Zim’s Grades For The Game Week 1 Edition | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game Week 1 Edition

Great win, Tua came up huge and Hill might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in the league.

That being said, the defense was straight ass. Everyone who touched the ball on the Chargers gashed this defense. Joshua Kelley is not good, and he looked like an All Pro. I fully expect them to get better, but they are going to have to or else I don't see how this team can make the playoffs.

Yes, but we were on the 27. No way they were punting from that close.
yes. they were in field goal range. that was a big mistake. tua played great, but that was bad. part of being a great QB is managing the game. dont turn it over there. take the short pass. the FG matters. if we had the FG there, didnt need the TD at end. or if got the TD (and kicked the xp) we would have been up by more than 3 forcing the chargers to need to score a TD on last drive

We are in our superBowl window now.

You have to go with definite ballers when you are in your window.

Passing up on Bobby Wagner - who has 2/3 years left, and who wasn't going to break the bank - was a horrible move.

Bobby also doesn't have an injury history like Long Jr.

I hope Long Jr can bounce back from this game.

We are in our superBowl window now.

You have to go with definite ballers when you are in your window.

Passing up on Bobby Wagner - who has 2/3 years left, and who wasn't going to break the bank - was a horrible move.

Bobby also doesn't have an injury history like Long Jr.

I hope Long Jr can bounce back from this game.

I wish they would have traded for Roquon Smith instead of Chubb.

Quit questioning and just enjoy the amazing win. The D stepped up finally at the end.
The reason people question is because bad coaching decisions always catch up over the course of a season...like in 3 and 5 game losing streaks last year.

I wish they would have traded for Roquon Smith instead of Chubb.
Yes and I wish I had 13". Nothing, zilch, nada to be gained from wishing - it's all about doing the best with what we've got. Chubb played for Vic Fangio in Denver and don't worry, he will contribute.

The reason people question is because bad coaching decisions always catch up over the course of a season...like in 3 and 5 game losing streaks last year.
Thank you, my point exactly. Also, we were still snapping the ball way late in the clock, a couple times I didn't think we got the play off in time but it wasn't called. That frantic rush to get it snapped is going to cause problems. Also, Tua threw into triple coverage a couple of time trying to hit Smythe!! I said to my friends, if Smythe is triple covered the has to be a better place to throw the ball. I'm just pointing out some things to clean up going forward.
I've said a lot about the teams failure to field even an average oline. On this day the line did their job all game long and Tua didn't get touched!! A great day for the line without their leader and best player.

The package with Baker and Van Ginkel inside is no bueno.

Seemed like every run, Baker was guessing on his gap and getting swallowed. There were times when he went in before the ball was even snapped.

I find it hard to believe that Fangio has them running to a spot without reading.

Fangio has been successful everywhere he has been. I expect him to be so here in time. If he isn’t, it is a chicken salad out of chicken sht situation because he is a proven commodity.

We need a new Dt that fits the scheme.

Please sign Hicks today.

Did anyone see Ogbah out there?

Yeah bonehead play by the db to run it out to the 4 yard line
JC Jackson is the goat of this game for SD.

DPI that gave us a no time FG to end half.

Should have been DPI on his INT, but he gets it and runs it out to the 4. Which almost costs a safety, but after the punt….

He gives up a TD on our first play.

the only unit that concerns me is the LB spot.

I think the DL has too much talent to struggle like this every week.
But, I can't say the LB unit has too much (known) talent.
Baker to me only really shined when he was asked to blitz under Flores. Just seems to be a JAG in other phases.

1st and 2nd downs were throwing downs, and both were incomplete (although I though Tua could have ran that 1st down in). We used 12 seconds in 2 plays. You can't do that there. Yes, you want to score, but you need to be smart. If you score on 1st down, fine. Let your defense win the game. But, you need to run on 1 of those 2 downs, if not both. I'm not saying you don't score, but a great coach uses more clock there.

I have to disagree here. In such desperate moments, you absolutely have to score, anything else you do is a luxury.

Miami is hot passing the ball, Tua has shown a good knack in getting it done in pressure situations, so if you run the ball, you take the ball from your two biggest weapons, giving you less chances of winning the game.

I agree we need to be a more balanced offense during the game, but in pressure time, at a point where you might not see the ball again, there is no longer a cry for a balanced offense (Unless that is the type of offense you are...Miami is a passing team that needs to run more), it's the time where you do whatever you have to, to move the ball, and score to take the lead.

If you have to then give it back to your under-performing Defense to win it, then that is what you have to do...At least your leading, the clock becomes your friend.

If anything what made Miami scoring so quickly dangerous was the missing of the the extra point. What could have been very tough for the Chargers to win, but maybe tie, now made it very dangerous because just a FG won the game.

It is a brand new scheme versus a good offense attacking the schematic weakness of this defense. I do not believe that anyone on the defensive side of the ball is happy today. I do believe that the plan was to limit Herbert’s ability to influence the game. I believe Coach Vic resisted the impulse to adjust to the run to achieve this goal. It is clear there is work to be done!!

Back
Top Bottom