12 point underdogs to the Pats! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

12 point underdogs to the Pats!

that doesn't make a lot of sense. You take stats from one game, and say you are worried about x or y or z. But you don't take what they have done the whole season and consider that at all. but, ok.

imo, Cobbs was a player who made things happen. Whether it be the WC or 3rd and long situations. He makes that back LB account for him, because of his skill set. Which translates to the offense as a whole.

You want to minimize the loss of W. Allen. I am saying the loss of Cobbs to this offense is a big deal.

imo, Cobbs was a player who made things happen. Whether it be the WC or 3rd and long situations. He makes that back LB account for him, because of his skill set. Which translates to the offense as a whole.

You want to minimize the loss of W. Allen. I am saying the loss of Cobbs to this offense is a big deal.
lol. well, i guess just like we had to wait for the jets game, we'll have to wait for the NE game to see who's view points is on par. Granted, with the stat sheet, you were more right about our secondary, but we still pulled out a win. I'll take that every time.

I love all the optimism, but can any of you honestly with a straight face say we are going to stop them from scoring at will on our defense? Don't tell me how we stopped teams for a quarter, or a half of football. Every team we have played seems to retool during halftime and score all over us during the second half. We will not win unless our defense plays well the second half. We haven't played a good second half on defense all year, plain and simple.

I think your opinion is pretty much irrelevent..your a front runner...be a real fan. And i know for a fact your favorite player is Jason Allen..and that tells alot about your football knowledge ..lol haha

Com'on guys. The pats were outplayed by the jets, buffalo, and who else did they lose to? They beat atl. And some low level teams. They r good but 12 points???

Best and only way to beat new england - hit brady often. Do that and u will win. Don't do that and u have no shot. Also remember our o was good against the jets the first game but they do have a good defense. The pats r a little weaker on d. And also I believe our o will bounce back after that horrible performance and getting to shake off that saints game. We need to set the tone up front, hit brady, and play d in the 4th and we can win. Bc its after a bye and its away it'll be real tough but we can do it and 12 points for division rivals who we ussually split with is way too much
if we play like last week we will lose by more than that

I don't care how well the Dolphins' offense plays; if the defense doesn't play its best game of the year, we lose. We're not going to win a shootout with them. And a horrible defense will just sink even a great offense, see the Dolphins circa 1986-1989. This is the worst secondary play we've had since those dark times (though at least this version is going to improve after this year due to experience alone; the 80s version was just hopeless).

theres no doubt it will be very tough to beat them after a bi week if we do props to us!! playoff bound no doubt. playoff? playofs? ur talkin about playoffs!!?? ha ha

Throw out the two blowouts by Patriots against winless teams and this looks like a close game. If you put the scoring averages of Miami and NE against eachother you come out with a 27-20 win by the Patriots. Add in home field (+3) and that where they are getting the 10 point favorite range.

However if you just look at common opponents the game looks much closer.
Miami is 2-2 and has outscored common opponents 106-81
NE is 2-1 and has outscored common opponents 60-50

If you put those scoring averages against eachother you come out with a 22-20 win by Miami. Add in home field for NE and this comes down to a 1 point game.

It should be a good one. I would take the points on this one.

Back
Top Bottom