2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him

Yet Brady could not get many of those 300 games until an elite receiver by the name of Moss came aboard, or a TE by the name of Gronk stepped out there to help the team.

I never said Tannehill was as good, my point was that if Brady who is an all time top 10 QB has done the short pass to elite levels, how is Ryan now doing it, making him a average or bad QB?

So, if I discount his prime years and his best players, his numbers won't look as good? Interesting. I'll take out the Moss years, I guess, since he was a deep threat, more so than Gronk, who would really fit your dink and dunk concept more and I'm not going to sort out all the games Gronk missed. He still had 70 games out of 226 over 300 yards and 128 out of 226 over 250 yards. Drops his percentage of 300 yard games by 1% to 31%. 250 yards stays at 57%.

These comparisons to HoF QBs is beyond silly. You can cherry pick stats all you like, Tannehill isn't anywhere close to Rodgers, Brady, etc. He never will be. If you want to argue that he still deserves to be a starter in the league, fine, that's reasonable, but this stuff...

Great post. That QB would have a hard time finding a job. Rodgers and Brees might be the only guys who could get away with that....sparingly. To think that any QB can just go rogue is just stupid.

QB’s are on the field and most of them have the authority to change the play if they see something they don’t like. He could have changed the play and then justified by saying he didn’t like the play against that defense

QB’s are on the field and most of them have the authority to change the play if they see something they don’t like. He could have changed the play and then justified by saying he didn’t like the play against that defense

That's a fantasy world. Spotting coverage ID's and changing direction, Gaps or small things is normal....going rogue from a gut run to passing plays is not a normal occurrence. "justifying" it with an excuse is silly, the coach can clearly see what the D is playing and know that the "justification" is bs.

Ask Ajayi, Landry and Suh how it works out when you continuously go rogue. Gase is not that kind of coach. He's stubborn but in the wrong way.

:lmfao:
So now it’s not QB wins but last week you were beating the RT is 11-5 or some other delusional stat keeping with your strange obsession of Ryan...and now it’s Aaron Rodgers fault. That’s a 2 win team without Rodgers. We are 7-9 with or without Ryan Tannehill. The Pack might be losing but they’re in every game. Guess why?

Can you imagine being mediocre at your job and be rewarded with a huge contract? That's what we did with Tannehill.
Tannehill has the best job in USA....He stinks at it and still gets paid millions for it. How can one be that lucky?...Its like him winning the lotto.

So, if I discount his prime years and his best players, his numbers won't look as good? Interesting. I'll take out the Moss years, I guess, since he was a deep threat, more so than Gronk, who would really fit your dink and dunk concept more and I'm not going to sort out all the games Gronk missed. He still had 70 games out of 226 over 300 yards and 128 out of 226 over 250 yards. Drops his percentage of 300 yard games by 1% to 31%. 250 yards stays at 57%.

Please, your too smart and observant a person to act like you have no idea that Brady gets most of his yardage from start passes that are very well executed to make what should be a 2-5 yard play, into a play that many times that. You know very well that before Brady got Moss, the Patriot offense was a lot like what you see with Tannehill and Miami.

Tannehill has proven he is fully capable of throwing for 300+ if he had too, but the secret that many people seem to forget, throwing for 300 yards does not guarantee success, there are categories FAR more important then how many yards or attempts a QB had, like how many TDs did he get, or help his offense produce with a final run...how many turnover did that QB have? Though he threw for just over 200, what was the yards per completion?

These comparisons to HoF QBs is beyond silly. You can cherry pick stats all you like, Tannehill isn't anywhere close to Rodgers, Brady, etc. He never will be. If you want to argue that he still deserves to be a starter in the league, fine, that's reasonable, but this stuff...

Here we go, back to the same "Why do people hve compare Tannehill to Brady. Yet again, I am not comparing Brady to Tannehill.

Tannehil has yet to prove he is even close to Brad. On the other hand there are signs there that Tannehill can b a darn goo QB if he can stay healthy, and the O-line can be more consistent...(Still not saying Tannehil is as good as Brady)

Tannehill started his career with a horrible QB coach, with also a HC and OC that that were handcuffing Tannehill to grow, become better, finally he ha an O-line that for the 1st 4 years of his career, help make Tannehill the most sacked QB in TV he league...and to that nothing special WR, and it's amazing Tannehill is still out there producing...(Still not saying Tannhill is as good as Brady)

Please, your too smart and observant a person to act like you have no idea that Brady gets most of his yardage from start passes that are very well executed to make what should be a 2-5 yard play, into a play that many times that. You know very well that before Brady got Moss, the Patriot offense was a lot like what you see with Tannehill and Miami.

Tannehill has proven he is fully capable of throwing for 300+ if he had too, but the secret that many people seem to forget, throwing for 300 yards does not guarantee success, there are categories FAR more important then how many yards or attempts a QB had, like how many TDs did he get, or help his offense produce with a final run...how many turnover did that QB have? Though he threw for just over 200, what was the yards per completion?

Here we go, back to the same "Why do people hve compare Tannehill to Brady. Yet again, I am not comparing Brady to Tannehill.

Tannehil has yet to prove he is even close to Brad. On the other hand there are signs there that Tannehill can b a darn goo QB if he can stay healthy, and the O-line can be more consistent...(Still not saying Tannehil is as good as Brady)

Tannehill started his career with a horrible QB coach, with also a HC and OC that that were handcuffing Tannehill to grow, become better, finally he ha an O-line that for the 1st 4 years of his career, help make Tannehill the most sacked QB in TV he league...and to that nothing special WR, and it's amazing Tannehill is still out there producing...(Still not saying Tannhill is as good as Brady)

:lol: Good lord, you're going to stick with this.

Here, I know what would make it easier. If I exclude all of Tom Brady's 300+ yard games, it will show that he threw for over 300 yards 0% of the time! Ergo, not only is Tannehill basically the same as Tom Brady, he's actually better than him! I mean, 0%? How pathetic is that? And this guy is going to be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer?

Let me try an equally valid comparison: Ryan Tannehill is basically Ryan Leaf. Let me find some stats to cherry pick to show that. I'm sure I could come up with plenty of excuses for Leaf as well.

:lol: Good lord, you're going to stick with this.

Here, I know what would make it easier. If I exclude all of Tom Brady's 300+ yard games, it will show that he threw for over 300 yards 0% of the time! Ergo, not only is Tannehill basically the same as Tom Brady, he's actually better than him! I mean, 0%? How pathetic is that? And this guy is going to be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer?

Let me try an equally valid comparison: Ryan Tannehill is basically Ryan Leaf. Let me find some stats to cherry pick to show that. I'm sure I could come up with plenty of excuses for Leaf as well.

Wow!!! I thought either you would just let it go already or you would actually at least stop the continued misdirection arguments that have nothing to do with what I m saying. So if you really have nothing to really add against what I actually wrote, I will let end here....I know you will need to get the last word...so enjoy. :wink

Back
Top Bottom