1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

Except you can clearly see what a great reciever he is. Not because Alabama dominated people, but because if you watch Smith you see all the tools a reciever needs to succeed.

Let alone weight matters very little in determining strength. I've seen guys smaller and lighter than me lift more weights. Simply because they focused on their technique and overall strength.

So you want a prototype, that's fine. But ignoring the football aspect of a player because college football is an "amateur" sport is nonsense. It's the only real indicator on if a player has the skills to succeed. So if I am drafting a prototype he better have the skills. And right now there isn't another prototype in the draft at wr. Some good talent, but no Calvin or Julio.

The funny thing is that selecting the prototype is exactly how teams draft busts.

Except you can clearly see what a great reciever he is. Not because Alabama dominated people, but because if you watch Smith you see all the tools a reciever needs to succeed.

Let alone weight matters very little in determining strength. I've seen guys smaller and lighter than me lift more weights. Simply because they focused on their technique and overall strength.

So you want a prototype, that's fine. But ignoring the football aspect of a player because college football is an "amateur" sport is nonsense. It's the only real indicator on if a player has the skills to succeed. So if I am drafting a prototype he better have the skills. And right now there isn't another prototype in the draft at wr. Some good talent, but no Calvin or Julio.
Jamar Chase is a far more prototype receiver...with the amateur stats.

Waddle is much sturdier...and far more explosive.

The facts are since 2000, players built like Smith have not succeeded...period!

Back
Top Bottom