11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated

Any evidence of any other games or just assumptions?
Every day there are thousands of crimes committed just because people aren't caught doesn't mean that crimes never occurred - Vk is right for those who know the penal system criminal minds people who avoid their paying their taxes (all cheaters essentially) they did into the cookie jar until and one day they caught - some learn and don't do it again - others think they are the smartest in the room - and figure they will get away with it

Either way trust is broken with the Pats and the NFL - the NFL fan who watches closely stands somewhat vindicated regardless if this was a one off or not - but criminals will tell you that they do lots of bad things that never caught them caught...

Take it from a guy who works with criminally minded people, cheats and people who "abuse" others

Bringing Nixon and his administration in now? :lol: Too much Mike.

Goodell and the Patriots opened the door for the mess they now have on their hands. The media is going to overplay it and no matter what the NFL does, it won't be satisfactory for one side or the other. Many people who have no rooting interest here could really care less about it. The morning sports talk I listen to has a huge Ravens homer on it and he is laughing about how much is being made about nothing.

This hits home because its the Pats and they have the history of Spy Gate. Again, this had no affect on the Colts and their porous defense.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

I'm defending how ridiculous this is. If this was the Dolphins I am absolutely positive the spin would be completely different.

No Ted..while it doesnt impact this game's outcome, it does strongly reflect on and tarnishes all the Patriots wins and legacy. Individual small waves hitting the shore don't erode the shoreline.. it's a cumulative effect that does ....and between the Tuck Rule, QB roughing called on Brady more than others, Spygate and the burning of the tape and now this... their "cheat to win" legacy is being reinforced beyond the point of no return.

Again, you need to ask yourself why 24 balls were weighed pre game and only the 12 Pats balls were deflated, 11 of them seriously post game?

Every day there are thousands of crimes committed just because people aren't caught doesn't mean that crimes never occurred - Vk is right for those who know the penal system criminal minds people who avoid their paying their taxes (all cheaters essentially) they did into the cookie jar until and one day they caught - some learn and don't do it again - others think they are the smartest in the room - and figure they will get away with it

Either way trust is broken with the Pats and the NFL - the NFL fan who watches closely stands somewhat vindicated regardless if this was a one off or not - but criminals will tell you that they do lots of bad things that never caught them caught...

Take it from a guy who works with criminally minded people, cheats and people who "abuse" others

Thank you. I spent 22 years in law enforcement and am very much aware of the minds of people who are criminal. I do believe I said that if they cheated then they should be punished. The point I am making is that the Colts got their asses kicked and the thought that 2 PSI in a football is the reason is silly.

Side note, thanks for your service. Work with folks in the criminal element is often under appreciated. :up:

i'm no authority on the the deflating process but i've played a lot of football in my life in 51 degree temperatures and the balls never gotten softer on me in 3 hours

No Ted..while it doesnt impact this game's outcome, it does strongly reflect on and tarnishes all the Patriots wins and legacy. Individual small waves hitting the shore don't erode the shoreline.. it's a cumulative effect that does ....and between the Tuck Rule, QB roughing called on Brady more than others, Spygate and the burning of the tape and now this... their "cheat to win" legacy is being reinforced beyond the point of no return.

Again, you need to ask yourself why 24 balls were weighed pre game and only the 12 Pats balls were deflated, 11 of them seriously post game?

I'm not arguing that. It's the notion that 2 PSI somehow caused the Colts to forget how to tackle and play defense. If they cheated then it needs to be addressed and rightfullly so. If this was such a major concern than why has the NFL not done a better job with ball security for all balls used? After all, the 7 balls used for kicking are used by both teams and secured so no funny business can occur.

I'm not arguing that. It's the notion that 2 PSI somehow caused the Colts to forget how to tackle and play defense. If they cheated then it needs to be addressed and rightfullly so. If this was such a major concern than why has the NFL not done a better job with ball security for all balls used? After all, the 7 balls used for kicking are used by both teams and secured so no funny business can occur.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread say that the deflated balls were the reason why the Colts lost.

I am not going to convict anyone based on conspiracy theories, assumptions, hatred, bias or a lack of proof. That's not how I roll.

It's not as if this would be the first time a story breaks, everyone points fingers and end up being wrong.

This story is going to have legs. Brady has been quoted as far back 2011 as stating he likes deflated balls and that occurs when Gronk spikes them.

This tells me other teams have complained about this and he is deflecting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/brady-said-in-2011-he-likes-deflated-footballs/

I haven't seen anyone in this thread say that the deflated balls were the reason why the Colts lost.

In general. It's all over social media and the prevailing thought is that the Pats can't win without cheating. That said, you are correct. Nice catch.

This story is going to have legs. Brady has been quoted as far back 2011 as stating he likes deflated balls and that occurs when Gronk spikes them.

This tells me other teams have complained about this and he is deflecting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/brady-said-in-2011-he-likes-deflated-footballs/
Short of confessions like we are seeing from Brad Johnson or having documented occurrences of past transgressions on file, this is going to be a whole lot of speculation in the media and guys like you and me will go back and forth on.

The issue isn't whether it helped NE beat the Colts. the issue is once again the Patriots did something illegal to gain a competitive advantage. Also, who knows how long this has been going on. The whole "Brady loves bad weather games" argument now reeks of BS. Who is to say this didn't help them win the Baltimore game? One fumble that doesn't bounce away bc the ball is flat, or one tough catch that was easier to catch would have changed that game.

i'm no authority on the the deflating process but i've played a lot of football in my life in 51 degree temperatures and the balls never gotten softer on me in 3 hours

Yep and I have played a lot in the rain, and there is no doubt a deflated ball is easier to grip..Now I preferred scuffing the **** out of them with a wire brush, but to each their own

In general. It's all over social media and the prevailing thought is that the Pats can't win without cheating. That said, you are correct. Nice catch.

Obviously anyone who's watched the game knows it's not true in this case, but it certainly brings into question all their close wins going back forever. And as far as social media piling on, they're certainly wrong in this instance, but I'll admit I'm delighted that it's happening as "perception becomes reality." And in recognition of their "body of work," which scumbag team is more deserving of being tarred and feathered as cheaters more than them?

Back
Top Bottom