11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11 of 12 Pats footballs underinflated

The issue isn't whether it helped NE beat the Colts. the issue is once again the Patriots did something illegal to gain a competitive advantage. Also, who knows how long this has been going on. The whole "Brady loves bad weather games" argument now reeks of BS. Who is to say this didn't help them win the Baltimore game? One fumble that doesn't bounce away bc the ball is flat, or one tough catch that was easier to catch would have changed that game.

Who's to say that Gene Staretore wasn't paid handsomely by the Steelers to rule that the ball was not fumbled at the 2 yard line and that the Dolphins didn't recover it in the end zone?

I'm out guys. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

Short of confessions like we are seeing from Brad Johnson or having documented occurrences of past transgressions on file, this is going to be a whole lot of speculation in the media and guys like you and me will go back and forth on.

There's no speculation MD - you and I are both ex-cops ... if one side has 11 deflated balls and the other has none, that's probable cause for an investigation. Which is exactly what is occurring. I simply submit to you that, the NFL will not be able to contain this damage IF there have been previous allegations - which there is already evidence that there have been.
They are digging deeper because there's enough evidence to warrant such actions. If there weren't Kraft's good friend Goodell would have already determined there was no wrong doing.

The biggest question as an investigator is, as you know, "what else is there?".

[video=youtube;vd3D2gsPUR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd3D2gsPUR0 [/video]

Posted this in Beast forum but figured people here would appreciate it too.

The Pats org is the modern day equivalent of the movie "The Firm" or the OJ Simpson saga - the INT took them down - could anything be so harmless?

Bellicheat is like Richard Nixon. Nixon would have won the '72 election regardless. But Nixon still cheated and lied about it after. That's Bellicheat. Totally unnecessary cheating. He's pathological, and his cheating will be in the first paragraph of his obituary.

Actually, I'd prefer that it was the second paragraph.

Ideally, the first paragraph would begin ... "Disgraced former New England Patriots Coach Bill Belichick was brutally raped and savaged by a pack of ravenous, AIDS-infested pit bulls 4 years ago - an attack that caused him to live out the remainder of his days in constant pain and fear ..."

:idk: But, maybe that's just me. :idk:

The score was 45-7. In a game a little more competitive then the jealousy and butt hurt agenda that drives this may have legs

The balls are tested indoors by the officiating crew prior to a game correct? With that in mind what happens to PSI when the temperature drops 30 degrees?

Additionally, with the saturation of media coverage you really believe a $10.00 per hour ball boy is going to stand on a sideline and stick a needle in a ball without being observed by a camera? Do you guys understand how the balls are handled in game?

BS. Do you really think that ball boy is only being compensated at his usual $10/hr rate? Brad Johnson's most recent admission on such things should shine a light on this small minded line of thinking. And I am attacking that notion because I know it's not your personal thought but rather one coming from an interview of former ref Daopoulis.

This also marks the second consecutive week that the Patriots integrity has been questioned as they ran illegal formations and substitutions vs the Ravens. And not the original play in question by people here but the two that immediately followed in which Vereen played as an eligible receiver.

And honestly, the "butthurt" comments and declaring that the Colts got their ass kicked regardless just reeks of someone who has never played a competitive team sport and the lack of understanding of early momentum shifts. Sorry, just my take.

Were the refs in on this? If the Colts defensive player can notice this on one interception, how could the refs not do anything with all of the handling of the balls they do? Bigger conspiracy??????

Yeah I didn't realize that. The referees handle the footballs all game. How would they not notice and do something about it? They'd have to be in on it too.

When spygate first happen There were allegations of mic'd up pats dlineman taping audibles, an extra mic in Brady's helmet, and the pats cutting out opponents head sets at home games. Look it up a lot got swept under the mat.

Don't go to easy on them. It was not just taping walk throughs or some video shot of sideline signals.
Spygate was essentially about taping defensive signals and calls during the game, sending them upstairs to analyze to staff outside of the game staff, matching the signals with personal and the use of a different frequency in Brady's helmet which was active until he snapped the ball.
When Doug Flutie picked up the wrong helmet once (he grabbed Brady's backup helmet) he was quoted as saying: " I was surprised to hear audibles over the mic when the connection was supposed to be cut off".

Spygate was also about posssible having visitor's locker room mic'ed. Manning was quoted once that he felt the Pats were sitting in their team meetings or in their locker room at half time. He actually asked the OC to step outside the locker room at one of the games.

This whole "Goodell ****ed up by destroying the tapes" and "everybody does it" are a coverup and the lesser of the two evils.

At that time it was not just about the Pats but the consequences the league as a whole could have faced.

Read the book people. Read the book.

I'm not arguing that. It's the notion that 2 PSI somehow caused the Colts to forget how to tackle and play defense. If they cheated then it needs to be addressed and rightfullly so. If this was such a major concern than why has the NFL not done a better job with ball security for all balls used? After all, the 7 balls used for kicking are used by both teams and secured so no funny business can occur.

MD, I appreciate your stance on this, but here's the thing:

It definitely could have mattered two weeks ago when they played the Ravens. I'm willing to bet they had some deflated balls in that game, too. :)

The score was 45-7. In a game a little more competitive then the jealousy and butt hurt agenda that drives this may have legs

The balls are tested indoors by the officiating crew prior to a game correct? With that in mind what happens to PSI when the temperature drops 30 degrees?

Additionally, with the saturation of media coverage you really believe a $10.00 per hour ball boy is going to stand on a sideline and stick a needle in a ball without being observed by a camera? Do you guys understand how the balls are handled in game?

I get it. We are fans of a dysfunctional organization that shares the same division with a Hall of Fame coach and QB. It's easy to pile on a team that got caught cheating in 2007. But that shouldn't blur your ability to think it through and use some objectivity.

Exactly. You nailed it.

I love Cowherd's recommended punishment for the Patriots: Loss of a 1st round pick and 2-years of being on HBO's HardKnocks. Cameras everywhere - that'd drive Bellichick crazy :lol:

Well they kept 1 fully inflated for their kicking game. Bunch of A-HOLES!

Thank you. I spent 22 years in law enforcement and am very much aware of the minds of people who are criminal. I do believe I said that if they cheated then they should be punished. The point I am making is that the Colts got their asses kicked and the thought that 2 PSI in a football is the reason is silly.

Side note, thanks for your service. Work with folks in the criminal element is often under appreciated. :up:

MadDog - you are a thoughtful poster, and we understand each other, and I appreciate officers of the law believe you me

I have met a number of men who were arrested for standing around, they told me that they had done enough stuff that warranted arrest... And the time in the jail helped them reflect on a life change.

This is going to sound judgmental and it is... I think the warning bells should go off within the Pats organization, and Goodell should realize that he is being "romanced" by Bob Kraft - who it appears doesn't give a rip about him as a person, Kraft just cares about "W"s

Indy likely loses this particular game either way, but those who gambled have to wonder about the spread... :idk:

I do however agree that people are not guilty until proven guilty, but what is really funny is "perception" and the court of public opinion who have begun to tar and feather over 2lb PSI. And the Pats brought this perception on themselves and actually quite arrogantly...

Fans will be waving deflated footballs at the Pats during games for the next 15 years...

I believe the term is "poetic justice" -> where justice can't or won't be served.

Back
Top Bottom