1st Round Dream Scenario (poll) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Dream Scenario (poll)

What is your dream scenario for Round 1?

• Total voters
I went Edmonds...tough call though

We absolutely have to strengthen the back 7 of our defense....hoping McMillan will be what we need and adding the same or better (potentially) beside him at linebacker would be formidable ....our LB's have not been the ticket of late

That said I am hoping for one of the 4..Edmonds, Smith, James or Fitzpatrick

If the Dolphins are lucky enough that Tremaine Edmunds is still miraculously on the board at pick 11, put that kid in a Miami Dolphin uniform and let’s rock n’ roll!

He ticks off all the important boxes at a position of great need for this team.

I believe the Raiders and Niners take Smith and Edmunds. I went with Derwin James

Nonetheless, six players would make me thrilled at 11: Rosen, Mayfield, Smith, Edmunds, James, Fitzpatrick. In terms of making our team better immediately and taking our defense to another level.... I like Smith and James.

So were just days away from the clock. Vote for your most desired outcome for the 1st round and post who you voted for.

I went with Roquan Smith.
- While I love the hype around Edmunds, I love Smith's pro-readiness, his leadership, and his speed. So was Zach Thomas. Its a position of need, and hes ultimately the safer choice. I love the idea of the leader of the UGA defense and the leader of Ohio St's defense pairing together on our D for years to come.

Roquan and Raekwan. R&R Anti-Express. Smith Brothers.

Based on results so far, a lot of people will be disappointed.

would love to trade down with arizona and pick up an extra 3rd and 5th. and take vea at 15

I’m in the same boat. My dream scenario is buffalo stays put and one of the top 4 QBs drop to 11. Arizona would be smart to make a move up to that spot and Miami would be smart to take the extra pics. Somebody good will still be there at 15 and buffalo gets screwed. Win win.

I would LOVE for someone to explain to me how Vita Vea is in any way, shape, or form a “dream scenario.”

:laugh He is my least desired player in the 1st round, and I can't stand seeing people talk about taking him at #11. I thought we'd still get "that guy" to come on here and say thats who we need because of the departure of Suh. I'm so happy to see him have a big fat 0 as were approx 100 votes into the poll so far.

Wheres Saquan Barkley? That would be the dream scenario.

Agreed. But I wanted to try to remain as realistic as possible. I just don't see the Phins moving up to a top 5 pick to take him. That would the shock of the NFL draft. The same with Chubb. On the other hand, not many would be shocked if we traded up for a QB or Nelson and we wouldn't necessarily have to get to the top 5 to make it happen.

Based on results so far, a lot of people will be disappointed.

That was kind of the point of this poll. If I had called it "pick who you think we'll take at #11" I don't feel like the results would be as interesting. I want to always see what Finheaven wants. I also think its interesting because it shows how we value the prospects we think will be available to us. And it will also be cool to see who was loyal to the pick when other (and arguably more elite talents) were hypothetically available.

Last edited:
So were approximately 100 votes into the poll so far. This is what I find interesting.

#1 - That despite having Ryan Tannehill, and having some real desperate needs on our team...the majority of Finheaven still wants us to still take a QB (be it Mayfield falling to us or trading up for one of the other prospects.) A combined 26% of the board wants us to take QB.

#2 - That only 10% of us want a trade down. I feel like every year the majority of us want a trade down but it appears that we'd be very happy with sticking to #11 for once.

#3 - That Finheaven is truly split 50/50 on Edmunds/Smith, and James/Fitz at their respective positions.

#4 - That 0 people want Ward or Vea with other prospects hypothetically available. They're the definition of true "leftovers" according to us - not considered top 10 talents. Safe to say they won't be very popular picks if we take them.

Last edited:
I think Smith is out now with the talk of undisclosed medical issue. Also he is only 6'1 which might be ok in college but can be weakness in the NFL.

Nelson is the dream pick despite being a guard. He and Barkley are the 2 sure fire all pros.

Do you mean the hammy he pulled at the combine or is there something else more serious? I did a quick search and didn't find anything new.

I have to say TREAMAINE EDMONDS. Unfortunately, I don't believe he will be available at #11 with the Raiders and 49ers picking right before us.

God forbid, but if Edmonds is off the board at 11, then I hope we can land one of the following:

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Derwin James
Roquan Smith
or trade down

Last edited:
So were approximately 100 votes into the poll so far. This is what I find interesting.

#1 - That despite having Ryan Tannehill, and having some real desperate needs on our team...the majority of Finheaven still wants us to still take a QB (be it Mayfield falling to us or trading up for one of the other prospects.) A combined 26% of the board wants us to take QB.

#2 - That only 10% of us want a trade down. I feel like every year the majority of us want a trade down but it appears that we'd be very happy with sticking to #11 for once.

#3 - That Finheaven is truly split 50/50 on Edmunds/Smith, and James/Fitz at their respective positions.

#4 - That 0 people want Ward or Vea with other prospects hypothetically available. They're the definition of true "leftovers" according to us - not considered top 10 talents. Safe to say they won't be very popular picks if we take them.
Nitpicking here but 26% is not a majority

WRONG....

Actually, 26% wants a QB as you stated, and 74% view other positions are more important to address.

I don't want another Charles Harris. If we are not going for our QB of the future. then the pick needs to be as can't miss as possible. We've picked so many average first rounders in recent years it's ridiculous.

Vea and Fitzpatrick are the two players we've been talked about drafting that fit that profile of solid but not franchise changing players for me, with the 11th pick you should be getting a little better than that in my view.

I know this may be weird (no surprise from me, right?), but I would be okay with a lot of guys. I can see the value in each. For example, I like the versatility James and Fitzpatrick would bring, or the boost to our LB corp. that Smith or Edmunds might add. If we were able to snag one of the guys who might be transcending such as Barkley or Chubb then I suppose that would make me the most happy, but that aint gonna happen, so I am not gonna worry about it. In the end, I just want a guy who loves football and his team enough that he doesn't do something stupid like take drugs or any other banned substances that would get him suspended. I want a guy who will play.

I like Smith. Vita is a need but we need to be able to cover RB's and TE's to be successful in our division. We need an LB who can run and cover.

Back
Top Bottom