.
Yes, but we were on the 27. No way they were punting from that close.

1st and 2nd downs were throwing downs, and both were incomplete (although I though Tua could have ran that 1st down in). We used 12 seconds in 2 plays. You can't do that there. Yes, you want to score, but you need to be smart. If you score on 1st down, fine. Let your defense win the game. But, you need to run on 1 of those 2 downs, if not both. I'm not saying you don't score, but a great coach uses more clock there.
I don't get why McD didn't bleed the clock way down to nothing. You don't want to give your opponent a great chance to beat you with 2 minutes and a couple of time outs!

Back
Top Bottom