11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated

And I can appreciate that and respect your opinion...and yes...If I went on Pats.com and posted my view from the Miami side I would expect to get roasted (or worse). I realize my opinion is not always proven right either but lets let the NFL finish the "investigation" and see how they fabricate a story to dodge this bullet. Its obvious they cannot easily dismiss it or it would already be last weeks news.
Anyway thanks for your understanding...Many here are not in a apologetic mood for their antics.

:hi5::link:

Can we stop this "it didn't matter" BS. Maybe not in this game but how long are the Pats doing it? How many close games were decided because of that?
Unless you are that blinded and really think that they got caught the first time (which we know for sure it was not the first time).

I am horrified by the fact how many fans are brushing this issue off as "oh well it didn't matter'. Now I understand why Spygate was never fully uncovered. People are scared that their favorite sports could be tainted. They are so scared that they rather have cheaters win than digging to the truth.

Not too log ago there was a thread about if season ticket holders should dump their tickets because we suck and they feel that this is the only way to show Ross the door. Incompetence and sucking does not really make me dump my tickets. If the integrity of the sport is in question that would make me dump my tickets. When Spygate was uncovered I was as close as ever to walk away from a sport I have loved my entire life. Almost 4 decades of season tickets I was ready to toss out. Despite my disappointment with the cover up I was hoping that the cheating has somewhat stopped. Sure there were too many calls going the Pats way but in-game decisions are hard to fight.
If the league does not come down hard on DeflateGate I will be the first one who will walk away from the game. This was blatant cheating. It was the attempt to gain an advantage by modifying football equipment beyond legality. If the league does not come down hard on the Patriots then it does not make any sense for me to spend another dime in a game where it does not matter anymore if you are the best team but it only matters how good you are at cheating and how good you can cover it up. For me in that very moment free agency becomes an afterthought, the draft is devalued and the games do not matter anymore.

Well said, sir.

It's not impossible. All you need to know is how long to let the air out to go into your desired range. I am sure Brady doesn't care if the football is at 11.1 or 11.3 or 10.9. I would bet that it takes less than 4 seconds to take out 2 psi.

Next time you are at a gas station go next to the air supply. Measure your tire pressure and than deflate for 5 seconds. Then measure again. I would bet that you reduced pressure by more than 10psi or pretty close to that.

actually it would take the needle to be inserted for about 2 seconds i believe. I'm not saying this is what happened but it is entirely possible to take a small amount of air out of 11 balls in 90 seconds. We have motive (Brady already saying in 2011 he likes a deflated ball) and now we have opportunity...

It's not impossible. All you need to know is how long to let the air out to go into your desired range. I am sure Brady doesn't care if the football is at 11.1 or 11.3 or 10.9. I would bet that it takes less than 4 seconds to take out 2 psi.

Next time you are at a gas station go next to the air supply. Measure your tire pressure and than deflate for 5 seconds. Then measure again. I would bet that you reduced pressure by more than 10psi or pretty close to that.

Plus, IF they have been doing it for YEARS now, they'd be pretty efficient at it by now.

actually it would take the needle to be inserted for about 2 seconds i believe. I'm not saying this is what happened but it is entirely possible to take a small amount of air out of 11 balls in 90 seconds. We have motive (Brady already saying in 2011 he likes a deflated ball) and now we have opportunity...

And means, he is the equipment guy. He no doubt had a needle on him.

The only way the NFL can do anything about this is if they have obtained video of him "visiting the restroom" with the balls for previous games. Clearly they have interviewed him and I'm assuming he didn't admit to anything and there certainly isn't video of him actually deflating the balls... I have a feeling we are all going to be disappointed on this outcome even though its starting to become clear their was intent to gain an advantage here...

The only way the NFL can do anything about this is if they have obtained video of him "visiting the restroom" with the balls for previous games. Clearly they have interviewed him and I'm assuming he didn't admit to anything and there certainly isn't video of him actually deflating the balls... I have a feeling we are all going to be disappointed on this outcome even though its starting to become clear their was intent to gain an advantage here...

He said it was not unusual for him to enter the bathroom with his balls...he never leaves his balls behind no matter where he ventures.

God help the society that requires that level of proof. I've put people in jail for substantial time with less evidence than is currently going against the Patriots. We have an admission from Brady that he likes deflated balls. We have 11 of 12 balls that lost at least 2 psi from the time they were measured prior to the game until halftime. We have the opponent's balls, 100% of which complied with the required psi range both before kickoff and at halftime. The Patriots had control of the ball for two and one half hours before the game, including at least 90 seconds where a Patrtiots employee was the only person who could see the balls. We have an experiment by Popular Science showing the temperature differential required for a 2 psi change would have to be nearly 75 degrees over an extended period of time (overnight). That is EASILY guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

God help the society that requires that level of proof. I've put people in jail for substantial time with less evidence than is currently going against the Patriots. We have an admission from Brady that he likes deflated balls. We have 11 of 12 balls that lost at least 2 psi from the time they were measured prior to the game until halftime. We have the opponent's balls, 100% of which complied with the required psi range both before kickoff and at halftime. The Patriots had control of the ball for two and one half hours before the game, including at least 90 seconds where a Patrtiots employee was the only person who could see the balls. We have an experiment by Popular Science showing the temperature differential required for a 2 psi change would have to be nearly 75 degrees over an extended period of time (overnight). That is EASILY guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Yes but it's the Pats and the NFL, BB a proven cheater did his own scientific experiment which proved beyond a reasonable doubt that they did nothing wrong and that's it, even thugh the fact remains that the balls were deflated.
Kraft expects an apology from the NFL and Hernandez did his own investigation and declared himself innocent.
That is the Patriots way.

This didn't happen in that bathroom.....he was in there for 90 seconds according to PFT.....there is no way he adjusted 11 or 12 balls approximatey 2 pounds under with that precision in only 7 or 8 seconds per ball.....impossible.

Deflating them to an approx. amount with a gauge, and it being only 11 (if you told me it was something like 30 then ok, thats too many), wouldn't be far fetched even for an amateur with at least a rudimentary knowledge of inflating things like a car tire.

It's not like he's taking his time. He knows he's got seconds to do this and will hurry it up as much as possible. Hell, he probably is told to practice it by management on non-game days.

Guys, this isn't amateur hour for the most part. They get away with cheating for years because they know how to hide it and how to work the system. It isn't like they thought it up 5 minutes before kickoff and they do it recklessly in a haste.

Are some of you forgetting that were talking about a small bathroom....and that each ball would have to be removed to perform this.....8+ seconds per ball is not very long.

You ever watched a bull rider make an 8 second ride?

if he did this....he must be very practiced at the art.......now if you tell me he's be doing this for years?

Oh ok....now i see it!

Frankly, it appears they've been doing this for years .... is it really such a stretch to believe they've got this whole process down pat?

They disgust me. Asterisk everything they've done in the BB era. Don't let them in the HOF. Make BB wear a normal looking sideline outfit while he serves a one year suspension. Take his hoodies away.

Back
Top Bottom